Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I was one of the unlucky ones that got stuck with an artic tonight on cottage and it was torture trying not to jack knife and getting stuck in certain spots. I never understand managements logic when they have advanced warning of a snow event like this. Don't let anyone pullout artics, hell if need be use returns aka buses from other garages to fill the runs if need be instead of having almost all artics on cottage today. #1274 has been stuck at 87th for nearly 3 hours now that bus was my leader leaving CSU this afternoon so yeah no matter bus is out there conditions are just not good. What was even more strange was they let #701 run during this weather on 79th and out of all times why now.

Might be hard to completely pull off artic management in the week. Rush hour pretty much is all hands on deck and in cases of interlines runs I’d imagine some rehooking the paddles might be involved on the spot but I could be wrong I just figured it gets more complicated for a run that’d have to do say 136/147/22 vs a straight block 

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I was one of the unlucky ones that got stuck with an artic tonight on cottage and it was torture trying not to jack knife and getting stuck in certain spots. I never understand managements logic when they have advanced warning of a snow event like this. Don't let anyone pullout artics, hell if need be use returns aka buses from other garages to fill the runs if need be instead of having almost all artics on cottage today. #1274 has been stuck at 87th for nearly 3 hours now that bus was my leader leaving CSU this afternoon so yeah no matter bus is out there conditions are just not good. What was even more strange was they let #701 run during this weather on 79th and out of all times why now.

I had 1 on the 12 last night that was he'll trying not to get stuck they had me pull in & meet my relief at the garage & gave her a 40 footer

9 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Might be hard to completely pull off artic management in the week. Rush hour pretty much is all hands on deck and in cases of interlines runs I’d imagine some rehooking the paddles might be involved on the spot but I could be wrong I just figured it gets more complicated for a run that’d have to do say 136/147/22 vs a straight block 

It depends to be honest, I noticed yesterday that before I got #4002 77th was beginning to pull in artics off the street and there were only 7 or 8 left on cottage, 103rd and North Park had there #4300s on the 6,26,147 and 151 until maybe 6 pm I wanna say until they pulled in. By the time I pulled in I was 20 minutes late getting back to the garage because I didn't trust taking the expressway back, I was struggling going up and down steep inclines so I took State street instead. All in all if it were me I wouldn't have artics out at all especially once CDOT can't keep up with the amount of snow. In some spots there was already 1 -2 inches on the pavement and for a bus the amount of traction decreases. There just has to be an emergency plan in place for garages with artics.

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I had 1 on the 12 last night that was he'll trying not to get stuck they had me pull in & meet my relief at the garage & gave her a 40 footer

I heard a lot of that going on the past few weeks. 

11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Wow what happened to 1274 i guess it got stuck due to the snow but now it's back in service on the 24 rn.

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

It depends to be honest, I noticed yesterday that before I got #4002 77th was beginning to pull in artics off the street and there were only 7 or 8 left on cottage, 103rd and North Park had there #4300s on the 6,26,147 and 151 until maybe 6 pm I wanna say until they pulled in. By the time I pulled in I was 20 minutes late getting back to the garage because I didn't trust taking the expressway back, I was struggling going up and down steep inclines so I took State street instead. All in all if it were me I wouldn't have artics out at all especially once CDOT can't keep up with the amount of snow. In some spots there was already 1 -2 inches on the pavement and for a bus the amount of traction decreases. There just has to be an emergency plan in place for garages with artics.

Yea its a pain in the ass to drive a artic in the snow they lije to get stuck easiley

11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I saw a couple of artics out this morning during AM. One on the 12 and one on the 22. But by PM rush, I didn't really see any out. I did take the 147 home from work today, and all buses on the route were 40 footers from what I could see. Only 103rd really had any out, though still at lower than usual numbers. 6 and 26 have noticeably been operated with more 40 footers than artics and J14 appeared to be running on a 50-50 split. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that the no buses on the Drive order was lifted as CTA's website and the BusTracker page were still showing alerts that express buses were rerouted off the Drive but buses were in fact running their normal express zone routing along the Drive. 

1139 gone be OOS for a while was involved  in a DUI hit & run I saw it get into a accident while on the 51 at wells a non driving altima driver almost hit me of coruse we all know altima driver cant drive blew the light almost hit me & hit the bus the driver & two female passengers were ok a male & 3 females got out hung around & walked off just to get in there get away car which I got on video the car is tied to the male deiver & he dropped his ID along with 1 if the girls phones 

IMG_20210219_202420_319.jpg

IMG_20210219_202420_320.jpg

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

This was their get away car handed everyrhing over to 12 & talked with the driver supervisor to let him know he was not at fault & it was his last run he was getting ready to get off know he was pissed 

After seeing that from what I see it appears to be two young females that were in the car or from what I could make out, they may of called the get away driver, regardless that's terrible situation for you and operator along with his passengers involved. Glad everyone is okay though but just a shame to say the least.

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

This was their get away car handed everyrhing over to 12 & talked with the driver supervisor to let him know he was not at fault & it was his last run he was getting ready to get off know he was pissed 

The worst time to have an accident is before getting off work.  Just ask the girl who ran her train up the escalato att O'Hara at the end of her shift.  If she stops her train properly. She's off wlrk.

After seeing that from what I see it appears to be two young females that were in the car or from what I could make out, they may of called the get away driver, regardless that's terrible situation for you and operator along with his passengers involved. Glad everyone is okay though but just a shame to say the least.

