CTA Accidents

garmon757

11 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Thank You!!!  I will say whatever I want to say!  Why some of you get off defensive about it instead of acting a bit more civilized, is beyond me!  But whatever!  Ill continue to post!  Just keep in mind. You dont have to respond! No one is saying you have to!  

????

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

????

15 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Oh, believe me, I dont get upset here!  It takes way more than these responses to get me going!!  ;)  But it does seem almost every post I make, regardless of the content, some on here cant hack it!  So they feel they have to get defensive and in a couple of instances Ive been insulted on here!   Im way better than that!  I wont waste my time!  I was an experienced operator myself, my dad was nearly 30 year veteran of CTA. I know how this agency operates and they dont always play with a fair deck. Im not some outsider. Ive been out there, Ive taken the verbal abuse and dealt with the bad traffic and weather conditions. I have scars of my own!!! I know what I know from what Ive observed and experienced! So dont anyone lecture me here!  But oh well!  Ill just continue to post my opinions and thoughts I guess and If you dont like what I have to say, you dont have to respond or insult!!  Im respectful of others thoughts and opinions here. I may not always agree but I let people have their say and I should expect the same courtesy. If you dont like what i have to say.....Then Just Keep Scrolling or Just Move On!  :)   I wish some members on here would act a little more civilized and let people speak their minds! 

13 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Thank You!!!  I will say whatever I want to say!  Why some of you get off defensive about it instead of acting a bit more civilized, is beyond me!  But whatever!  Ill continue to post!  Just keep in mind. You dont have to respond! No one is saying you have to!  

9/10 times if you feel like "everyone's against you" you're obviously doing something wrong ??

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I wish the towing industry would be investigated and regulated.  These companies have contracts with various stores, strip malls, and apartmenr/townhome complexes.  They actively and aggressively seek cars to tow.  Some even have cameras installed in various lots looking for a person not patronizing a particular store to walk off the property.  Not long ago I was a victim.   I wasn't aware from the car 2 minutes.  The tow truck driver towed the car.  I tried to catch him but he sped off down a back road, never turning on any lights until he knew he clearly got away.   The way he operates was more like a thief.

I could wr,but I think drivers either get paid by the tow or get bonuses for executing a certain number or monetary amount of towa, hence the aggressive driving   

I've seen cars towed because a car was parked on the line if the neighboring handicap parking space.  Really?  SUVs and large Van's are even more lucrative. 

S &S towing is definitely one of the most thirsty and dirty tow companies ever. They patrol the Western suburbs of Cook and DuPage counties.   If you see them as the towing company listed for where you are parked, have your it's dotted, it's crossed,  and your ducks in a row .  They tried to charge me for two days when they didn't have my car for barely more than 24 hours.  I can't remember the name of the company bear 167th and Pulaski,  but they are the south side version of S⁸& S.

Yeah tow companies are like vultures.You should see when theres an accident, to get to it they drive like there the police. No regard for the law. They really need cameras on these vehicles to watch these guys cause most are crooked. There's even one on the NW side that puts a gigantic badge on the side of there trucks to make it look like they are the police. Any police like shield should be banned that's misleading to the public. As far as shady parking lots, the Mcdonalds at Jefferson Park uses denver boots and boots your car if your in the lot illegally, or so they say. I was shocked to see that. Better off to park on the street. But really do your car activities in the suburbs, it's must less hostile and they don't have ticket bandits walking around.

9 hours ago, Sam92 said:

9/10 times if you feel like "everyone's against you" you're obviously doing something wrong ??

Yeah, keep telling yourself that!!! 

5 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Yeah, keep telling yourself that!!! 

I'm not the one that "feels attacked for my opinion". Obviously it's something you've been doing and I don't blame the other operators for jumping down your throat for your recent relatively garbage opinions on how every operator is automatically in the wrong just cause they dont drive like you. ?? Last I checked you're a retired operator not the investigation team your input on what these operators were doing were pretty out of pocket

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

I'm not the one that "feels attacked for my opinion". Obviously it's something you've been doing and I don't blame the other operators for jumping down your throat for your recent relatively garbage opinions on how every operator is automatically in the wrong just cause they dont drive like you. ?? Last I checked you're a retired operator not the investigation team your input on what these operators were doing were pretty out of pocket

The only garbage is what you keep writing to me! Your obviously too ignorant to understand other peoples opinions!  Im glad you dont like what I have to say. Gives me more ammo! 

