Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I get what you're saying, and to some extent, I somewhat agree, but transit and politics are naturally intertwined, and it's not like this is off-topic. These are CTA buses and personnel we're talking about here, in the appropriate topic

Yea it not off topic its just crooked Politicians using us to be drivers for their law breaking people but anyways its free OT for us get paid time & a half just to sit at a district I think I might do it I can pick up plenty of things

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I get what you're saying, and to some extent, I somewhat agree, but transit and politics are naturally intertwined, and it's not like this is off-topic. These are CTA buses and personnel we're talking about here, in the appropriate topic

Does he not realize that politics really play a role in transit operations? ??????

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chicagomotorman said:

Can you please just stick to transit tropics, and not politics.

Politics and transit are intertwined. 

The Mayor if Chicago picks the CTA board president.  He/she also has appointments for the Pace, Metra, and RTA boards 

The state legislature and governor determine how much funding CTA, Metra, and Pace received from the RTA  sales taxes, motor fuel taxes. 

Congress and the President determine how much federal funding these agencies receive.  Like it or not, that can depend on the party in power and their views.  

3 hours ago, dailycommuter62 said:

CPD has always used cta buses to move around officers during big events, last years riot, NATO 2012, heres a photo from 90s during the Bulls riots. When you have 10-11,000 officers and only 3,000 or so vehicles your gonna need extra transportation when you mobilize them all at once

294289.jpg

Cool ass pic broham

Noticing a number of complaints on Twitter and Facebook about redline service yesterday (Monday). Sounds like their were waiting times of 30min plus at some points. I took the redline on Sunday, and was surprised at the wait time as well. 12 minutes between trains even with both Cubs and Sox game letting out. My train was packed to the grills the entire ride.

1 hour ago, rl12383 said:

Noticing a number of complaints on Twitter and Facebook about redline service yesterday (Monday). Sounds like their were waiting times of 30min plus at some points. I took the redline on Sunday, and was surprised at the wait time as well. 12 minutes between trains even with both Cubs and Sox game letting out. My train was packed to the grills the entire ride.

yea there was not a lot of trains out on the red line on sunday and yesterday i think the reason possibly is employees called off

1 hour ago, rl12383 said:

Part of it was the Holiday.   The other part was poor planning.  The Cub crowd is much more dependent on Red Line service where there are options for the White Sox including driving,  Pace,and Metra.  Yesterday the Sox were in Cleveland so only Wrigley had the crowd,  though both teams were home on Sunday.  Stoll you would think extra service would have been added in order to keep social distance in effect. 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Part of it was the Holiday.   The other part was poor planning.  The Cub crowd is much more dependent on Red Line service where there are options for the White Sox including driving,  Pace,and Metra.  Yesterday the Sox were in Cleveland so only Wrigley had the crowd,  though both teams were home on Sunday.  Stoll you would think extra service would have been added in order to keep social distance in effect. 

Not only that if you were on Halsted sunday like I was you wouldn't believe the amount of missing runs there were during both games. I was at standing room only for both trips sunday afternoon and evening. It got to a point where supervision was pulling buses off of other routes to help out. 

5 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

There was an hour gap between buses on Sunday evening on Cermak. I imagine there's a lot of call-outs during holiday weekends, but maybe there's also a larger operator shortage?

I don't know how this works at CTA, but most private businesses i have worked for required you to work your shift the day before a holiday or scheduled shift before a holiday and your first scheduled shift after the holiday to get holiday pay.  If you had a scheduled shift in the holiday, you also had to work that shift to qualify for the holiday pay.  Unless I was really sick. I didn't miss any holiday pay. I suppose some people don't care about pay if they want to have fun.  Except for sicknesses or emergencies,  I believe people should work their scheduled shifts.  It's not like they didn't know what they were getting into.

7 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I'm somewhat curious as to why they weren't spread across all the lines, especially considering all the colors they're using. Nonetheless, it's an amazing project!

Could be that Green line is the only line above ground that covers more than one area of the city (West and South). As an art installation the artists would want the trains to travel above ground in the loop so subway lines are out.

8 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I'm somewhat curious as to why they weren't spread across all the lines, especially considering all the colors they're using. Nonetheless, it's an amazing project!

It's possible that other lines may get ot too.  These car pairs count switch to the Pink Line.   Maybe those cars eventually get bounced around the system or other cars get the same treatment on other lines. 

25 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It's possible that other lines may get ot too.  These car pairs count switch to the Pink Line.   Maybe those cars eventually get bounced around the system or other cars get the same treatment on other lines. 

Sadly those cars don't get to be on the pink line anymore since the 52xx's were reassigned to Pink line