Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

22 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

When A closed on doomsday thats when all of the flex was knocked off 5300's 6000's & the 5800's this was in 09 & yea the rims looked werid on those also for the number series

Oh I know about the year A closed. I was speaking on that last three years the Flx 5300s were around from when the first 1000s came into service, which was at Archer in 2006, and when the last of them finally went out of service in 2009. (Those three years were also the years that deliveries of the 1000s were coming of course). The ones that were Archer did get spit between C, K and 3, but what few that had the Alcoa rims that were still active pretty much went to C and K. I think the 5300s that were at 3 in that time were getting squeezed out and pushed to C and K to replace those that were getting retired from those two along with replacing C and K's more quickly retiring 4400s that were getting pushed south to 77th as they got pushed out by incoming New Flyers. 

28 minutes ago, jajuan said:

Oh I know about the year A closed. I was speaking on that last three years the Flx 5300s were around from when the first 1000s came into service, which was at Archer in 2006, and when the last of them finally went out of service in 2009. (Those three years were also the years that deliveries of the 1000s were coming of course). The ones that were Archer did get spit between C, K and 3, but what few that had the Alcoa rims that were still active pretty much went to C and K. I think the 5300s that were at 3 in that time were getting squeezed out and pushed to C and K to replace those that were getting retired from those two along with replacing C and K's more quickly retiring 4400s that were getting pushed south to 77th as they got pushed out by incoming New Flyers. 

I was kinda surprised that the 5300's lasted longer the 4400's cux the 53's never got rehabbed where the 44's did well a big batch of em did

9 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I was kinda surprised that the 5300's lasted longer the 4400's cux the 53's never got rehabbed where the 44's did well a big batch of em did

I hated the 4400s and the 5300s, and I was okay with the 6000s.

My first RTS ride ever was in 1983 in Memphis.  I loved the styling, big tinted windows and the 8V engines.  My love was solidified with Huskie Line in Dekalb and Hammond Transit.  Thus the 4400s were a big disappointment in comparison.   I didn't like the sliding windows nor the hopper windows,  even though I understood that these buses were ordered without a/c.  I didn't like the seating layout, nor did I like those engines 

My first Grunmann Flxible ride came around 1979 or 1980.  It was on what is now the 381.  I caught it at 63rd and Halsted.  The route ran via 63rd, Morgan,  87th, Vincennes, and 95th to Kean Ave. The 8200s had big tinted windows and had rust orange seats.  They were in the RTA livery.  They disappeared for awhile, then in 1988 I caught one in the yellow and blue Pace livery on the 352.  That livery didn't look good on those buses. The seats were changed ti black. 

The 5300s were horrible compared to the 8200s for the same reasons I hated the 4400s.  At least the 6000a (6300 - 6304) had better engines and a better seating layout.  But none if them stacked up to the 8200s, cracked frames notwithstanding.

Just now, BrownLineTrainToTheLoop said:

I'm new here, this may seem stupid, who am i kidding its definitely stupid, but how exactly does one make their own topic? I cant seem to find a button or anything like that.

There’s a rule saying that you have to post at least 20 on-topic messages in order to be able to create a topic.