CTA buses to go all electric by 2040?

BusHunter

14 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It says in his signature, copy & paste the link

Youtube.com/user/bushunter37

Good thing @Busjack wasn't here, I can imagine excatly how his response to that question would be... xD

It's not copyright infringement if I dont post the link. LOL. 

Getting back on topic You know it would seem more cheaper to invest in electric bus technology in shorter buses like the one pictured above. Dont know why cta abandoned that after the optimas. Not every bus is a nabi. Pace has definitely used its resources more smartly. Who has all the short buses who has the cng buses who is saving money??? I dont know why cta dont invest in hybrids. It may not be electric but it's a step in the right direction. I surprised theres not federal regulations that state all new bus orders must have a percentage of cleaner.propulsion and I dont mean clean diesels which is basically just lipstick on a pig. 

11 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It's not copyright infringement if I dont post the link. LOL. 

Getting back on topic You know it would seem more cheaper to invest in electric bus technology in shorter buses like the one pictured above. Dont know why cta abandoned that after the optimas. Not every bus is a nabi. Pace has definitely used its resources more smartly. Who has all the short buses who has the cng buses who is saving money??? I dont know why cta dont invest in hybrids. It may not be electric but it's a step in the right direction. I surprised theres not federal regulations that state all new bus orders must have a percentage of cleaner.propulsion and I dont mean clean diesels which is basically just lipstick on a pig. 

I agree. This promise to have an all-electric fleet by 2040 essentially means the 8325s were the last non-electric order. And I cant see 1000+ electrics replacing the 1000-series any time soon, so I think hybrids would be the way to go.

• Upvote 1

I think it was a bad move to let the 800s and 900s slip away. They could have done a rehab on those to keep them going or do a complete rehab with new components or technology. They basically had a working frame. Now someone I forget who bought the 900s and did just that. It's not a big fleet but something you could test the viability of. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

I think it was a bad move to let the 800s and 900s slip away. They could have done a rehab on those to keep them going or do a complete rehab with new components or technology. They basically had a working frame. Now someone I forget who bought the 900s and did just that. It's not a big fleet but something you could test the viability of. 

I could definitely say the same thing about the 2 XE40s #700 & #701

12 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I could definitely say the same thing about the 2 XE40s #700 & #701

Well technically we aren't actually sure of the status of those two. I think someone sent a photo of 701 back at NFI? CTA still lists them as active.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BusHunter said:

8 went to Complete Coach Works in LA. Most likely they landed somewhere as battery buses, but no idea where at this point.

55 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I found this one on google images but I can’t find the person who posted it there is a website under the picture that leads me to the forums or “porterra buses” I wanna put the photo credit since it’s not mine 

Ok. Wonder if CTA's purchase actually includes that demo. Would probably save money.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WCR said:

When was that picture taken?

That's the picture outside of hq. I travel that street too much to not know theres a luxury apartment building across the street. 

Interesting though it's at chicago if chicago is not getting them. There is a bus training center at chicago so it's probably there for the training facility. 

17 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

That's the picture outside of hq. I travel that street too much to not know theres a luxury apartment building across the street. 

Interesting though it's at chicago if chicago is not getting them. There is a bus training center at chicago so it's probably there for the training facility. 

Wait, where were the proterras going again? 74th?