Current Hiring Process

transiteer23

5 hours ago, Miguel said:

Thank you all for your advices I'll keep them in mind, I really appreciate them

No problem bro but yea gotta be easy I know they got a rule book & all but just like anything else when you actually get out there common sense outweighs that rule book at the end of the day you gotta make it back home to your family the way you left which tbh they may start you off out at 7 that where they start alot of rookies off at 

23 hours ago, andrethebusman99 said:

Always remember, there is no excuse for running ahead of schedule, but a million good reasons for running late. Late is the supervisor's problem, not yours. Just don't hit nothing and you'll be fine.

That's what I do I'm always late like when I do the 54 I know between 24th & the blue line I may only stop twice I'll become ahead of schedule so I always leave 3-5 mins late 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

That's what I do I'm always late like when I do the 24 I know between 24th & the blue line I may only stop twice I'll become ahead of schedule so I always leave 3-5 mins late 

Seems like Wentworth drivers didn't get that much padding cause they used to FLOAT them buses back when I rode that route but that was SB lmao

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Seems like Wentworth drivers didn't get that much padding cause they used to FLOAT them buses back when I rode that route but that was SB lmao

I think he made a typo.   I think he meant to type 54 as in 54 Cicero between 24th and the Blue Line    instead of 24 between 24th ( in Chinatown) and the Blue Line at Dearborn and Jackson  .  I think he works at C and not 7 ( which is @YoungBusLoverhome garage).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Yea soem driver don't car they will go so far then then they get close to the area they know the supervisor is at they will pull over & sit I use to do that when I was at K on the 12 or 18 I would pull over & just sit for a few mins somewhere where I know I could go get some food while waiting

9 minutes ago, Miguel said:

Hello it's me again lol anyone know what the second visit to the clinic is? I just had my 1st visit on thursay i peed on a cup they took my vitals made me do some exercises and gave me a D.O.T. card

Considering that they gave you a medical card after your first visit,  the most logical reason for the second visit seems to be a random drug test.  Either that or something was inconclusive in your initial test and they retested you .  Perhaps the first sample was tainted ( not necessarily by you ) . 

Rereading your post  the one glaring thing missing from the first visit was a vision test. Did you forget to mention it or did they just not do it?  The latter also could be a cause for a return visit    

5 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Considering that they gave you a medical card after your first visit,  the most logical reason for the second visit seems to be a random drug test.  Either that or something was inconclusive in your initial test and they retested you .  Perhaps the first sample was tainted ( not necessarily by you ) . 

Rereading your post  the one glaring thing missing from the first visit was a vision test. Did you forget to mention it or did they just not do it?  The latter also could be a cause for a return visit    

They did a vision , ear , extremities and hernia testing they also checked my throat weight and blood pressure 

6 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

The first visit or the second?  What exactly did they do on the second visit that wasn't done on the first visit,?

During the 1st visit they took my blood pressure, checked my vision ears throat neck extremities measure my neck they made do some squats checked for hernia and made me pee on a cup and they gave me a dot card and i have to go to a second visit to a different clinic this week so i was wondering what for

• 2 weeks later...

So i had my drug test 2 weeks ago and Physical examination last Thursday they said they were gonna contact me within a week after they received the results ,  but nothing do they take longer than a week to contact you back after the 2 medical exams?

Hey everyone, I applied to an internship just recently at CTA, and was wondering if anyone could offer insight on how long they usually take to respond or what to expect. I've done some previous internships at different places and they can be all over the place.

Thanks

20 hours ago, 18thalek said:

Hey everyone, I applied to an internship just recently at CTA, and was wondering if anyone could offer insight on how long they usually take to respond or what to expect. I've done some previous internships at different places and they can be all over the place.

Thanks

Well depending on what department you'll be in the process shouldn't take no more than 3 - 6 weeks.