600-series Proterra BE40/ZX5 - Updates

Busjack

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

4167 is on the the west end of 77th by Vincennes with the tarp over it and 7904 is at shops for something and 1805 is still gathering dust in the same spot for months (years)

Naw that's 4119 on the Vincennes said broham it's been sitting there for months & yea 1805 still there 

6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

4167 4119 might (possibility) come out to service in the future who knows along with 1805 

Might but I honestly think it's not they are over or real close to the 12-year service life so I think CTA just gone wait for them to get there & start stripping em I hope not but that's my opinion

2 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Might but I honestly think it's not they are over or real close to the 12-year service life so I think CTA just gone wait for them to get there & start stripping em I hope not but that's my opinion

if you really wanna know (since you love going on private property) why don’t you ask a SS worker or manager if they will ever get fixed 

26 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

77th now has a total of 4 proterras in its possession. I'm also pretty sure that Chicago garage still has there two as well. So as of now that would be 6 in total out of a possible 20 or so confirmed for delivery. 

Time for them to test them and paint them in CTA scheme and put in service!! lol might start before next spring 

• 4 weeks later...

Just giving another brief update, a majority of the proterras that were at south shops have been removed Only 3 are left as of early this morning, today prevost officials were here at south shops it is unclear as to why though. I'm wondering what the next phase for these buses are now at this juncture. 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Just giving another brief update, a majority of the proterras that were at south shops have been removed Only 3 are left as of early this morning, today prevost officials were here at south shops it is unclear as to why though. I'm wondering what the next phase for these buses are now at this juncture. 

Prevost is the sister company of NovaBus, part of the Volvo Group. 

16 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Probably training with them. That's why they are gone. They are building a building at the chicago Austin terminal. They must need a substation to generate all this power for the buses. 

I've noticed that certain stretches of 79th Street and Chicago Ave have recently received red bus lanes and overhead signs installed. I wonder if that has anything to do with the future of the proterras and XDE40's entering service next year or so.

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I've noticed that certain stretches of 79th Street and Chicago Ave have recently received red bus lanes and overhead signs installed. I wonder if that has anything to do with the future of the proterras and XDE40's entering service next year or so.

Bus slow zone elimination

27 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well if that's the case I hope it really gets enforced because people usually don't care but to park there cars in them so far without much issue.

Sounds like a job for a FG operator who used to work the 88-Higgins back in the 1980s. She was very nice to passengers, but one day a car was parked in the bus stop ion Harlem avenue in front of the Blue Line (Kennedy) station on a rainy day. She pushed the car out of the way with her bus. After all passengers boarded, she pushed the car to the edge of the Kennedy entrance ramp and radioed for the police to tow the illegally parked car. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

And I bet it isn't costing as much as the Ashland BRT boondoggle would have cost.