600-series Proterra BE40/ZX5 - Updates

Busjack

42 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

so far it’s #606 #607 and #608 idk if it’s me or did 607 and 08 come few days ago? cuz ik #606 been on property for a while now 

I thought someone said 2 came but 608 would be 3. Just wondering if the order was coming in or they will come in 2 or 3 at a time. The delivery is so slow it's like they are ordering hand built ferraris!! Lol!!

BTW Pace did say something about 2026 for the proterras in the budget so sounds like they are on the same slow boat. That would conflict with the presentation in the electric bus brochure that states 2022 they will get 6 and 2023 52. 

18 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah, shouldn't the average age for Pace's fleet be about ~5 years, give or take some? Especially once those last NABI's are gone, it'll only be the EZ Rider II's that were delivered before 2010?

@artthouwilldid have a point, CTA & Pace could both order electric buses on a joint order, especially since it would be fleet expansion and not replacement (at least for right now)

They could & didnt pace retire the rest of the nabis

54 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I thought someone said 2 came but 608 would be 3. Just wondering if the order was coming in or they will come in 2 or 3 at a time. The delivery is so slow it's like they are ordering hand built ferraris!! Lol!!

BTW Pace did say something about 2026 for the proterras in the budget so sounds like they are on the same slow boat. That would conflict with the presentation in the electric bus brochure that states 2022 they will get 6 and 2023 52. 

CTA should’ve got New Flyer electric buses since proterra’s are DRAGGING

4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Omg now there is a timeline of when will they have Proterras for PACE? When the do get them we will have similar models.

9 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

Omg now there is a timeline of when will they have Proterras for PACE? When the do get them we will have similar models.

Honestly I never thought that Pace was even getting close to Electrics, the cleanest thing they were getting were CNG's and that's it. Now the livery will be similar since both buses are blue

19 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

There's not much of a difference between the two exterior wise other than the rear tail lights.

20210920_195941.jpg

20210916_014530.jpg

20210715_190859.jpg

20210715_190848.jpg

20210715_190830.jpg

20210711_213834.jpg

Thanks for the pics and I can now see the differences you were talking about in the back and I can see a slight difference in the front of the 2 buses as well with the side windows being slightly longer than the other.

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Thanks for the pics and I can now see the differences you were talking about in the back and I can see a slight difference in the front of the 2 buses as well with the side windows being slightly longer than the other.

No problem, as far as everything else is concerned I'm not sure what the differences are between the BE40 and the ZMAX5 specs wise. 

#602 is oos along with #603. #608 still remains along the southern fence on 79th. #607-#607 have disappeared once again from SS. I'm not sure if there parked in one of the maintenance bays or have finally been given the okay to be sent of to Chicago. Time will tell though. I did find it funny how #603 is parked facing Northwest instead of Southeast, I guess CTA really doesn't want the public to see its newest piece of equipment with wreck damage. ????

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#602 is oos along with #603. #608 still remains along the southern fence on 79th. #607-#607 have disappeared once again from SS. I'm not sure if there parked in one of the maintenance bays or have finally been given the okay to be sent of to Chicago. Time will tell though. I did find it funny how #603 is parked facing Northwest instead of Southeast, I guess CTA really doesn't want the public to see its newest piece of equipment with wreck damage. ????

what happened to 602 if you know?

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Damn whoever damaged the windshield on #603 will face punishment when we find out who damaged my baby like that.??

6 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

Damn whoever damaged the windshield on #603 will face punishment when we find out who damaged my baby like that.??

In most companies, if that's an unreported  accident, that means automatic termination.   

I don't work for XTA, but experience leads me to believe someone in the shop did this.  It could have been a fueler, a washer etc.  Where I used to work, I reminded the wash crew that only 2 particular people were authorized to move buses.  However, I came to find out there were others moving buses around, and they sometimes hit other buses.  Unfortunately without cameras, I couldn't find or prove who the culprits were and no one would ever confess, knowing termination was looming.  

I believe if a CTA driver was involved, he would have reported it,  especially if he knew a camera was on board the bus.  Tge questions are whether that camera was actually working and did a yard camera or camera from another bus catch the incident?

On 9/28/2021 at 5:00 AM, artthouwill said:

In most companies, if that's an unreported  accident, that means automatic termination.   

I don't work for XTA, but experience leads me to believe someone in the shop did this.  It could have been a fueler, a washer etc.  Where I used to work, I reminded the wash crew that only 2 particular people were authorized to move buses.  However, I came to find out there were others moving buses around, and they sometimes hit other buses.  Unfortunately without cameras, I couldn't find or prove who the culprits were and no one would ever confess, knowing termination was looming.  

I believe if a CTA driver was involved, he would have reported it,  especially if he knew a camera was on board the bus.  Tge questions are whether that camera was actually working and did a yard camera or camera from another bus catch the incident?

He probably reported right away secretly. It’s a small accident so it definitely doesn’t need to be on the news to show the public I believe it happened somewhere at the garage it could of been something a bit massive that accidentally broke #603’s windshield, sometimes you’ll bump into something, buses, walls, etc accidentally. Thank god that it was just the windshield and not the front structure of the bus because that could cost #603 to be OOS for some time like other buses when they are involved in serious accidents leaving them no other choice but to retire if they can’t get fixed. It’ll be back since they are new and young.