1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Yeah I forgot how crappy those longitudinal artics were. I saw them there #4203 and #4187 and 1 more and I was like they really are going to run these here? :P:lol: Kind of humorous watching the standing customers with luggage wonder where they are going to hold on especially around the artic joint. But that's all 77th has now, (they probably should have split those up between Chicago and 77th) but I would've ran all #4300's out of Kedzie I mean it's just 10 buses just hold in the #4300's for the shuttle. It's kind of interesting/humorous when you think about some of these transfers. Remember when they gave Kedzie #4207 and #4206 and suddenly they went back to NP. Kedzie must have been like wth is with this transfer. :huh: I used to think 77th had some power, with the nova's going elsewhere, but maybe it's really Kedzie and maybe 103rd. Those garages have had the newer buses all along!! B)

I can't say it any better! LOL :D

Yeah I forgot how crappy those longitudinal artics were. I saw them there #4203 and #4187 and 1 more and I was like they really are going to run these here? :P:lol: Kind of humorous watching the standing customers with luggage wonder where they are going to hold on especially around the artic joint. But that's all 77th has now, (they probably should have split those up between Chicago and 77th) but I would've ran all #4300's out of Kedzie I mean it's just 10 buses just hold in the #4300's for the shuttle. It's kind of interesting/humorous when you think about some of these transfers. Remember when they gave Kedzie #4207 and #4206 and suddenly they went back to NP. Kedzie must have been like wth is with this transfer. :huh: I used to think 77th had some power, with the nova's going elsewhere, but maybe it's really Kedzie and maybe 103rd. Those garages have had the newer buses all along!! B)

And to top it off, 77th now has poked huge holes in your theory that CTA would only use 4300 series artics as shuttles. Then again that wasn't exactly entirely true during the Dan Ryan rail overhaul. Some 4000s did find their way as R route shuttles last year. ;)B)

And to top it off, 77th now has poked huge holes in your theory that CTA would only use 4300 series artics as shuttles. Then again that wasn't exactly entirely true during the Dan Ryan rail overhaul. Some 4000s did find their way as R route shuttles last year. ;)B)

I just don't get why 77th was doing shuttles with those buses, when Kedzie is down the street. As far as the Kedzie buses that were there they were all #4300's when #4300's are lucky if they are 15 percent of Kedzie garage. So maybe my theory stands up. 77th obviously couldn't send #4300's there because it doesn't have any. :P

I just don't get why 77th was doing shuttles with those buses, when Kedzie is down the street. As far as the Kedzie buses that were there they were all #4300's when #4300's are lucky if they are 15 percent of Kedzie garage. So maybe my theory stands up. 77th obviously couldn't send #4300's there because it doesn't have any. :P

Hmmm I'm not so sure when NP's artic routes still see a lot of 4300s in place compared against 4000s usage even on the weekends even after taking into account more artics at NP would be available for use with 135, 136 and 148 having no service. :P

Ok guys I got video of #1439. I'll upload it tonight probably on youtube and I'll make some stills. the footage looks pretty good on the phone I hope it don't look all shaky on youtube.

Ok here's some shots of the seats on #1439 from all angles.

post-304-0-52688300-1400558270_thumb.png

post-304-0-95353800-1400558393_thumb.png

post-304-0-22487000-1400558357_thumb.png

post-304-0-61874300-1400558329_thumb.png

post-304-0-71976200-1400558299_thumb.png

post-304-0-13426200-1400558423_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

What's the type of seats? Doesn't look light Insight, but looks sort of what I saw on a 1600 a couple of years ago.

#1111's mechanically rehabbed on the #8. Someone said #1050 was rehabbed. Well it's not.

Actually I said it looked like it but wasn't quite sure since at the time I only saw it in passing at the time and couldn't get a long enough look to do a more thorough visual check.

It's a possibility that 1799 is rehabbed. It does have the blue kneeling stickers but I couldn't determine it because it's idle outside the South Shop. Also, 1020 and 1180 might be in the rehab process because of the numbers and kneeling decals are stripped.

I'm looking into whether #1608 is rehabbed or not. #1627 just popped up yesterday on bustracker, i bet it's rehabbed. #1579 had a fresher paint job so maybe it has the full rehab treatment now and #1325 has the updated no turn plate on the rear so I don't remember if that was part of it's mechanical rehab or not. I do remember the bus was pretty bland/ordinary. So that's a few buses I'll be watching for this week.