Naw it was a male driving that was his car they were further up the road making their get away 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

The worst time to have an accident is before getting off work.  Just ask the girl who ran her train up the escalato att O'Hara at the end of her shift.  If she stops her train properly. She's off wlrk.

Man I know that feeling I had a accident as I was waiting on my relief mf hit the back of my bus I was pissed

& I'm good bro I lve seen worst in iraq & Afghan

3 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

1139 gone be OOS for a while was involved  in a DUI hit & run I saw it get into a accident while on the 51 at wells a non driving altima driver almost hit me of coruse we all know altima driver cant drive blew the light almost hit me & hit the bus the driver & two female passengers were ok a male & 3 females got out hung around & walked off just to get in there get away car which I got on video the car is tied to the male deiver & he dropped his ID along with 1 if the girls phones 

it’ll be back inna few weeks or next month

4 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

1139 gone be OOS for a while was involved  in a DUI hit & run I saw it get into a accident while on the 51 at wells a non driving altima driver almost hit me of coruse we all know altima driver cant drive blew the light almost hit me & hit the bus the driver & two female passengers were ok a male & 3 females got out hung around & walked off just to get in there get away car which I got on video the car is tied to the male deiver & he dropped his ID along with 1 if the girls phone

Yet another example of the bus always wins.

13 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

It's not Altima drivers per se.  The amount of axxidents has gone up since the legalization of Marijuana.   In the city you can't avoid the stench of synthetic weed, especially on the south and west sides.  When I ride the Blue, Green,  Pink, or Red Line, if I'm not in the lead car, I seem to wind up in the weed car.

That's not to definitively say those occupants were high, but if i were a betting man, I would bet they were (or at least the driver).

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

It's not Altima drivers per se.  The amount of axxidents has gone up since the legalization of Marijuana.   In the city you can't avoid the stench of synthetic weed, especially on the south and west sides.  When I ride the Blue, Green,  Pink, or Red Line, if I'm not in the lead car, I seem to wind up in the weed car.

That's not to definitively say those occupants were high, but if i were a betting man, I would bet they were (or at least the driver).

I don't see the correlation. Usage on the train going up, I can definitely see. Car accidents, less so. No one even wants the suspicion of weed in the car or having just smoked weed while in the vehicle, no amount of decriminalization/legalization can save you from/is worth the hassle of just even having the police pull you over. Especially if you're black. I'd wager the DUI rate hasn't fluctuated that much.

However, the Nissan Altima and Chrysler 300 do seem to the the de-facto drug dealer cars ?

40 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I don't see the correlation. Usage on the train going up, I can definitely see. Car accidents, less so. No one even wants the suspicion of weed in the car or having just smoked weed while in the vehicle, no amount of decriminalization/legalization can save you from/is worth the hassle of just even having the police pull you over. Especially if you're black. I'd wager the DUI rate hasn't fluctuated that much.

However, the Nissan Altima and Chrysler 300 do seem to the the de-facto drug dealer cars ?

A logical person thinks the way we do about not wanting to get caught up.  But I can't tell you the number of times I've been standing at the bus stop, or walking down the street, or riding in a car when another car approaches and the smell of weed overpowers me.  And this is in the winter time with their car windows rolled UP.   They get so immune to that smell. They act surprised that you smell it and they don't.   

The tree air freshener should be a moneymaker.  I need to buy some stock.

I remember riding a 313 through Melrose Park EB when a car passed us on the right ad we were crossing an intersection.  There was a parked car, so the driver had to cut back in and clipped the right corner front bumper.  That driver never stopped.  In fact he made a LEFT turn on red at 9th Ave, nearly getting hit by crossing traffic. 

Of course people don't want the smoke concerning legal issues concerning DUI.  That's why they flee the scene of an accident,  like in Shannon'S video.

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I just say altima driver cuz they cant drive & I lost my last vic to a altima driver 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

A logical person thinks the way we do about not wanting to get caught up.  But I can't tell you the number of times I've been standing at the bus stop, or walking down the street, or riding in a car when another car approaches and the smell of weed overpowers me.  And this is in the winter time with their car windows rolled UP.   They get so immune to that smell. They act surprised that you smell it and they don't.   

The tree air freshener should be a moneymaker.  I need to buy some stock.

I remember riding a 313 through Melrose Park EB when a car passed us on the right ad we were crossing an intersection.  There was a parked car, so the driver had to cut back in and clipped the right corner front bumper.  That driver never stopped.  In fact he made a LEFT turn on red at 9th Ave, nearly getting hit by crossing traffic. 

Of course people don't want the smoke concerning legal issues concerning DUI.  That's why they flee the scene of an accident,  like in Shannon'S video.

yea but it just get worst you may get away from the DUI charge but now you are in more trouble instead of just taking your ride as a man

9 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

yea but it just get worst you may get away from the DUI charge but now you are in more trouble instead of just taking your ride as a man

Agreed butpeople still do stupid stuff.  Somehow they think they will get away with stuff other people have been caught doing. Those people who crashed into the bus didn't stay there.  Neither did they consider someone would record their getaway ride.  Your vid proves my point.

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Agreed butpeople still do stupid stuff.  Somehow they think they will get away with stuff other people have been caught doing. Those people who crashed into the bus didn't stay there.  Neither did they consider someone would record their getaway ride.  Your vid proves my point.

Yea I was like let me go round & block they couldnt get nowhere far they was mexicans in a black area then I seen em & started recording