Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

So looks like 6326 has broken down on Tuesday, and then they put out the triangles to show it was broken, but do you know if they repaired it at the spot or if they had to tow it back to the garage?

It disappeared. It's either that or they hired David Copperfield!!

15 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Almost fell over when I saw #1095 pulling into ups on the #169. As much as I've worked in that area I never have seen a 40 footer on the #169. But this has been a bad week for the ups  shuttles. On Tuesday #6326 died out right at Lagrange and 67th in the morning going to ups with a full load. It was hot and these guys were all standing in the forest preserve waiting tor another bus. All we all know who knows when the next #392 is? So I see them and I'm driving around I keep seeing them. It was like 2 hours before help showed up in the form of maintenance. Never did see a bus. I wanted to take them into ups myself, but my boss would have had my butt if he found out. The cops showed up and lagrange was a mess but I guess maintenance got it going cause the people and the bus was gone after around 11. This happened around 9. Was noticing traffic was light at ups yesterday. I think everyone stayed home from the heat.

6326 whatttt they brought a flex back to service ?? naw I know you ment 4326 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Was driving down 111th last night. Man that is a long route the #4. That's got to be the longest artic route there is. 

In terns of distance from downtown,  the 4 goes the furthest of any route from downtown.   But the 26 may be the longest in miles traveled one way from downtown.  Consider the 26 starts from Chicago Ave and goes as far east as Ewing Ave (3632E) and 106th before terminating at 103rd and Stony Island .  Though the 26 also runs 40 ft buses, there are some artics on the route.

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

In terns of distance from downtown,  the 4 goes the furthest of any route from downtown.   But the 26 may be the longest in miles traveled one way from downtown.  Consider the 26 starts from Chicago Ave and goes as far east as Ewing Ave (3632E) and 106th before terminating at 103rd and Stony Island .  Though the 26 also runs 40 ft buses, there are some artics on the route.

Yeah you might be right but from roosevelt to 67th it has no stops. Maybe the #4 has more stops. 

5 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah you might be right but from roosevelt to 67th it has no stops. Maybe the #4 has more stops. 

Milage is milage and for that matter 26 is also super expensive to run vs the 4 since it doesn’t have stops on such a long stretch and runs only one way. A packed 26 is only half full on budget. 

13 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Milage is milage and for that matter 26 is also super expensive to run vs the 4 since it doesn’t have stops on such a long stretch and runs only one way. A packed 26 is only half full on budget. 

Probably cause it competes with metra electric. They lowered fares. What's faster the train or the bus? 

I thought the #26 runs both directions but just in a light fashion going opposite of the rush traffic. 

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Probably cause it competes with metra electric. They lowered fares. What's faster the train or the bus? 

I thought the #26 runs both directions but just in a light fashion going opposite of the rush traffic. 

Depends on where you catch the bus or train.   If you are south of 79th Cheltenham i would probably say the ME is faster  The closer you get to  67th and Jeffery,  the 26 becomes the more faster alternative.   Even though the ME has only 4 stops in Hyde Park, it also stops at 27th, McCormick Place,  and 18th.   The only thing to make the train trip faster is to transfer to an express train in Hyde Park, .  Then you would bypass Hyde Park/53rd, 47th, 27th, McCormick Place and 18th.

3 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Nah 4-1:15 it’s NB 1-9 SB so there’s a slight overlap and the last 4 NB buses become SB for the PM rush and start between other PM dead heads 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Depends on where you catch the bus or train.   If you are south of 79th Cheltenham i would probably say the ME is faster  The closer you get to  67th and Jeffery,  the 26 becomes the more faster alternative.   Even though the ME has only 4 stops in Hyde Park, it also stops at 27th, McCormick Place,  and 18th.   The only thing to make the train trip faster is to transfer to an express train in Hyde Park, .  Then you would bypass Hyde Park/53rd, 47th, 27th, McCormick Place and 18th.

They rarely stop at 18th/27th/63rd streets.

• Upvote 1