1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

10 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

What source or database do you have access to for these updates that you give? 

7 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

they all keep saying 1551 is a replacement but 6472 is chilling at FG while 1447 crashed into a KFC a while back

This was directed to @andrethebusman, who posted stuff that some drivers disputed.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Busjack said:

This was directed to @andrethebusman, who posted stuff that some drivers disputed.

You're correct. I'm just curious though because for 13 buses to be off the roster earlier month and over 75% of that list being active just makes me wonder what is actually accurate and up to date on the end of that database. My only guess is could those buses be up for future retirement based on title/insurance or something else along the lines of maintenance? 

On 10/25/2022 at 8:24 PM, YoungBusLover said:

What source or database do you have access to for these updates that you give? 

CTA official roster via FOIA dated 10/3/22. Now one comment: years ago I would get these lists from Property and noticed they were good for THAT DAY only. Bus at SS that day, not on list that day, reappears a few days later list. Apparently list based on location codes, and South Shops coded buses are not shown as they are "not in service". Kind of odd, but this is how CTA (and Pace?) does it.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

CTA official roster via FOIA dated 10/3/22. Now one comment: years ago I would get these lists from Property and noticed they were good for THAT DAY only. Bus at SS that day, not on list that day, reappears a few days later list. Apparently list based on location codes, and South Shops coded buses are not shown as they are "not in service". Kind of odd, but this is how CTA (and Pace?) does it.

I appreciate the information, I'll definitely start looking into the FOIA and compare what I see versus what is actually on the rosters. 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I appreciate the information, I'll definitely start looking into the FOIA and compare what I see versus what is actually on the rosters. 

FOIA is a legal method for getting documents from government agencies. If you have access to the roster computer, that"s a more current source.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Busjack said:

FOIA is a legal method for getting documents from government agencies. If you have access to the roster computer, that"s a more current source.

Gotcha, I wish I did have access to the roster computer but this will have to do for now at least. The general " eye " test along with FOIA. ?

12 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

CTA is very good about FOIA, as is Pace. I have run into other agencies around the country that are not, like Johnstown PA that claimed fleet numbers are "secure information". Somebody should tell them that anybody who is not blind can see them...

Do you think they’ll give out badge and/or run numbers if I do a FOIA? ??

1 hour ago, TGranzow29 said:

Do you think they’ll give out badge and/or run numbers if I do a FOIA? ??

You have to specify what you want, which would be active fleet numbers, and that's all what you get. That wouldn't include badge numbers, and the law otherwise precludes giving out personally identifiable information.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Considering that it was the first 1000 rehabbed, I'm surprised that it is still around.

This bus is also special considering it used to have LED headlights along with #909, it’ll fit the #1000’s better versus the warm white halogen lumens in the headlights they still have when they were originally delivered with.

8EB5C3E3-79BA-468E-B942-A4316344BC17.jpeg