Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

2 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Cool. For me, I check if the bus looks like it's clean and things were recently redone, less pole shaking and jittering, and how the engine sounds like. Some buses feel like they have aged hard, like 1014 in January sounding strange and it's next-stop display was dead.

If you want to see a garage that has a interesting fleet of buses go western and only ride 74th's New Flyers and you'll see why I bring them up a lot. 

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

If you want to see a garage that has a interesting fleet of buses go western and only ride 74th's New Flyers and you'll see why I bring them up a lot. 

Ok. I do need to take more non-FG routes and the only 74th bus I got on video was Nova 8043 on the 9 in December. This year my goal is to ride at least two flyers from each garage so I can see and compare what flyers sound like.

5 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well they don't fly up but they cant be closed by operator but more so sign out personnel has a key pin that can  lock/unlock the rear engine hatch and air vents. I wish they would of given us those key pins though because finding a sign-out worker during after hours is a pain sometimes because they could be anywhere throughout the garage but the actual booth lol.

Ok that's good. Yeah I think each operator deserves the key for the engine door in order to be secure.

5 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Saw 7955 a few mins ago on the 24 & it looks so dam funny ?

It'll take weeks if they even bother getting a new front. It's still operable without the front fin so maybe they'll just keep it that way.

Just now, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Ok. I do need to take more non-FG routes and the only 74th bus I got on video was Nova 8043 on the 9 in December. This year my goal is to ride at least two flyers from each garage so I can see and compare what flyers sound like.

Trust me the 49 out of 74th and 8 out out 77th you'll see and feel the difference between the fleets. I wouldn't take any novas from 74th, they're beat up and sluggish i've been on them since they came to 74th along with the remaining #6800's they had back in 2015 and everyday after I got out of Highschool id honestly wait for a #6800 along Ashland before I took a fresh new #8000. 

Ok that's good. Yeah I think each operator deserves the key for the engine door in order to be secure.

It'll take weeks if they even bother getting a new front. It's still operable without the front fin so maybe they'll just keep it that way.

I was thinking the same 

1 minute ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Tbh sometimes I skip the pre trip also

Well hopefully the bus is safe.

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

Trust me the 49 out of 74th and 8 out out 77th you'll see and feel the difference between the fleets. I wouldn't take any novas from 74th, they're beat up and sluggish i've been on them since they came to 74th along with the remaining #6800's they had back in 2015 and everyday after I got out of Highschool id honestly wait for a #6800 along Ashland before I took a fresh new #8000. 

Ok I'll try my best to get the flyers because they are all interesting once they get old. The 9 is mostly novas so I don't think I'll be able to avoid any. If i see a flyer and I go on one of the 74 or 77 routes I'll purposely wait for that. To be honest, 8043 sounded okay but did sound a little deep and quiet. Some like 8007 and 8060 sound bad when I watched them on YT.

4 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Well hopefully the bus is safe.

Ok I'll try my best to get the flyers because they are all interesting once they get old. The 9 is mostly novas so I don't think I'll be able to avoid any. If i see a flyer and I go on one of the 74 or 77 routes I'll purposely wait for that. To be honest, 8043 sounded okay but did sound a little deep and quiet. Some like 8007 and 8060 sound bad when I watched them on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajq1O7RIHBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdl9ewpOiVw

12 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

8033 sounds kinda like an FG unit and new too, a little more fresh than 8043 imo. 7919 sounds kinda quiet and bassy imo and sounds like it's aging. It also reminds me of 8007 and 8060 with that extra sound effect. A few weeks ago I rode 8254 and 8285, and 8254 still sounded fresh and new while 8285 sounded a little louder and a bit of age. That bus also had an alarm coming up like a problem was happening. 8033 sounds fresher than 7919 as well. Some 77th units  I listened to on YouTube got low pitch kneeling showiing how they aging while others got high pitch. 8033 and 8043 still had forest glen pitch while others (Idk which) have lower pitch beeps. 

8 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

8033 sounds kinda like an FG unit and new too, a little more fresh than 8043 imo. 7919 sounds kinda quiet and bassy imo and sounds like it's aging. It also reminds me of 8007 and 8060 with that extra sound effect. A few weeks ago I rode 8254 and 8285, and 8254 still sounded fresh and new while 8285 sounded a little louder and a bit of age. That bus also had an alarm coming up like a problem was happening. 8033 sounds fresher than 7919 as well. Some 77th units  I listened to on YouTube got low pitch kneeling showiing how they aging while others got high pitch. 8033 and 8043 still had forest glen pitch while others (Idk which) have lower pitch beeps.

