CTA Accidents

garmon757

4 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

For future reference if I post a video I dont any of you repost it on any site it's the internet & don't come snitching to me about it I out it out there for the world to see so I don't care if any of you real people repost it you snitches just block me now no respect for rats 

Never had any hate towards you , I got too much respect for you to let it fade like dis . I just don’t want my stuff reposted without permission .

5 minutes ago, iamlocoooo said:

Never had any hate towards you , I got too much respect for you to let it fade like dis . I just don’t want my stuff reposted without permission .

Thats understandable dawg I'm not even targeting you it's just the homie who snitched who made some deep when it didn't even have to be like that was uncalled foe for him to do all that is my issue

1 hour ago, iamlocoooo said:

My video , my rules . Don’t repost my stuff .

Simple as that .

Like I said earlier your video wasn't reposted, it was QUOTED ALONG WITH YOUR COMMENT.  Anyone who quotes your comment with your video will gave the video you posted in tour post included.  If you don't want to see your video in someone's post. Don't post ANY VIDEOS on this forum.   Rhat solves thest issue.

• Upvote 4

On 5/17/2023 at 6:31 PM, iamlocoooo said:

An accident was avoided today after the operator of 1169 forgot to engage the parking brake after getting off . The bus turned off after idling & lost all power including power to the station brake , so it started rolling .

IMG_8265.mov

I react 1169 driving backwards

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Ghoul said:

The Heavy Damage to the Front of the bus says it all 

IMG_4403.jpeg

Aside from the surplus of artics, hard to tell. Usually a bus beats a car, and here CNN said the SUV caught fire. The question becomes whether this is fire damage, or the right pillar got crushed, which historically has landed buses in the boneyard.

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

Aside from the surplus of artics, hard to tell. Usually a bus beats a car, and here CNN said the SUV caught fire. The question becomes whether this is fire damage, or the right pillar got crushed, which historically has landed buses in the boneyard.

As long as the frame isn't totaled this bus can return barring the litigation process but if not it will become a parts bus for sure. 

388222325_43162.png

1831605326_43161.png

4316.png

On 7/9/2023 at 4:49 PM, Busjack said:

You right cause 1307 was hit like this a while back & it back back to the streets 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Ghoul said:

8028 had some minor damage to the bike rack and Windshield last night at the Western Orange Line vs a gray suv hitting straight on 

IMG_3157.jpeg

Ouch. That brings into question why the SUV was even in the terminal, and heading in the wrong direction at that, when that part of the terminal is supposed to be bus only, given the parking for that station is located to the outside of the bus driveways. 

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

#1363 is OOS due to earlier crash at the pulaski orange line. Witness stated operator lost control of the bus when it was turning and crashed into the pole 

IMG_5753.jpeg

This just showed up on my phone's news feed from WGN News. WGN didn't show this angle that gives us a better view of the extent of the damage. But yes this damage does toss it in the air on whether this bus comes back. With 77th having gotten a small number of 8350s so far, that part does bring the question of whether they'll want to bother with repairs rather than just let newer buses coming in replace it.

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

#1363 is OOS due to earlier crash at the pulaski orange line. Witness stated operator lost control of the bus when it was turning and crashed into the pole 

IMG_5753.jpeg

The damage doesn’t look too minor, it should return soon it’ll sit out for a little bit perhaps. Since 77th is favoring to get the newly #8550s I doubt it comes back.

48 minutes ago, jajuan said:

This just showed up on my phone's news feed from WGN News.

Just was on ABC7. It has the usual crinkled windshield, but the question will be how crushed the dash panel is.

ABC didn't have it up on its website yet, but here is the WGN video (which doesn't show the front of the bus).

I'll pass on the diction commonly used in the reports.