Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Look at the window of 20441 at the end of the video, there was a white lunch bag that was sticking out of the window and that caught my eye

Aw might be some food or a drip he wanna keep cold we all do that I had my lunch bag hanging out of the tindow of 1839 this morningto keep my blue mountain dew cold

2 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Had 1839 this morning on the 82 & that bus sign is broke they aint even give me a paper to tape to the window to say what route it is ???

Damn did you tell the customers you was an 82

Just now, Shannoncvpi said:

Aw might be some food or a drip he wanna keep cold we all do that I had my lunch bag hanging out of the tindow of 1839 this morningto keep my blue mountain dew cold

Wow that's weird but ok if you want it cold then do it like that

Just now, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Damn did you tell the customers you was an 82

Wow that's weird but ok if you want it cold then do it like that

Yea alot of us do it even as the garbage truck driver do it its some that use bus or truck driver do thats like if you need to warm up your food while your out either put it on the hood or open up the good & sit it on the motor for a few mins

Random thought: 

Do you think #50 Damen bus, it should be given later operating service, southbound? Not all the way to the Orange Line, but at least up to the Blue Line on North Ave., have southbound service extended from 10pm to 11pm. There are 3 other buses that arrive at Clark/Edgewater between 10pm and 11pm. After the last one to the Orange Line leaves, up to 11pm those buses could give extra evening service for commuters from Edgewater to North Ave (Blue Line). I don’t know if anyone else has ever had this thought or similar. Just thought I bring it up. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Random thought: 

Do you think #50 Damen bus, it should be given later operating service, southbound? Not all the way to the Orange Line, but at least up to the Blue Line on North Ave., have southbound service extended from 10pm to 11pm. There are 3 other buses that arrive at Clark/Edgewater between 10pm and 11pm. After the last one to the Orange Line leaves, up to 11pm those buses could give extra evening service for commuters from Edgewater to North Ave (Blue Line). I don’t know if anyone else has ever had this thought or similar. Just thought I bring it up. Thoughts?

Idk but it's a cool idea to add night service for people that need to ride Damen during the night.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Random thought: 

That could be done, but to me, it would require the 50 to operate out of  K for it to make sense.  Of course it would work out of NP, but would require even later NB service to get back close to the garage.  I don't know if there is enough  passenger traffic to justify service hours extension,  especially since the 50 is sandwiched between two 24 hrs routes, 3 if you include the 22 Clark 

2 hours ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Random thought: 

I was having a very hard time comprehending this until I realized you meant Damen Blue line lol.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

That could be done, but to me, it would require the 50 to operate out of  K for it to make sense.  Of course it would work out of NP, but would require even later NB service to get back close to the garage.  I don't know if there is enough  passenger traffic to justify service hours extension,  especially since the 50 is sandwiched between two 24 hrs routes, 3 if you include the 22 Clark 

Now, to @artthouwill's point, the N9 doesn't run past North Ave, and the 22 isn't a suitable replacement for the 9 north of North Ave until about Foster, at which point it's moot.

My personal thoughts is that since it's really only an hour extension of service and not running till like 2a or overnight, and Western is a 10 min walk away from Damen, it's justifiable. The real hurdle would be garage service since art pointed out there would be later deadheads. Maybe a solution would be for some NB 9 runs to return south on this partial SB 50 service, then head over east to begin service as SB N9's (or even start at North/Damen since the Blue Line also runs 24 hrs)

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I was having a very hard time comprehending this until I realized you meant Damen Blue line lol.

Now, to @artthouwill's point, the N9 doesn't run past North Ave, and the 22 isn't a suitable replacement for the 9 north of North Ave until about Foster, at which point it's moot.

My personal thoughts is that since it's really only an hour extension of service and not running till like 2a or overnight, and Western is a 10 min walk away from Damen, it's justifiable. The real hurdle would be garage service since art pointed out there would be later deadheads. Maybe a solution would be for some NB 9 runs to return south on this partial SB 50 service, then head over east to begin service as SB N9's (or even start at North/Damen since the Blue Line also runs 24 hrs)

I’d say run it out of NP because you could possibly get demand out of the return trips to the garage. It’s a bar heavy and late night hang out sort of area so the return up north to the garage wouldn’t be necessarily empty so to speak.