Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

7 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Well, well, well… Look who decides to pop out of hiding??? and yes that is actually former #6783 because it is the only one out of two work Novas that is still on CTA probably, former #6712 is the all naked Nova with no paint job compared to #6783. It still has the black paint near the windows tho.

Yea 6712 is in FG 3rd lot 

16 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

few also end at logan square it’s probably to ease congestion on the route as there is 3-5 min intervals in the early AM 6:30am-8am

In regards to WB/NB 56 buses ending at Oglivie is probably so those buses can use the Kennedy to deadhead back to FG.  It saves time and money rather than running the full route before returning to the garage.   .@NewFlyerMCI 

5 hours ago, Sam92 said:

For anyone interested or curious IRM is updating it site with timetables of former routes. Like Drexel-Hyde Park, 13 SW Skokie, 14 Devon, 14 South Lake Shore. Numerically they paused at 14

They should add pre-2013 timetables on most routes too, I want to see what timetables looked like in around 2010

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

They should add pre-2013 timetables on most routes too, I want to see what timetables looked like in around 2010

The 1 Drexel/Hyde Park lasted until September 1981 when it was combined with the former 38 Indiana to form the 1 Indiana/Hyde Park (now the 1 Bronzeville/Union Station).

The 14 S Lake Shore debuted in January 1982.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Some of those are sprinkled In. I know some of them already have them and added some '98 routes so expect the archer, Stevenson and midway express to pop up soon. 

So CTA making sure they upgrade the ohara branch track & signals work starts tonight & gone continue every weekend till April but wtf about the forest park branch cta got all the money to do it the other side instead of the side that needs to be done then they will cry broke with their rich ass when it cones time for Forrest park side to get done

Screenshot_20220121-172524.png

3 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

So CTA making sure they upgrade the ohara branch track & signals work starts tonight & gone continue every weekend till April but wtf about the forest park branch cta got all the money to do it the other side instead of the side that needs to be done then they will cry broke with their rich ass when it cones time for Forrest park side to get done

Screenshot_20220121-172524.png

Forest park is held up by cdot. They got phase I up to IMD planned though

43 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Forest park is held up by cdot. They got phase I up to IMD planned though

yea the only reason congress isn’t getting anything is not because of the money but CDOT or IDOT is taking they sweet ass time with the project but sooner or later CTA will give up on em and proceed wit the rebuild 

plus look at the Jane Byrn Interchange project…….still under construction what like 2-3yrs late?

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea the only reason congress isn’t getting anything is not because of the money but CDOT or IDOT is taking they sweet ass time with the project but sooner or later CTA will give up on em and proceed wit the rebuild 

plus look at the Jane Byrn Interchange project…….still under construction what like 2-3yrs late?

But they just really need to fix UIC all the way back the circle is not in their way

9 hours ago, Sam92 said:

It's west of Cicero that's the issue. If Cta does the work too soon and cdot finds they need to shift the ROW then that's extra work. 

It's hard to figure out what's going on here. CTA said it was fixing Racine station:

Design contracts for the track improvements, Racine station, and traction power updates received NTP in June and July of this year and designs are expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2022 for track improvements, and in the second quarter of 2023 for the Racine station and traction power.
[2022 budget page 21]

In the meantime, the most recent talk seemed to be about reconstruction of the expressway from Austin to Hillside, which wouldn't affect CTA, since the tracks are to the side of the expressway, although this article doesn't make that sound exclusive.

22 minutes ago, Policeman said:

These people want cta workers to take 16 days off starting 1/31

There people are idiots

If they want to do something.they can start with the crime in their community and getting those petps off the street 

Oh wait. They won't since those peeps are Black .  Oh by the way. So are the majority of CTA bus and rail operators. But who cares about them?  The majority of CTA ridership is Black and Hispanic. They don't matter eithet.

On 1/17/2020 at 3:01 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

The 56 has a number of morning WB/NB runs that end at Ogilive, what's that about?

A little bit of whatever they can get off of deadheads most likely. The quickest way to FG is to go to I-94 so they're probably offering rush hour commuters an extra option from michigan to the west loop while they recover even just A little bit of coin. Think of it as no different than J14 using some rush extras as 192s on the way back to the garage. 

15 hours ago, Busjack said:

It's hard to figure out what's going on here. CTA said it was fixing Racine station:

In the meantime, the most recent talk seemed to be about reconstruction of the expressway from Austin to Hillside, which wouldn't affect CTA, since the tracks are to the side of the expressway, although this article doesn't make that sound exclusive.

I thought even though the tracks were on the side that part of the reason for dragging and waiting on CDOT is because one of the proposals to widen the Express would even up needing to use some space in that ROW forcing the frieght line to close a lesser used track? We need to backtrack through some earlier forums lol

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

There people are idiots

If they want to do something.they can start with the crime in their community and getting those petps off the street 

Oh wait. They won't since those peeps are Black .  Oh by the way. So are the majority of CTA bus and rail operators. But who cares about them?  The majority of CTA ridership is Black and Hispanic. They don't matter eithet.

Dam they calling for 16 days of shut down its a bit much but I would most def be with it if they said 16 hours they wanted cta to shut down cause that mf van dyke got off way too easy if that had of been me I would have gotten more then 16 years but since hes white & was a cop they get slaps on the wrist but I hope they do some else I'm took that day off anyways