Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Most likely an aur leak somewhere,  maybe the airbags or a leak in the air lines. Bus should be taken out of service  

Yeah that happened with my bus a few months back, there was a major loss in PSI in the front air tank and I had to fast idle the bus to keep it running almost every few miles when I was operating the 8. When I pulled into the vault the shop guys were surprised that I was able to operate the bus with it leaning the way it was, it felt normal from the inside with my gauges giving me false readings of 110 PSI which is abnormal readings but nothing to concerning but when they get below 85 PSI then we have a problem. When I finally parked my bus in the bay area I took a good look at it and all I could picture was a low riding Flxible lean because the bus was leaning so low to the ground.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Hopefully it was fixed overnight, since it was on the 50 block 501 today. 

It must have been fixed overnight then because I don't think it would be in service if it wasn't fixed.

also did it look like it had issues with the PSI?

16 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

2010 on the 20 riding with its hood up

I saw this 4 times yesterday while operating the 4, two runs on the 60, one on the 20 and another on the 56 I believe. There's no way operators are forgetting to close rear hatch before pulling out because if they are that's concerning. 

3 minutes ago, TGP01 said:

It must have been fixed overnight then because I don't think it would be in service if it wasn't fixed.

also did it look like it had issues with the PSI?

Yeah, most likely. A lot of these New Flyers have bad PSI issues some barely operate at the required levels they're suppose to and sometimes the gauges don't give off accurate readings. I've some buses where both air tank gauges showed me the PSI levels were at the max of 150 which to me isn't right, i've also had buses where one air tank has a leak and the bus doesn't kneel properly, just a host of issues occur.

5 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I saw this 4 times yesterday while operating the 4, two runs on the 60, one on the 20 and another on the 6 I believe. There's no way operators are forgetting to close rear hatch before pulling out because if they are that's concerning. 

That is insane, I never saw that for a long time and four times in one single day is crazy

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah, most likely. A lot of these New Flyers have bad PSI issues some barely operate at the required levels they're suppose to and sometimes the gauges don't give off accurate readings. I've some buses where both air tank gauges showed me the PSI levels were at the max of 150 which to me isn't right, i've also had buses where one air tank has a leak and the bus doesn't kneel properly, just a host of issues occur.

Dang

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah, at least the operator on the 56 closed his hatch once he layed over at Madison.

Well that’s good. Last year I got 6770 on the 90, when I rode it the panel on the top left was open. The operator closed it probably at the blue line because I saw him again when I was riding 6854 home and the panel was closed. Those old novas had the big windows and if I was on a flyer I wouldn’t be able to tell.

5 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah, a lot are at that age now where the problems become more noticeable than before.

Yep the rehabs were so long ago the buses are starting to age. I rode 1357 the other day on 90 and the back no turn in front of bus panel looked like it was Burnt off since it had a slice in it. It wasn’t a burn but it did have a burn mark, but the texture of it seemed like a tiny burn. The license plate isn't green anymore and they need to replace them soon, and the rear route number thing is also kind of weathered too.image.thumb.png.7ee8eb015782d5149a4b170de1c43d60.pngTh

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yep the rehabs were so long ago the buses are starting to age. I rode 1357 the other day on 90 and the back no turn in front of bus panel looked like it was Burnt off since it had a slice in it. It wasn’t a burn and had no burn marks but the texture of it seemed like one.

Yeah just this past weekend I saw a strange sight, #1258 (Suspension) and #1272 (Mechanical) were towed back to the garage with in 10 minutes of each other. 

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah just this past weekend I saw a strange sight, #1258 (Suspension) and #1272 (Mechanical) were towed back to the garage with in 10 minutes of each other. 

Wow that's surprising. 1391 broke down twice last week and when I saw it on the 12th and 13th (two days in a row-that bus is a stalker), that bus sounded like it ran good. These flyers need a second rehab soon.

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yep the rehabs were so long ago the buses are starting to age. I rode 1357 the other day on 90 and the back no turn in front of bus panel looked like it was Burnt off since it had a slice in it. It wasn’t a burn but it did have a burn mark, but the texture of it seemed like a tiny burn. The license plate isn't green anymore and they need to replace them soon, and the rear route number thing is also kind of weathered too.image.thumb.png.7ee8eb015782d5149a4b170de1c43d60.pngTh

That's normal weathering going on there, nothing major.

25 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I saw this 4 times yesterday while operating the 4, two runs on the 60, one on the 20 and another on the 56 I believe. There's no way operators are forgetting to close rear hatch before pulling out because if they are that's concerning. 

They aint do the pre trip 

9 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Oh wow. I didn't notice any but I think 1591 felt like new when I rode it.

Yeah the assumed rehabs and or major work based of what I've seen down at SS is random and not specific to any block of buses. I would need confirmation from other operators on there buses but when I ever do get a bus and do my pre trip inspection I can tell when things have been changed and once i'm in the seat operating I look at that speedometer and see 12,000 miles and then I can feel the bus suspension reacting differently than an older un-rehabbed bus would react with maybe 150,000 - 250,00 miles on it. I just have a good feel for stuff like that. The acceleration, braking, suspension, mechanics the whole nine yards. 

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah the assumed rehabs and or major work based of what I've seen down at SS is random and not specific to any block of buses. I would need confirmation from other operator on there buses but when I ever do get a bus and my pre trip inspection I can tell when things have been changed and once i'm in the seat operating I look at that speedometer and see 12,000 miles and then I can feel the bus suspension reacting differently than an older un-rehabbed bus would react with maybe 150,000 - 250,00 miles on it. I just have a good feel for stuff like that. The acceleration, braking, suspension, mechanics the whole nine yards. 

Cool. For me, I check if the bus looks like it's clean and things were recently redone, less pole shaking and jittering, and how the engine sounds like. Some buses feel like they have aged hard, like 1014 in January sounding strange and it's next-stop display was dead.

Just now, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yea that bad. They also need to lock it too so the door won't fly open when the bus is moving

Well they don't fly up but they cant be closed by operator but more so sign out personnel has a key pin that can  lock/unlock the rear engine hatch and air vents. I wish they would of given us those key pins though because finding a sign-out worker during after hours is a pain sometimes because they could be anywhere throughout the garage but the actual booth lol.