Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

3 hours ago, Policeman said:

Only bus i know that has side camera's is 4051

Oh trust me they’re there on all of them. Some just have sleeker designs. I saw a camera catch a video of a guy trying to grab a bus door and get dragged as a result and this was back when the fleet wasn’t as new 

Just now, Sam92 said:

Oh trust me they’re there on all of them. Some just have sleeker designs. I saw a camera catch a video of a guy trying to grab a bus door and get dragged as a result and this was back when the fleet wasn’t as new 

Matter of fact i think that video was posted here ?

15 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

He knows nothing about defensive driving and edited that video to hide the fact he was instigating with the bus.  He could've easily passed the bus if he really wanted to but just doing it for the views and to make CTA look bad.  Just read the comments.

Yea i know I read em bro he tried to be cool with me dropping comments on my shit you know what nevermind I aint gone say it but I'm done talking with his ass I dont fuck with snitches where in from y'all know what happens to snitches

13 hours ago, Sam92 said:

He needs to tell the truth. “I feel like this bus cut me off even though from the beginning he signaled and I chose to race him in a place where the road narrows”. I know I’m not the only persin that can see that and it’s best to just let the bus make that move especially when you’re dumb enough to hang in the kill zone of a large vehicle. I guess he forgot the fundamental “if you can’t see my mirror I can’t see you” rule 

I most definitely go by that if I cant see a trucker or a bus driver in their mirrior & im on the side of them I flash my light race pass an or drop back

13 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

His response to everything in the comments was hilarious. Basically kept saying "where is it written". It won't matter where it's written if you end up in an accident with the bus. My grandmother told my mother this and my mother told me, the bus and train always win.

Exactly thats why I said all us driver need to watch out we may pull in & mf be then snitched 

His response to everything in the comments was hilarious. Basically kept saying "where is it written". It won't matter where it's written if you end up in an accident with the bus. My grandmother told my mother this and my mother told me, the bus and train always win.

Exactly thats why I said all us driver need to watch out we may pull in & mf be then snitched 

On 7/16/2021 at 10:27 AM, NewFlyerMCI said:

22 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I just saw this on FB my boy just posted this I was like wtf CTA did out did themselves ???

What's the most shocking of all is how did the steering wheel get pulled out from the center? If the bus was moving and there had to be a turn coming up, that would be a disaster if the driver didn't stop in time. Thankfully (I hope) everyone is okay.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

In all my years this is as crazy as it gets right here. Out of all streets 43rd would be the last one you'd expect something like this to happen.

Buy more novas they said, they're great! ??? 

image0-1.jpg

Let me know if i have this right.  A CTA bus driver allegedly pulled out a gun on his passenger.   At some point,  the police arrived.   The driver either had  put away the gun or was attempting to adjust the gun in his pants when the gun discharged. One bullet hit him.   Another bullet went through the steering column,  dislodged the steering wheel and possibly went through the windshield.  Does that sound about right?  I'm waiting for this to hit the news.  

The question is how whether a cta driver will or won't be packing when they are driving on duty for CTA?

32 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Let me know if i have this right.  A CTA bus driver allegedly pulled out a gun on his passenger.   At some point,  the police arrived.   The driver either had  put away the gun or was attempting to adjust the gun in his pants when the gun discharged. One bullet hit him.   Another bullet went through the steering column,  dislodged the steering wheel and possibly went through the windshield.  Does that sound about right?  I'm waiting for this to hit the news.  

The question is how whether a certain person will or won't be packing when they are driving on duty for CTA?

From what I've been hearing from the Chirps around the garage was this operator did indeed pull a gun out on a passenger that they had a history with in the past. I believe CPD arrived after the shots were fired on the bus. I'm not entirely sure if there were more than two shots discharged but I will say that by no means should any operator have a gun while on duty at any point. Also the photo below is from a different incident out of 74th on 63rd street from what I was told. I wasn't given to much detail on what went on with the steering wheel dislodging itself like that.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

What's the most shocking of all is how did the steering wheel get pulled out from the center? If the bus was moving and there had to be a turn coming up, that would be a disaster if the driver didn't stop in time. Thankfully (I hope) everyone is okay.

Yea cuz the way it looms it loiks like the bus was turning

34 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

From what I've been hearing from the Chirps around the garage was this operator did indeed pull a gun out on a passenger that they had a history with in the past. I believe CPD arrived after the shots were fired on the bus. I'm not entirely sure if there were more than two shots discharged but I will say that by no means should any operator have a gun while on duty at any point. Also the photo below is from a different incident out of 74th on 63rd street from what I was told. I wasn't given to much detail on what went on with the steering wheel dislodging itself like that.

I think that operator was all fired up!! 

As crazy as it sounds if the operator has a conceal and carry permit legally they can carry a weapon on a bus. Whether cta allows that is yet to be seen. This really makes me want to ride cta!! Probably Id say that is an ex operator but the world is so crazy you never know. Depends if the weapon was used for intimidation or defense. 

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

As crazy as it sounds if the operator has a conceal and carry permit legally they can carry a weapon on a bus. Whether cta allows that is yet to be seen. This really makes me want to ride cta!! Probably Id say that is an ex operator but the world is so crazy you never know. Depends if the weapon was used for intimidation or defense. 

Illinois law prohibits anyone with a CCW permit to carry on the CTA or Metra.  Only the cops can be armed on buses & trains.

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I carry mines everyday you never know who's packing will go into my marine training real quick

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

After posting earlier  , I thought about those two things being separate incidents.

While I understand why CTA drivers,  or any bus drivers shouldn't have firearms,  i certainly understand why a driver would feel like he has to have one.  Drivers get cursed out, spat on, hit, etc.  The driver is a sitting duck.  We've seen drivers knockout passengers, body slam passengers.   Drivers have been carjacked at work.  

That driver will probably be fired, but he will live.  Being fearful for his life made him resort to bringing a weapon.    But in this case he was the aggressor. The days we are in now shows it takes very little for something to escalate into a shooting.   Better him than me. 

• Upvote 2