Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

8 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

7913 is fucked but 7 beat tf out of their buses

I would have to agree to some degree but 7913 is back out once again this morning.

8 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

The fact that I saw a broken down 8291 today at the green line station shows how easily novas can break down a few hours hours after it sounded normal

Maybe it wasn't a breakdown, sometimes operators may be on fallback at terminals if there relief isnt there.

20210723_063633.jpg

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I would have to agree to some degree but 7913 is back out once again this morning.

Maybe it wasn't a breakdown, sometimes operators may be on fallback at terminals if there relief isnt there.

20210723_063633.jpg

Oh but based on the block number the bus has been sitting for a while now shut off and there’s no relief at the green line just a quick layover

hello!

i’m new here so sorry if this isn’t the place to be, but has anyone noticed just how awful pulaski rd is between madison thru 16th? the road is in such bad shape that the busses i’ve been on feel like they’re about to explode from how massive the potholes are. i’m curious as to what other routes have bad road conditions.

12 hours ago, Policeman said:

Bus operators do be getting bored

4188 106: East 103rd 106 -104 1 (103rd)

I believe some 106 buses interline with the J14.  Jow so?  A J14 deadheading from downtown will come off the Dan Ryan at 95th and run a 106 before returning to the garage or doing another J14. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ajkostner said:

hello!

i’m new here so sorry if this isn’t the place to be, but has anyone noticed just how awful pulaski rd is between madison thru 16th? the road is in such bad shape that the busses i’ve been on feel like they’re about to explode from how massive the potholes are. i’m curious as to what other routes have bad road conditions.

Cermak from Halsted to Ashland is really bad. IDOT is fixing it this summer though. 

11 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Which bus number was it? Damn Chicago really need to fix all those potholes too before big problems happen

Pothole patching doesn't work.   Repaying streets with  asphalt is a temporary fix.  By the time the next winter is done, the streets will be in disrepair due to salt erosion.  That's not to mention the city's poor planning.   A street with get a repave completed only to have a utility company tear up the street again.   

Concrete reconstruction works and lasts longer but takes longer and costs more.