2014 CTA Holiday Bus

Kevin

Quoted from Busjack: "Bustracker would be worthless during 1-4 AM"

Yes, but you are not hearing me, the #N62 travels Halsted and Cicero. Would Bustracker be intelligent enough to understand it's #62 route deviations? Between 1-4 AM doesn't matter because all buses are the same and travel that route and Bustracker will deviate the route off Archer as needed but when all buses are on Archer it might be that it doesn't understand it.

But it appeared on the #J14 2 days ago. (proof above)

Maybe sometimes it runs in manual mode and others not.

As far as route variations, BusTracker has the pull down on the Route Progress ruler for all of them running at the same time (including apparently 2 Kedzie school routes using 4000s).

post-14-0-04682300-1417813832_thumb.jpg

The only thing I thought ambiguous in your prior post is that the Route Control has 62, not N62.

Update: The Holiday Bus Schedule said it was going to Midway Terminal, so I guess if someone was standing at Neva, too bad. Maybe it will be back on BusTracker tomorrow, since it will be on a normal 3 King Dr. route.

Maybe sometimes it runs in manual mode and others not.

As far as route variations, BusTracker has the pull down on the Route Progress ruler for all of them running at the same time (including apparently 2 Kedzie school routes using 4000s).

attachicon.gifarcher.jpg

The only thing I thought ambiguous in your prior post is that the Route Control has 62, not N62.

Update: The Holiday Bus Schedule said it was going to Midway Terminal, so I guess if someone was standing at Neva, too bad. Maybe it will be back on BusTracker tomorrow, since it will be on a normal 3 King Dr. route.

Quoted from Busjack: "Bustracker would be worthless during 1-4 AM"

Yes, but you are not hearing me, the #N62 travels Halsted and Cicero. Would Bustracker be intelligent enough to understand it's #62 route deviations? Between 1-4 AM doesn't matter because all buses are the same and travel that route and Bustracker will deviate the route off Archer as needed but when all buses are on Archer it might be that it doesn't understand it.

Does anyone know how long it was signed as N62? I remember seeing it turn onto State NB with the normal "62 Archer *flip* 62 to Kinzie/State" signage so maybe it was just on the SB trips that it did that. Now that I think about it, it want too long ago that I've seen a few daytime 87th street runs ending at the Red Line displaying the N87 87th sign and that was as recent as a week or two ago so maybe its a glitch that affects daytime short turns that end at a terminal normally used by Owl service? I don't know if 62 has any daytime runs ending at Midway though

Hopefully it won't be running Roosevelt too soon. There have been protests going on with protestors traveling en mass down the street. Yesterday they had 4 helicopters over the protest. Here I was watching from Roosevelt/Green line thinking this looks like OJ!!

The Holiday Bus will be on the 3 next, but still the protestors will protest for God knows how long.

Does anyone know how long it was signed as N62? I remember seeing it turn onto State NB with the normal "62 Archer *flip* 62 to Kinzie/State" signage so maybe it was just on the SB trips that it did that. Now that I think about it, it want too long ago that I've seen a few daytime 87th street runs ending at the Red Line displaying the N87 87th sign and that was as recent as a week or two ago so maybe its a glitch that affects daytime short turns that end at a terminal normally used by Owl service? I don't know if 62 has any daytime runs ending at Midway though

My guess is they would've had have run the N62 sign. The 62 has no daytime trips that end at Midway most of them end at Harlem & I wonder if they still have trips ending at Cicero.

N62 made a rush hour appearance today along the Holiday Bus.

Photo Courtesy of Juniorz

Then, theoretically, BusTracker would be worthless between 1-4 a.m. Anyone want to stay up and check?

Maybe the question is whether the displayed run number was in the system, apparently compared to it on J14 being a normal run. At least the run number was not HOHO, as predicted.

Actually, BusTracker has shown N62 trips as "62 to Harlem" even though the bus is actually going to Midway. Don't know if that's still true now. And I'm sure the folks who now own the Hostess brand would be glad the run number hasn't been "HOHO". But this does prove that the bus will be passed around to garages that the routes that see the bus are assigned or at the least driven by operators assigned to those respective garages since the J14 turn showed run #1999 and the turn on the 62 showed run #6981.

Hopefully it won't be running Roosevelt too soon. There have been protests going on with protestors traveling en mass down the street. Yesterday they had 4 helicopters over the protest. Here I was watching from Roosevelt/Green line thinking this looks like OJ!!

Eh not so sure about this particular joke since blocking traffic in peaceful protest isn't on the same scale as being suspected and charged with murder. :rolleyes:

Actually, BusTracker has shown N62 trips as "62 to Harlem" even though the bus is actually going to Midway. Don't know if that's still true now. And I'm sure the folks who now own the Hostess brand would be glad the run number hasn't been "HOHO". But this does prove that the bus will be passed around to garages that the routes that see the bus are assigned or at the least driven by operators assigned to those respective garages since the J14 turn showed run #1999 and the turn on the 62 showed run #6981.

