CTA Accidents

garmon757

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2020 at 6:30 PM, Nova's at 103rd said:

Yeah she was ahead of schedule so she pulled over directly to the curb and he every tree branch before realizing her mirror was broke.

I did that before broke tf out of the mirror I tried whipping around another bus when it was 4 if us on the 12 on day we was all late af & I had got too close to the bus in front of me but thouse I had enough room when when I pulled out I smacked the mirror on the bus in front of me 

1 minute ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I did that before broke tf out of the mirror I tried whipping around another bus when it was 4 if us on the 12 on day we was all late af & I had got too close to the bus in front of me but thouse I had enough room when when I pulled out I smacked the mirror on the bus in front of me 

Watch your language bro

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Watch your language bro

48 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

46 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Watch your language bro

What did he say wrong?  I don't see it here.

4 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

What did he say wrong?  I don't see it here.

“tf” is an abbreviation of “the f***”

Personally I think since he abbreviated it it’s not a big deal as it isn’t blatantly obvious, but I know some people disagree, and from a public forum standpoint I can understand why. Though I still think the main point is that he damaged a bus mirror in a manner similar to the bus operator mentioned before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

“tf” is an abbreviation of “the f***”

Personally I think since he abbreviated it it’s not a big deal as it isn’t blatantly obvious, but I know some people disagree, and from a public forum standpoint I can understand why. Though I still think the main point is that he damaged a bus mirror in a manner similar to the bus operator mentioned before.

Got it.  I misread it as a typo for it.  I give him some credit in that, once upon a time,  he would have typed it out, but now it's abbreviated.   Some printed articles will use the word expletive when quoting someone who uses profanity.   Most people can still infer what the expletive  is.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I could be wrong (but I don't think so) but I think had you not "whipped out" you would've cleared the bus in front of you.  I know you said you were late, but 5 seconds wouldn't make any difference in time.

I actually hate those overhang mirrors.  I prefer the mirrors on coach buses which tend to be lower.  I don't know why transit buses won't adapt to that.  Maybe they are afraid of hitting people with the mirrors, though I have heard of that happening before.

My only tree limb issues were low trees hovering over the street with a tall bus.  I would gently move the bus, pushing the limbs upward until it hit the roof of the bus.  I made sure by going slow, I didn't crack a windshield or a ny marker lights. 

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I could be wrong (but I don't think so) but I think had you not "whipped out" you would've cleared the bus in front of you.  I know you said you were late, but 5 seconds wouldn't make any difference in time.

I actually hate those overhang mirrors.  I prefer the mirrors on coach buses which tend to be lower.  I don't know why transit buses won't adapt to that.  Maybe they are afraid of hitting people with the mirrors, though I have heard of that happening before.

My only tree limb issues were low trees hovering over the street with a tall bus.  I would gently move the bus, pushing the limbs upward until it hit the roof of the bus.  I made sure by going slow, I didn't crack a windshield or a ny marker lights. 

Yea that was my mistake & I took ownership of that I hit the gas facing out instead of just rolling out 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...