Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I just thought about it, but CTA didn't have to implement a different schedule yesterday, since the 4th fell on a Sunday lol. I imagine a Sunday schedule is also being ran today as well though ?

the only reason they didn’t have any extra’s on the 65 and 72, 29 124 is because navy pier didn’t have any fireworks 

16 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

the only reason they didn’t have any extra’s on the 65 and 72, 29 124 is because navy pier didn’t have any fireworks 

I was not aware that 72 provided extra`s for the fireworks as I thought it was a little too far north. The 72 did have extra`s for the Air and Water shows when they were scheduled as the show was at the doorstep of the beach east terminal.

9 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

I was not aware that 72 provided extra`s for the fireworks as I thought it was a little too far north. The 72 did have extra`s for the Air and Water shows when they were scheduled as the show was at the doorstep of the beach east terminal.

72 doesn’t get fireworks service. Only East west routes between Roosevelt and Chicago run extras

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I just thought about it, but CTA didn't have to implement a different schedule yesterday, since the 4th fell on a Sunday lol. I imagine a Sunday schedule is also being ran today as well though ?

Yeah the good old holiday sunday was in effect yesterday and today. ?

36 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Sunday service when it comes to the 4th and nye falling on a weekend depends on the day. Saturday’s mean the country observes on the friday before and runs holiday service (banks etc close for the day). Sundays mean the holiday gets observed on Monday and the Sunday schedule is run then. Extras depends strictly on when the event is taking place if there was a big thing going on yesterday the we could’ve had extras as well

14 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

What bus takes 45 mins to come barring extreme traffic/accident? Not even the 30 or 97 has headways worse than 30 mins on sundays

The 54 & 66 at times  when I use to ride the bus ive witness it xheck the tracker says no arrival time then I checked it going the othwr way & it said 29 mins going west to austin at Cicero then when it did pop up it said 26 mins coming back east & it was 1 bus so yea that was a good 45 mins 

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

including 1924 and 1926  ?                                                                                                                                  

nope they have P on em last time i seen both of em at once 

Almost fell over when I saw #1095 pulling into ups on the #169. As much as I've worked in that area I never have seen a 40 footer on the #169. But this has been a bad week for the ups  shuttles. On Tuesday #6326 died out right at Lagrange and 67th in the morning going to ups with a full load. It was hot and these guys were all standing in the forest preserve waiting tor another bus. All we all know who knows when the next #392 is? So I see them and I'm driving around I keep seeing them. It was like 2 hours before help showed up in the form of maintenance. Never did see a bus. I wanted to take them into ups myself, but my boss would have had my butt if he found out. The cops showed up and lagrange was a mess but I guess maintenance got it going cause the people and the bus was gone after around 11. This happened around 9. Was noticing traffic was light at ups yesterday. I think everyone stayed home from the heat.

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Almost fell over when I saw #1095 pulling into ups on the #169. As much as I've worked in that area I never have seen a 40 footer on the #169. But this has been a bad week for the ups  shuttles. On Tuesday #6326 died out right at Lagrange and 67th in the morning going to ups with a full load. It was hot and these guys were all standing in the forest preserve waiting tor another bus. All we all know who knows when the next #392 is? So I see them and I'm driving around I keep seeing them. It was like 2 hours before help showed up in the form of maintenance. Never did see a bus. I wanted to take them into ups myself, but my boss would have had my butt if he found out. The cops showed up and lagrange was a mess but I guess maintenance got it going cause the people and the bus was gone after around 11. This happened around 9. Was noticing traffic was light at ups yesterday. I think everyone stayed home from the heat.

So looks like 6326 has broken down on Tuesday, and then they put out the triangles to show it was broken, but do you know if they repaired it at the spot or if they had to tow it back to the garage?