On 7/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, artthouwill said:

I need to learn how use that tactic!  That seems to be the only language they understand. 

See I just do things my own way bro thats how come me & my girl be bumping heads cuz I do things that she dont agree with but like I say we all got a way of doing things that works for us

On 7/8/2020 at 2:23 PM, CTA5750 said:

The only garbage is what you keep writing to me! Your obviously too ignorant to understand other peoples opinions!  Im glad you dont like what I have to say. Gives me more ammo! 

Ammo to look REAAAAALLY foolish at this point but I'mma let you be great ????

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

don’t know which bus # this is but this is happened on 79th and Damen

F0B48D2F-FA73-4D99-ACD5-3F2304B20776.jpeg

Actually it looks like the bus was stopped when it occured but the bikes are damaged. I believe cta policy is use the bike racks at your own risk, but they wouldn't be liable anyway. Looks like a case of turning the corner too fast. SUV's are a flipover hazard. I was scanning the net and came across the bus that went into the bank. Found out that was #1925. Alot of cars when there is no traffic drive faster. the bank accident was at 4am. the 79th and damen early morning. Don't get what the rush is for. With Corona there's not much to do anyway.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/04/30/cta-bus-crashes-into-bank-in-the-loop/

26 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Actually it looks like the bus was stopped when it occured but the bikes are damaged. I believe cta policy is use the bike racks at your own risk, but they wouldn't be liable anyway. Looks like a case of turning the corner too fast. SUV's are a flipover hazard. I was scanning the net and came across the bus that went into the bank. Found out that was #1925. Alot of cars when there is no traffic drive faster. the bank accident was at 4am. the 79th and damen early morning. Don't get what the rush is for. With Corona there's not much to do anyway.

i don’t know which number this was

5 hours ago, BusHunter said:

TV news said one of the cars ran the red light  caused the entire crash.

8 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

don’t know which bus # this is but this is happened on 79th and Damen

F0B48D2F-FA73-4D99-ACD5-3F2304B20776.jpeg

Between this and the funeral shooting, I’m glad I stopped taking the 79 to work. I always thought East 79th was bad enough, but these past couple of months proved West 79th is almost equally as bad 

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Between this and the funeral shooting, I’m glad I stopped taking the 79 to work. I always thought East 79th was bad enough, but these past couple of months proved West 79th is almost equally as bad 

It's just getting a bad rap right now. 63rd can be pretty hardcore too. They were over there protesting at the police station the other day and I dont care for the corners where the L stops on east 63rd. Always a crowd there. One of my routes goes down 79th. It doesnt seem too bad. Got to see St Sabina. Best looking church on the south side outside of hyde park. Only problems I ever had over there on uber were at the housing projects around 87th and the east end. Had a guy get in my car holding a baby,  child custody thing. Guess he was taking the child from mama. I had the police stop me from leaving. They asked me who I was. I felt like telling them I was the getaway driver jokingly cause in a way I was but I figured I shouldn't joke around so I said I'm uber. So it was cool. But the guy had to hand the baby over and then he was ranting to me. I tried to pacify the situation but I'm thinking dont mess up my car cause your mad. He got out and I was done with that neighborhood. But I've been back over there since. Just a bad experience. 

13 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I still drive through thwre when I have to go that way I dont let that shit bother me I'm CCW so if somebody fire at me I'm dumping my entire clip with my marine training I'm not missing either 

They have a live video link to the 79th/Damen accident. All I can say is that operator must go to church. the light pole caught the suv and the other car missed the bus. Incredible, but not so incredible for a cta mobile truck that was sitting alongside the bus!!

https://abc7chicago.com/cta-bus-crash-several-injured-mult-vehicle/6334401/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nova's at 103rd said:

Not to sure if this is an accident but was on the 1277 on the #4 heading to 49th and on 48th the driver ran into about 10 tree branches and broke the right mirror. 

Seems like a misjudgment on there part. Were they operating to close to the curb when they struck the tree branches?