Brown line Flyover breaking ground

BusHunter

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

there are bus shuttles between belmont and southport starting weekend of September 10th 3 weekends it looks like 

It should be done before the winter. They need to take advantage of labor day weekend. Was noticing on the west end theres a place for a substation but there is no substation yet. Maybe that's the September work. They are going to have to install an interlocking right there at the Belmont station. That looks like more than 3 weeks work. Probably a substation will have to go there as well. 

7 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

It should be done before the winter. They need to take advantage of labor day weekend. Was noticing on the west end theres a place for a substation but there is no substation yet. Maybe that's the September work. They are going to have to install an interlocking right there at the Belmont station. That looks like more than 3 weeks work. Probably a substation will have to go there as well. 

yea they are doing some kenmore interlocking work thru september 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

extreme progress will be done this coming weekend and next as the brown line will be suspended between southport and belmont i think the new interlocking will be put in place at the west end of the flyover and then slide in work for the south end of the bypass

So is 6 flags great Belmont almost done? 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

extreme progress will be done this coming weekend and next as the brown line will be suspended between southport and belmont i think the new interlocking will be put in place at the west end of the flyover and then slide in work for the south end of the bypass

Uh oh we are almost done?

• 2 weeks later...

Update as of 10/17/21:

This weekend and the weekend of 10/22/21 crews are connecting the north end of the bypass.

In 3 weeks they will connect the south end of the bypass there will be no suspensions all northbound trains will use northbound red line tracks thru the area of belmont for 2 weeks 

Bypass should be completed and in full use end of november 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Message says we could not locate the video you are trying to view.

Hmm, no clue why it's doing that. Everything else I uploaded today was fine and it worked on mobile. Oh well.

Track 2 (or whatever the 2 track from the right/east is) was out of commission (all the maintenance equipment). They're rebuilding the supports for the track and switchover in between the flyover and Belmont station

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Policeman said:

They said forget the testing ??

They promised it would be open on Monday. I knew they were gonna push it back. There’s a third rail piece needed to be back in place and there’s a column that needed to be placed underneath the flyover, they have to clean up all what was down there.

1 hour ago, NovaBusFan said:

They promised it would be open on Monday. I knew they were gonna push it back. There’s a third rail piece needed to be back in place and there’s a column that needed to be placed underneath the flyover, they have to clean up all what was down there.

Remember the people mover was supposed to open too but it took them 3 years. I wonder why the old cars are still at taft ave and irving park at the south end of the airport. (Just in case???) ???

Latest gossip says it will open next week.