Sign in to follow this  
BusHunter

Brown line Flyover breaking ground

1 hour ago, Tcmetro said:

Once the flyover is done they are going to move onto the track rebuild from Belmont to Addison. That's a lot more difficult logistically, and they've been saying 2024 for completion. 

i think the 2024 they mean for the RPM lawrence to bryn mawr

12 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i think the 2024 they mean for the RPM lawrence to bryn mawr

Long term they want to rehab Sheridan, so I wouldnt doubt they update the elevated structure north of waveland. That's the oldest unrehabbed structure at cta dating back to 1900. They talking about straightening track. It's real curvy up that way. 

13 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Long term they want to rehab Sheridan, so I wouldnt doubt they update the elevated structure north of waveland. That's the oldest unrehabbed structure at cta dating back to 1900. They talking about straightening track. It's real curvy up that way. 

The only way to rehab Sheridan & add elevators, would be to eliminate the S turn & straighten out the tracks.   Then there would be a new station at Irving Park.

This is the note on the Red/Purple Bypass project page about the track rebuild from Belmont to Cornelia (not quite Addison as I previously stated) :

2021: Red-Purple Bypass to be completed; CTA to begin reconstruction of North Main lines (Red and Purple Line track structure reconstruction between Belmont and Cornelia/Newport)

End of 2024: North Main Line reconstruction to be completed.

https://www.transitchicago.com/rpm/rpb/