CTA Accidents

garmon757

21 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

involved in MVA on fullerton the other morning

Once again another CTA bus into a building!!!  Ive argued this before!  This is happening way too often to be a coincidence! 

3 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Once again another CTA bus into a building!!!  Ive argued this before!  This is happening way too often to be a coincidence! 

??? so you saying operators just out here crashing into buildings for a reason?? I guess them being tired behind the wheel has nothing to do with it or perhaps a medical condition rather known or unknown, perhaps they got cut off by a reckless driver and crashed into the building to avoid hitting people on the street or vehicles in front or close by the bus. Maybe it was a crazy passenger on the bus who attacked the driver or grabbed the wheel trying to cause a accident. But you say otherwise it’s a conspiracy I guess smh. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

Well the cause was due to an aggressive tow truck driver. Once again just like what happened with #1925 and #8023 aggresive drivers have caused accidents in the past several months that catch operators off guard. Fullerton and Laramie isn't an intersection I believe you carry a lot speed to begin when going through it. The operator wasn't charged with causing the accident but was injured along with six others due to the negligence of the tow truck driver.  

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well the cause was due to an aggressive tow truck driver. Once again just like what happened with #1925 and #8023 aggresive drivers have caused accidents in the past several months that catch operators off guard. Fullerton and Laramie isn't an intersection I believe you carry a lot speed to begin when going through it. The operator wasn't charged with causing the accident but was injured along with six others due to the negligence of the tow truck driver.  

I had a collision with my bus once where a vehicle came at me without warning. Yet i managed to keep my bus under control and was able to stop safely without risk of plowing into a building or injuring my passengers. If these bus operators involved in these accidents were speeding and plowing into a building then shame on them! They should know better. Its just too many times we see this!  Its just strange!      

9 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

I had a collision with my bus once where a vehicle came at me without warning. Yet i managed to keep my bus under control and was able to stop safely without risk of plowing into a building or injuring my passengers. If these bus operators involved in these accidents were speeding and plowing into a building then shame on them! They should know better. Its just too many times we see this!  Its just strange!      

Well what if they weren't speeding in this latest case, what is speeding to you? 20 mph and above? I understand where you're coming from but at the same time we just don't know what the operator was doing at the time. I have numerous close calls where I wasn't speeding but I had to use my best judgement to avoid getting hit by a sudden change on the road.

16 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Same time vehicles today are like little soda cans compared to the old days ??

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

21 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

So drivers are intentionally crashing into buildings for... reasons?

Hell I had a a close call myself this morning I was rolling & somebody just darted out in front of me I had hit the hell out of my brakes 

21 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

So drivers are intentionally crashing into buildings for... reasons?

Only that operator would know why! A good, well trained, disciplined bus operator will not use a building to stop their vehicle in the event of  collision. Yet at CTA it happens all to often! 

1 hour ago, CTA5750 said:

Well if they were speeding CTA should know. At my company if you go more than 5 mph over the limit there's a report that auto generates that goes to the district and you'll hear about it. Usually depending on the severity of the accident will decide if they keep you or not. Whose fault it is important also. We had a guy fired that hit another bus and it was his fault. Totaled 2 buses. They were sold for scrap. One old, one newer 2015ish. Another woman got her bus totaled by a semi jack knifing in front of her totaled another bus but she still works with us. Bus is still in the lot. Probably it's a litigation bus, cause the trucker is on the hook for the bus. I've had 3 accidents, all in the same 2 weeks, talk about bad karma, I'm still there. I was joking with one of the trainers and he raised his eyebrows up until he heard that none of them were my fault. Just simple accidents a couple scratches, but one where I was rear ended the guy left part of his car (hit and run) the buses hold up well.

47 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Only that operator would know why! A good, well trained, disciplined bus operator will not use a building to stop their vehicle in the event of  collision. Yet at CTA it happens all to often! 

You sound crazy as hell for that remark that operator wasn’t even charged to begin with and probably a better operator than you were. Just cause you never had a accident does not mean that this operator wasn’t a good, well trained, disciplined bus operator it just mean they reacted to the situation differently than how you think you would have smh. I’m real disappointed to see such comments coming from you especially a former operator who has the same training as we all did at Cta. I’m sure in your time at Cta you made mistakes so you don’t have the right to say such things when you know what you know about operating a bus and dealing with people from all walks of life.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

You sound crazy as hell for that remark that operator wasn’t even charged to begin with and probably a better operator than you were. Just cause you never had a accident does not mean that this operator wasn’t a good, well trained, disciplined bus operator it just mean they reacted to the situation differently than how you think you would have smh. I’m real disappointed to see such comments coming from you especially a former operator who has the same training as we all did at Cta. I’m sure in your time at Cta you made mistakes so you don’t have the right to say such things when you know what you know about operating a bus and dealing with people from all walks of life.

Let's just relax and understand that in this incident everyone came out ok and the operator wasn't charged but the bright side of all of this that accident has started a conversation to license tow truck drivers in the city to help regulate drivers better and weed out the bad ones like this one that was the "cause" of the accident. Every operator is different but we underwent the same training. The operator used there best judgment for a sudden situation that occurred, whether it be stopping suddenly and impacting the tow truck and further injuring yourself and customer's or going into a building. Either way you weren't going to win in that situation. Not to use Nascar as an analogy but if you ever watched a race at Daytona or Talladega and seen the wrecks that occur, most happen suddenly because of one simple mistake that could of been avoided but the end result it takes out half the field of 40 cars. Sometimes you can do all the right things and still get caught up in something that's just how life is sometimes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Let's just relax and understand that in this incident everyone came out ok and the operator wasn't charged but the bright side of all of this that accident has started a conversation to license tow truck drivers in the city to help regulate drivers better and weed out the bad ones like this one that was the "cause" of the accident. Every operator is different but we underwent the same training. The operator used there best judgment for a sudden situation that occurred, whether it be stopping suddenly and impacting the tow truck and further injuring yourself and customer's or going into a building. Either way you weren't going to win in that situation. Not to use Nascar as an analogy but if you ever watched a race at Daytona or Talladega and seen the wrecks that occur, most happen suddenly because of one simple mistake that could of been avoided but the end result it takes out half the field of 40 cars. Sometimes you can do all the right things and still get caught up in something that's just how life is sometimes.

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

2 hours ago, CTA5750 said:

I think it's driver fatigue from runs not getting filled. Someone at 77th in this forum says it's happening a lot and the extra board is probably getting squeezed right now. ??

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Well if they were speeding CTA should know. At my company if you go more than 5 mph over the limit there's a report that auto generates that goes to the district and you'll hear about it. Usually depending on the severity of the accident will decide if they keep you or not. Whose fault it is important also. We had a guy fired that hit another bus and it was his fault. Totaled 2 buses. They were sold for scrap. One old, one newer 2015ish. Another woman got her bus totaled by a semi jack knifing in front of her totaled another bus but she still works with us. Bus is still in the lot. Probably it's a litigation bus, cause the trucker is on the hook for the bus. I've had 3 accidents, all in the same 2 weeks, talk about bad karma, I'm still there. I was joking with one of the trainers and he raised his eyebrows up until he heard that none of them were my fault. Just simple accidents a couple scratches, but one where I was rear ended the guy left part of his car (hit and run) the buses hold up well.

Was that new bus that was totaled 4333 outside of 3 with that dump truck but yea accidents do happen