Eh not so sure about this particular joke since blocking traffic in peaceful protest isn't on the same scale as being suspected and charged with murder. :rolleyes:

Tell that to the riders of the #12, they had 3 buses stacked up and they couldn't go anywhere cause there was no westbound Roosevelt from State west. It was like bike the drive only it was walk down Roosevelt day!! Heard they blocked the Dan Ryan for a short period. They weren't detouring buses to my surprise. Looked like it might be a long night for drivers on the #12 and #18.

To my surprise, my ventra ride on Archer yesterday shows as a #62. I was looking at it because Ventra ripped me off again this time charging me $2.25 when i was on a pass. :angry: sighs.... :rolleyes: I thought that ride at Division/Milwaukee Blue line was strange. The turnstile said go and when I went the turnstile said "No" !!! :rolleyes: Good thing I'm kind of tall or my mid section would have been saying oh!!

• Upvote 2

Tell that to the riders of the #12, they had 3 buses stacked up and they couldn't go anywhere cause there was no westbound Roosevelt from State west. It was like bike the drive only it was walk down Roosevelt day!! Heard they blocked the Dan Ryan for a short period. They weren't detouring buses to my surprise. Looked like it might be a long night for drivers on the #12 and #18.

To my surprise, my ventra ride on Archer yesterday shows as a #62. I was looking at it because Ventra ripped me off again this time charging me $2.25 when i was on a pass. :angry: sighs.... :rolleyes: I thought that ride at Division/Milwaukee Blue line was strange. The turnstile said go and when I went the turnstile said "No" !!! :rolleyes: Good thing I'm kind of tall or my mid section would have been saying oh!!

My point is you used a bad example for your point about the dire traffic effects especially when laid against what those people were protesting about. They were protesting to show frustration of their belief (whether one may agree or not) that someone was allowed to get away with murder because of his position as a police officer (I think we already know the race aspect involved with the case in question) and comparing them to an actual former murder suspect and current convicted felon on armed robbery, kidnapping, criminal conspiracy and use of a deadly weapon charges. And you really don't see how inflammatory and/or hyperbolic that is when the worse these folks can be said to have done Thursday evening is make downtown and North Lake Shore Drive traffic a mess? :rolleyes:

I think the lights and functioning decorations(like the fake fireplace) might interfere with the BusTracker on the Holiday Bus, hence why it shows up and becomes a "Ghost Bus" periodically. This is it's inaugural year, so there will be kinks to work out for next season(if they decide to repeat it again). This issue will be one no doubt.

I think the lights and functioning decorations(like the fake fireplace) might interfere with the BusTracker on the Holiday Bus, hence why it shows up and becomes a "Ghost Bus" periodically. This is it's inaugural year, so there will be kinks to work out for next season(if they decide to repeat it again). This issue will be one no doubt.

I noticed the #62 Bustracker now shows all branches of the #N62 route, even Midway and I don't think it was like that before.

I think the lights and functioning decorations(like the fake fireplace) might interfere with the BusTracker on the Holiday Bus, hence why it shows up and becomes a "Ghost Bus" periodically. ....

It should be the Halloween bus, but seems 2 months late. Maybe BusTracker should report that. :D

• Upvote 1

My first reaction is that they put that tracker in a real conspicuous place, sure...

Well, also outside of word of mouth, you actually have to dig and search CTA's website to find the Holiday Bus page or dig through the press release page to find more information . Outside of those honorable mentions, the CTA hasn't really done any advertising or public awareness for the Holiday Bus

• Upvote 2

Got a nice tour of the Holiday bus yesterday at Kedzie Garage. It was interesting the interior as well as the exterior decorations Some pretty cool thing such as a snow machine which expels snow from the rear of the bus. Of course the Rudolph red lighted nose on the front. What i though was really cool was the miniature model train mounted on the right front wheel well as soon as you enter the bus. The farebox is decorated nicely. Very nice work by CTA staff!

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what I had an opportunity to ride yesterday morning on the #22 totally by chance before its scheduled runs on the #56:

post-71-0-89367100-1419013891_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-68318600-1419013930_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-87917000-1419013962_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-12008200-1419013965_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-76893200-1419014043_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-69473700-1419014097_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-60072700-1419014154_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-60072700-1419014154_thumb.jpgpost-71-0-99181900-1419014196_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Notice that the decorations inside are very much still intact for those who were so hung up on holding to the thought that they might be damaged.

• Upvote 3

The hell it's doing all the way out in Rosemont for???

I would bet there was a maintenance issue at the terminal (which is CTA property) or a train. Maybe they'll hitch Rudolph to 3062.

I assume that the "workshop" was doing actual work.