1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Notable buses that may be rehabbed (all were inside the shop):

#1065 #1937 #1232 (a possibility of new lighting) #1017 #1575 (needs new kneeling decals) #1760 (has updated no right turn decal) #1700 (was getting rehabbed and the New Flyer logo on the back was scrapped with a scraper) #1136 (was getting rehabbed) #1796 (was getting rehabbed) and #1688 (was getting rehabbed)

Also, #1936 should be rehabbed after being released from the shop if anyone wants to check that out.

1936 is rehabbed and red "dot" replaced with a white.

1937 has old lighting.

• Upvote 1

Someone needs to check NP rehabs. I was on #1306 NB on Damen this afternoon, and it didn't appear to be rehabbed fully except for that cutaway mark in the wheelwell and the Clever Devices unit. The lighting appeared to be fluorescent, not LED and was in a sad shape(the strip over the single left seat was missing screws and dangling partially loose). The engine, to me, didn't seem rehabbed either. I've been on some rehabbed engine New Flyers and the brakes don't make that noise when they are released from a stop(best I can describe it like a horn) and the engine didn't have that distinct growl the rehabs did.

Someone needs to check NP rehabs. I was on #1306 NB on Damen this afternoon, and it didn't appear to be rehabbed fully except for that cutaway mark in the wheelwell and the Clever Devices unit. The lighting appeared to be fluorescent, not LED and was in a sad shape(the strip over the single left seat was missing screws and dangling partially loose). The engine, to me, didn't seem rehabbed either. I've been on some rehabbed engine New Flyers and the brakes don't make that noise when they are released from a stop(best I can describe it like a horn) and the engine didn't have that distinct growl the rehabs did.

The last time I saw 1306 it had updated lighting. I don't know what's going on with supplies but 74th's 1579 also got the old lighting placed back in it when I personally rode it back in November (the first month of the rehabs) after its rehab and several times since and it had newer LED lighting.

1936 is rehabbed and red "dot" replaced with a white.

1937 has old lighting.

Forgot to mention on the right side of #1936, there is not one, but two complete light bars that are not working over the rear door. This bus still has defects after all this time at south shops!! Ain't that something!! Hmm.. I wonder if white dots means lights.

#1538 is on the #29 today.

Has anybody noticed small orange reflectors on the front of the NF's? I've spotted some (one on the right and left side by the headlights but fully visible when the bike rack is down) on #1432.

Do they look similar to the red reflectors on the back? Yes I've noticed on the front, but unlike on the back where there are four, one each just below the tail lights and one each on the sides, I've only seen them on the sides right at the front of the bus behind the headlights. Not sure if these are what you're speaking about.