Current Hiring Process

transiteer23

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, chiio said:

Hi! Just your Driver Abstract from the secretary of state and your license and state ID I believe.

I passed the test and will have an interview soon. Can you provide any tips or hints on interview questions, please ? Any feedback is appreciated and this goes for anyone. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
25 minutes ago, Chriss said:

Hi I got an email from cta for bus operator saying the first step is to meet them in person is there anyyyyboddyy that can tell me what to expect?

Hi! I think you have to drive to the bus garage to meet them in person. I am not planning on working for CTA, but that is just what I think you should do to meet them.

3 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Assuming that @Chriss already filled out the online application, why should it “sound ridiculous” to be emailed about an in-person interview?

I read that completely wrong ??? I thought it said to meet a cta bus operator in person for a interview smh ??? wow my apologies.

13 hours ago, Chriss said:

Hi I got an email from cta for bus operator saying the first step is to meet them in person is there anyyyyboddyy that can tell me what to expect?

I received an email as well for part time bus operating. If you follow the instructions of the email you'll know when to schedule you're interview and where it will be taking place.The Interview takes place at CTA HQ's on 567 W Lake St. As long as you scheduled a date for your interview everything else should be self-explanatory. 

• 3 years later...

Hi all. Just wondering about the current hiring process. I applied in May, took a test in June, had a recorded video interview just answering questions online without speaking to anyone in July, received an offer in an email pending some more steps, got my permit, and recently I've been invited to a prehire event downtown. There I was told I'll be taking a picture and signing some tax-related documents. Does this mean I basically have the job? Or is the prehire event also an in person interview? I'm not sure whether to wear a suit or prep for anything. Are there any other steps after this? I'm eager to start training and working already. Any info would be greatly appreciated! 

1 hour ago, dzawa said:

Hi all. Just wondering about the current hiring process. I applied in May, took a test in June, had a recorded video interview just answering questions online without speaking to anyone in July, received an offer in an email pending some more steps, got my permit, and recently I've been invited to a prehire event downtown. There I was told I'll be taking a picture and signing some tax-related documents. Does this mean I basically have the job? Or is the prehire event also an in person interview? I'm not sure whether to wear a suit or prep for anything. Are there any other steps after this? I'm eager to start training and working already. Any info would be greatly appreciated! 

My guess is that they are about ready to hire you.  A CTA employee can better fill you in, but besides filling out tax forms, i suspect that you might have to take a D.O.T physical which would include a vision test and a drug test.  

2 hours ago, dzawa said:

To be honest with you dawg cta drag their ass on hiring I was about to tell them to F off cause they was taking to long to do anything when I got hired on I was bout ready to go join the gang at CPD when CTA finally wanted to pick their feet up that was back in 2018 when this was going on 

3 hours ago, dzawa said:

@YoungBusLoverwould have the right answers your looking for!

On 8/19/2023 at 7:10 PM, dzawa said:

Once you get done with paperwork the next step in the process would be your official hiring date which they should let you know about in the next few weeks or so. Along with that of course comes after your mandatory drug testing they'll have you do. I still believe they'll test you twice but not entirely sure. I got hired during the late summer of 2019 so I know a lot has changed since the pandemic. I'm sure you have your seniority number already that's usually a sign you got the job but if not  then the next thing would be your badge number that comes along then that. I remember arriving at 567 (CTA Headquarters) at 4 in the morning to get in line for my seniority and that paid off being the 9th person out of 28 operators to get that good of seniority in my class. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Once you get done with paperwork the next step in the process would be your official hiring date which they should let you know about in the few weeks or so. Along with that of course comes after your mandatory drug testing they'll have you do. I still believe they'll test you twice but not entirely sure. I got hired during the late summer of 2019 so I know a lot has changed since the pandemic. I'm sure you have your seniority number already that's usually a sign you got the job but if not  then the next thing would be your badge number that comes along then that. I remember getting the 567 at 4 in the morning to get in line for my seniority and that paid off being the 9th person out of 28 operators to get that good of seniority in my class. 

Thanks! What's this seniority/getting in line thing for? Does it mean you got to start before the other people in your class or had more pull for routes? Also, was that for the prehire event when you did the paperwork or some other thing they make you come in after that? I haven't heard anything about a seniority number, but I appreciate the heads up so I can go in early. 

2 hours ago, dzawa said:

Thanks! What's this seniority/getting in line thing for? Does it mean you got to start before the other people in your class or had more pull for routes? Also, was that for the prehire event when you did the paperwork or some other thing they make you come in after that? I haven't heard anything about a seniority number, but I appreciate the heads up so I can go in early. 

Basically seniority is king around CTA and what was told to all employees working out in the field is to show up bright and early to get your seniority number before finishing up your paperwork and being given a badge number after that. To answer your 2nd question depending on the position you applied for whether it is CA, Flagger, SPTO or FTO just to name a few. Your seniority number is pretty much your golden ticket at first glance for you to see where you'd like to go in the system if the opportunity presents itself to do so. For me since I was the 9th person in my class to show up early I was also the 9th person able to pick what garage I wanted to go to if in fact it was available. My options at the time were FG, NP, and 77th. I wanted 77th due to being in close proximity of it but my overall choice was 74th even though it wasn't an option. All in all I selected 77th and have been there ever since. Now for CA, Flagger and other positions the process may still be the same in some aspects but all in all once you're in your respective field so to speak you start at the bottom and let your seniority and hard work bolt you towards the middle to semi top of the pack if you're willing to stay 15 - 20 years.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...