4G LTE Wireless Service Underground - Red & Blue Line

garmon757

I am proud to inform everybody that 4G LTE service on all three Blue Line subways is complete. Here's my result from Ookla Speedtest.

2015-11-12 10.10.38.png

Well, on the other end of the underground "L" service(Red Line), I beg to differ. The time last year where I had to use the Red Line at North/Clybourn to get home, I decided to pull out my phone to check for the next train and internet was not functional in the subway(I am also a T-Mobile customer there was no 4G or 4G LTE internet symbol, it might've had no service or just running on E(2G) ). I thought that service was supposed to be usable in the subway portions of both the Blue and Red Lines or is CTA lagging in getting the cables installed for service?

You can see the transmitters being installed at Jackson and Lake. They look like they just need to be hooked up; the conduit and antennas are already there.

I am proud to inform everybody that 4G LTE service on all three Blue Line subways is complete. Here's my result from Ookla Speedtest.

2015-11-12 10.10.38.png

Three? Dearborn, Kimball, which else? O.o

Well, on the other end of the underground "L" service(Red Line), I beg to differ. The time last year where I had to use the Red Line at North/Clybourn to get home, I decided to pull out my phone to check for the next train and internet was not functional in the subway(I am also a T-Mobile customer there was no 4G or 4G LTE internet symbol, it might've had no service or just running on E(2G) ). I thought that service was supposed to be usable in the subway portions of both the Blue and Red Lines or is CTA lagging in getting the cables installed for service?

I think they didn't reach a deal with T-Mobile throughout the years. AT&T and Sprint have bigger advantages than any other carrier before Chicago was dropped by US Cellular (first carrier to have signal underground in 2006). Hell, it's a miracle to have 2G service with T-Mobile underground! xD

LTE is starting to go online in the Red Line. It was working near North/Clybourn this morning.

IMG_0686.jpg

Ooh, exciting! I took the Purple Line this morning so I didn't notice. I always lose signal just North of Lake and don't get it back until reaching the top of the incline near Armitage so I'm glad they're already starting to activate the service.

Ooh, exciting! I took the Purple Line this morning so I didn't notice. I always lose signal just North of Lake and don't get it back until reaching the top of the incline near Armitage so I'm glad they're already starting to activate the service.

I wonder if maybe they were losing a few riders to the elevated brown/purple lines because the internet signals would not be cut off. They say some riders choose public transportation because they would rather surf the net than drive.

He isn't drinking from an eco-friendly reusable water bottle like he asked everyone else to do. Oh, and he's also riding a 2200.

I had caught that the car didn't have sliding doors. He wasn't on the car that wrecked last night on NBC.Also, despite what Facebook says, he doesn't have any friends.

However, this must have been the basis of the report on WGN News at Noon.

Edited by Busjack
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...