The interesting thing about your take on #8033 and #7919 is I was operating #7919 and that bus was one of the best #7900's that we have at 77th, the suspension and braking system on this bus was suburb and it was pretty quick to say the least. When I took that clip of  #8033 in 2019 it was one of a few #8000's that didn't have the low growling rumble of the engine and axles that most of them had back then and now more noticeable today. It was one of the best #8000's out of 74th other than #8000,#8006 #8040,#8068,#8220, and #8229. The rest of the fleet is hit or miss based on overall treatment they go through at 74th but time and time again I see 74th's #8000s along the 79th street fence at south shops more than any other garage that has them.

2 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

The interesting thing about your take on #8033 and #7919 is I was operating #7919 and that bus was one of the best #7900's that we have at 77th, the suspension and braking system on this bus was suburb and it was pretty quick to say the least. When I took that clip of  #8033 in 2019 it was one of a few #8000's that didn't have the low growling rumble of the engine and axles that most of them had back then and now more noticeable today. It was one of the best #8000's out of 74th other than #8000,#8006 #8040,#8068,#8220, and #8229. The rest of the fleet is hit or miss based on overall treatment they go through at 74th but time and time again I see 74th's #8000s along the 79th street fence at south shops more than any other garage that has them.

Cool. Rip 8068 and 8229 but it Sounds like the ones you mentioned don't end up at SS that often. 8019 was good back in 2015 when i watched the vids posted but Idk if it still sounds like new or now has the grumbling. Those novas got loud axles I didn't hear one yet that doesn't even have axle sound

2 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Cool. Rip 8068 and 8229 but it Sounds like the ones you mentioned don't end up at SS that often. 8019 was good back in 2015 when i watched the vids posted but Idk if it still sounds like new or now has the grumbling. Those novas got loud axles I didn't hear one yet that doesn't even have axle sound

Yeah the axles and low bassy grumble is common out of 74th's #8000s I haven't heard much of that out of any other garage. That recently started getting more noticeable last year. The engines themselves seemed more sluggish and bassy. 

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah the axles and low bassy grumble is common out of 74th's #8000s I haven't heard much of that out of any other garage. That recently started getting more noticeable last year. The engines themselves seemed more sluggish and bassy. 

Oh. I'd enjoy seeing more so I can compare the ones that sound new and the ones that sound deep and bassy, and all FG units I rode so far got good axles too includining 8285 which sounds like there's an open exhaust or something

7 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Seems like a spare ratio issue. 74th has majority trunk service that doesn’t really die down between rush hours compared to other garages so while say 103rd or even 77th have  more rush hour targeted pull outs that get to return to Base for midday more of 74th’s fleet stays out once it’s out so maintenance probably isn’t keeping up as much. 

2 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Seems like a spare ratio issue. 74th has majority trunk service that doesn’t really die down between rush hours compared to other garages so while say 103rd or even 77th have  more rush hour targeted pull outs that get to return to Base for midday more of 74th’s fleet stays out once it’s out so maintenance probably isn’t keeping up as much. 

Yeah and that reminds me to the time 8091 broke down a few months ago on a Monday morning and that was at FG for a little while so it had to get back to 74th mechanics and then broke down after an issue popped up

3 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

You hit it right on the head, that's exactly right. 

31 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Oh. I'd enjoy seeing more so I can compare the ones that sound new and the ones that sound deep and bassy, and all FG units I rode so far got good axles too includining 8285 which sounds like there's an open exhaust or something

I got that same open exhaust feeling while riding 8285, I don't know exactly what is up with it.

Okay. Any other units you know that sound strange since I ride FG a lot too from time to time and I'd like to catch interesting sounding units

yes, I was on one a few days back (I didn't get the Bus#) on the 92 that was making a squealing sound. I think it was a heater issue because that tends to happen with heaters but idk for sure.

Just now, TGP01 said:

yes, I was on one a few days back (I didn't get the Bus#) on the 92 that was making a squealing sound. I think it was a heater issue because that tends to happen with heaters but idk for sure.

Okay.  I didn't hear that before but if I ever catch that bus and it still has the issue then  I'll let ya know