Sign in to follow this  
Busjack

Up to 45 Electric Buses

9 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

The New Flyer change order is roughly half the value of the original contract, perhaps a replacement bus?

That wouldn't make any sense. Aside from that there should have been a warranty, there would be no point to make that a change order to an existing  4 year old contract; one could just give a notice to proceed for 21 Proterras. Given that they said at the Board Meeting that the charger part of the contract was $14 million, the Proterras seem about $900,000 per bus.

However, $1.2 million does seem excessive for whatever it is.

Maybe it will show up eventually under Ordinances.

27 minutes ago, ChicagoNova said:

I'd like to see & ride those Proterra electric buses. I've seen a good few running around downtown on Michigan & Randolph.

You mentioned that you saw them. However, the Shuttle Schedule says to ride, you need a company access code and an e-permit, and pay for an at least 10 ride ticket.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:12 PM, Busjack said:

You mentioned that you saw them. However, the Shuttle Schedule says to ride, you need a company access code and an e-permit, and pay for an at least 10 ride ticket.

Actually I'd like to ride one once it's in CTA's hands.

I would be skittish of the "lowest-bidder" bus. Especially after the fiasco following our "low-bid" bus purchase in 2003-2004, in the NABI 60-LFW.

20 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

I would be skittish of the "lowest-bidder" bus. Especially after the fiasco following our "low-bid" bus purchase in 2003-2004, in the NABI 60-LFW.

Nobody said this is a low bidder bus, as this was a request for proposals based in part on technical merit.

Also, Proterra is about the oldest company in this business (relatively speaking), and unlike a New Flyer, the 10 Aon Prudential buses haven't gone up in flames yet (although, according to the CTA Press Releases, neither have the 2 New Flyers)..

58 minutes ago, sw4400 said:

35 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Nobody said this is a low bidder bus, as this was a request for proposals based in part on technical merit.

Also, Proterra is about the oldest company in this business (relatively speaking), and unlike a New Flyer, the 10 Aon Prudential buses haven't gone up in flames yet (although, according to the CTA Press Releases, neither have the 2 New Flyers)..

In addition to that, it's been established several times over that CTA has instituted safeguards to minimize another NABI fiasco happening again. So can we finally stop beating that dead horse almost 15 years after the fact?

28 minutes ago, geneking7320 said:

I don't think this merits a new topic so I would like to ask:

When CTA's next electrics come in will they have a new livery or wrap?

• There was a topic (this one).
  • Similar to 700 and  701, we'll find out in December, I guess, but my betting is similar to 700 and 701.

THIS IS THE TOPIC FOLKS:

8 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

I agree with this. The livery on 700 and 701 is “promotional”, which is not as important now that more buses have been ordered. My bet is that they will be the standard colors, but with the words “Electric Bus” on top, similar to “Clean Air Hybrid Bus”.

If CTA is anything, it is promotional.