1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Rehabbed: #1004 #1340 (#1782 #1977OOS)

Special rehabbed or updated via maintenance: #1751 (repaired from an accident)

Getting rehabbed inside the shop: #1017 along with 9 others

Awaiting for rehab: #1683 #1836 #1951

Questionable for rehab preparation or out of service: #1003 #1183 #1344* #1960*

*Might face possible rehab

Other Notes: #1468 is about less than a month away from entering back in service for the first time in over a half decade. It indeed has the yellow dot indicating that the rest of the rehab will be finished inside the shop. Isn't she pretty?!?!?! :D:lol:

Any idea which garage 1468 might go to? With all the recent bus swaps thats happened that bus could end up anywhere.

OK now I'm trippin'!! #1000 is totally not rehabbed and it's currently dead over here at 3501 n kimball with a bo suspension. In fact the rear wheel is riding on the frame just like a low rider. No wonder it hasn't been out for days but what the hell 5750's video shows #1000 rehabbed at kedzie. This bus I saw has red kneeling decals and whole pre rehab specs.

OK now I'm trippin'!! #1000 is totally not rehabbed and it's currently dead over here at 3501 n kimball with a bo suspension. In fact the rear wheel is riding on the frame just like a low rider. No wonder it hasn't been out for days but what the hell 5750's video shows #1000 rehabbed at kedzie. This bus I saw has red kneeling decals and whole pre rehab specs.

Two 1000s, again? :rolleyes::D

It wasn't me!!! :lol::P:ph34r:

Well at least I know the bus has really good brakes now. :P The driver stopped really fast in the middle of Damen/Division and some people got out and looked at the front of the bus. I thought she hit someone at first. But the guys bike just fell off. Not even scratched. :huh: Some passenger was holding her back cause it was a really fast stop. I thought maybe she was going to call Glen Lerner. :P but it wasn't bad enough and she walked away. The operator said she was sorry. Everyone just went forward, no one fell. It would be interesting to look at on the hard drive/camera. I'm glad I was sitting. I hardly felt anything.

Well #1071 is rehabbed, I couldn't get a picture, there were like 20 guys in front of the shot at the Brown line but I did take a picture of #1000 that had just went out of service. I'll upload it in a minute.

Here's #1000 shortly after it went out of service. I swear I haven't even heard that this bus has been in service in months.

post-304-0-14139200-1425701238_thumb.png

So the operator calls the bus in. They tell him to turn the bus off and restart it for a suspension problem. He did this twice. I was like if this solves the problem I'm really going to have start going to church. :lol::P

Here's #1000 shortly after it went out of service. I swear I haven't even heard that this bus has been in service in months.

attachicon.gifcta 1000 dead in the water.PNG

So the operator calls the bus in. They tell him to turn the bus off and restart it for a suspension problem. He did this twice. I was like if this solves the problem I'm really going to have start going to church. :lol::P

Must have thought it was a computer problem, instead of that he blew out something in the compressed air system.

You are sure giving Glen his money's worth. :P

Five years is a heck of a long time to have had this bus out of service for just a rear end bump from a car when 1148 was back in service in a few months after smacking into a viaduct girder on Western. But of course, there could have been litigation in place that would explain the long absence.

It would be foolish to not have it back at Chicago.

Well not necessarily when Kedzie now has a number of 1400s that used to be assigned to Chicago after the recent swapocalypse. It very easily could be put at Kedzie all things considered.

Wasn't 1468 the one that looked on Google Satellite like it had one end sliced off?

I believe you're referring to #1482. That bus is, IMO, very doubtful to re-enter service as the rehabs are rebuilding everything but the frames, and the damage on this bus includes the frame no doubt.

I believe you're referring to #1482. That bus is, IMO, very doubtful to re-enter service as the rehabs are rebuilding everything but the frames, and the damage on this bus includes the frame no doubt.

Given that 1148 and artic NF 4327 had some wicked damage recently that they both returned to service from, it's possible to bring back 1482. 1148 is proof you shouldn't take Emanuel's everything but the frames statement too literally on the frame side of that equation.

Given that 1148 and artic NF 4327 had some wicked damage recently that they both returned to service from, it's possible to bring back 1482. 1148 is proof you shouldn't take Emanuel's everything but the frames statement too literally on the frame side of that equation.

I thought that the issue, especially with 4323 and maybe the others, was not the scope of the rehab, but whether the high strength or stainless steel in the frames could be reformed. It seemed more complicated than just chopping off the front of one Old Look and sticking on another, but then I'm not a structural or automotive engineer.

Some of the preceding comments seem to be based on an underlying misconception that all South Shops does is rehabs.