ATS O'Hare

CTA buses 4329, 4350. 1763 are lined up on the lower level of ORD Terminal 5 along wi t.f h a parking lot shuttle bus. Earlier I spotted 178 on upper level Termial 1.  CTA 1761 is behind another parking shuttle at Temial 5.  O suppose CTA s supplementing the All Terminals shuttle..

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Coninental Air Transport (airport Express) is helping out at ORD.  They are using MDW parking lot shuttle buses at ORD .  They are 30 ft Eldorados. I guess they are EZ Riders though they look like the Axxess  in the front.  They also have rear doors.  There are 2 of them operating along with CTA artics 4331, 4359, 4376, and 4365.

22 hours ago, artthouwill said:

They are using MDW parking lot shuttle buses at ORD .  They are 30 ft Eldorados. I guess they are EZ Riders though they look like the Axxess  in the front.

As depicted on the ENC site, and exemplified by the new Schaumburg Trolleys, the EZ Riders now have the same front and back as the Axess.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:50 PM, artthouwill said:

Looks like Coninental Air Transport (airport Express) is helping out at ORD.  They are using MDW parking lot shuttle buses at ORD .  They are 30 ft Eldorados. I guess they are EZ Riders though they look like the Axxess  in the front.  They also have rear doors.  There are 2 of them operating along with CTA artics 4331, 4359, 4376, and 4365.

No wonder I see artics going down Higgins Everyday Now I know why

10 hours ago, mel bernero said:

The legal lettering shows Continental Air Transport. It appears there could be 20 buses being used, S102X/S103X.

Apparently they are replacing the CTA artics as I haven't seen  any out at ORD this week.  

Also strange that Continental, and not Delaware (which has the O'Hare contract) , is providing the extra equipment.  These are  40 ft New Flyers which wouldn't be  necessary at Midway.  Although the legal  lettering  says Continental  Air Transport,  they don't  own any buses, per se.  The MDW contract they have is a joint venture with  Cook County School Bus and I believe they actually  operate the  business. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trying to piece together this puzzle, it looks like the ATS has contracted with Continental Air Transport to provide shuttle buses for the Terminal Shuttles. These New Flyers only serves all of the  O'Hare terminals.  The Delaware buses serve the terminals, economy parking lots, and the Metra O'Hare station.  The New Flyer buses are parked at the ATS facility when not in use.  Delaware parks its buses in G Lot.

Delaware also provides some buses that operate terminals only shuttles, though I'm not sure if they bill the City or ATS for those.

15 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Trying to piece together this puzzle, it looks like the ATS has contracted with Continental Air Transport to provide shuttle buses for the Terminal Shuttles. These New Flyers only serves all of the  O'Hare terminals.  The Delaware buses serve the terminals, economy parking lots, and the Metra O'Hare station.  The New Flyer buses are parked at the ATS facility when not in use.  Delaware parks its buses in G Lot.

Delaware also provides some buses that operate terminals only shuttles, though I'm not sure if they bill the City or ATS for those.

The city contracts with the company that runs the ATS providing service from the economy lots to al terminals.   Through a source with Continental, that company subcontracted the shuttle work from the city to Continental.  What I didn't  yet verify ( I forgot) is whether ATS ( or whatever legal entity they are) or Continental is leasing the buses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Does it say anywhere that the stations will expand? The new terminal appears to be bigger than 3 cars.

No the new terminal isn't  bigger than 3 cars and even if it were, the other stations aren't.   The stations won't  expand, but when everything is ready, you will have 3 car trains operating on head ways of 2 to 4 minutes.

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Those look quite nice! I wish the blue was the same one on the flag however

I wonder when do they go in service? I'll probably go out there tomorrow. I want to see the rental car facility first hand. You know I drove past, the Pace buses still use the old terminal. I wonder if theres any plans to go to the rental car facility? A sea of New Flyer buses serving the parking shuttles pull out of there. I wonder what happened to the old buses? I wonder why those guys are not using the ats?

7 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Whoa wait a minute. Are you telling me they opened the facility without running the ats to it. That is downright psychotic. 

Haha, have Chicago talk to the peeps running the show at Seattle’s Airport. Their rental car center is about the same distance from the terminal, but there’s no train at all. Not even a dedicated way for  buses to get there, and the route is a winding mess on surface streets to the building. But there are plenty of packed Gillig buses to ride in, provided you can wait until the second or third bus. At least they’re hybrids.

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Whoa wait a minute. Are you telling me they opened the facility without running the ats to it. That is downright psychotic. 

The ATS upgrades haven't been  completed yet.  Even though I spotted some new cars on the ATS yard, I don't think  they all have been  received yet

I also don't think  they've been  tested. Which probably won't happen  until the power upgrades and fine optics hve been completed 

Not only is the rental facility open. The parking garage known as F Lot is open also.   When the ATS does run there. Pace and the Regional  buses will too

They still haven't  solved the number one problem  which is Uber/Lyft.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The ATS upgrades haven't been  completed yet.  Even though I spotted some new cars on the ATS yard, I don't think  they all have been  received yet

I also don't think  they've been  tested. Which probably won't happen  until the power upgrades and fine optics hve been completed 

Not only is the rental facility open. The parking garage known as F Lot is open also.   When the ATS does run there. Pace and the Regional  buses will too

They still haven't  solved the number one problem  which is Uber/Lyft.

Taking a peek at the rental car facility the other day it looks like a level of the garage is for avis Hertz and national but dont ask me where the other ones are. Smaller places like Ace or Payless are still off site. The ex avis and Hertz lots are huge I cant see where they get the space to house their vehicles. Hertz has exotic rentals like sports cars. Maybe they condensed their operation. I guess all those bus drivers got laid off. Together that's probably close to 50-70 employees. 

The uber problem is interesting. The ats hasnt been tested yet with the new loads so if you send every uber rider with luggage on the ats it further taxes it. I say run trains to serve terminal 5 or the new lot and have uber go to 5. 5 needs a short turn 3rd track. Trouble is when the gate project gets going 5 is supposed to be the american airlines terminal which makes no sense. 5 was designed to be isolated so the 747s which have a wide turning radius can stay away from the smaller domestic flights. But I'm not the making the decisions.