Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

26 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Dang when was that because that operator was just finding a way to get fired and in jail. But i also remember that time when one customer was body slammed by a bus operator because he wanted to get somewhere and the bus operators just wanted to chat and then they wanted to fight. Glad both operators were taken from cta and into jail and I also noticed no one was wearing a mask that was last June damn that wasn't good back then

I had my mask on in june & in Aug keep them from to finding out who you are & I think that was the 1 from Aug that they popped him 

7 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

ah ok lol

Yea see certain things you cant do in sone clothes & that was 1 of an where me when they said I could go home I got right out of my clothes called my girl & the rest was history but I can say the june riot helped me start my business got 3 cars & a whole lot of other things off it 

1 minute ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea see certain things you cant do in sone clothes & that was 1 of an where me when they said I could go home I got right out of my clothes called my girl & the rest was history but I can say the june riot helped me start my business got 3 cars & a whole lot of other things off it 

ok. Damn and also one time I got harassed by a train op for filming in September but that operator wasn't nice to my filming I kept filming in a different part of that car and i don't want to get harasssed for filming again.

8 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

ok. Damn and also one time I got harassed by a train op for filming in September but that operator wasn't nice to my filming I kept filming in a different part of that car and i don't want to get harasssed for filming again.

Screw that they work for the public we all work for the public if they dont want to be filmed then they need to find another job they shouldn't have never said anything to you bro

Just now, Shannoncvpi said:

Screw that they work for the public we all work for the public if they dont want to be filmed then they need to find another job they shouldn't have never said anything to you bro

I agrree with you this is the public there cameras everywhere why they get bothered by one extra camera that just ain't make sense they need to work for a different job where they got their own privacy if they don't like to be on camera

18 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I agrree with you this is the public there cameras everywhere why they get bothered by one extra camera that just ain't make sense they need to work for a different job where they got their own privacy if they don't like to be on camera

Exactly bro I know people then recored me somewhere but I dont care im in the public eye

23 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I learned that they don't wash the buses under 32 degrees farenheit so that could be the cause why

We won't see that temperature for another week.  I can understand not wanting to have windows and windshields frozen. Just the other day I saw Pace drivers cleaning their windshields from the outside.  Time to start writing "Wash Me Please" on the buses.  Lol.

3 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

We won't see that temperature for another week.  I can understand not wanting to have windows and windshields frozen. Just the other day I saw Pace drivers cleaning their windshields from the outside.  Time to start writing "Wash Me Please" on the buses.  Lol.

Damn wow lol. ???

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I know that they are on a schedule to be washed but they also dont wash buses when its below freezing Temps

The shells tend to crack when washed in freezing temps. That’s why all my bikes for doordash are steel 

On 2/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

6710 so dirty you can't even see the numbers on the side of the bus ??

Yeah that's true of just about the rest of the buses at FG and those at NP for that matter. But that's no surprise because those are the outside facility garages, and to clarify on the comments that buses don't get washed during subfreezing temps, this is true mainly of the outdoor garages. All the other garages have had their buses come out clean, and their buses have mainly been filthy like this on days that it's snowed and the buses have been out for hours rolling along wet pavement. 

On 2/12/2021 at 5:45 PM, artthouwill said:

LOL this actually happened quite a number of times during the last months that CTA had the Americanas in service. During those buses final months, the only garage that had them was NP and there were times in mid 2003 during these buses' final summer of service that NP would go a few weeks without even sending them through the washer to the point that the caked on dirt was as bad as seen on 6710 in the above video. So it would be many days you saw operators pulling up in an Americana on the 135, 136, 145 or 146 with "WASH ME PLEASE" on the side of the bus rubbed out right in the dirt that was caked on it. ??

• Haha 1

So with today's bad weather, what artics that did go out in service earlier today had been pulled off the roads by the time the PM rush was starting, and like with the last winter storm that brought lower visibility because of blowing snow, CTA gave the order this morning that the express buses were to stay off Lake Shore Drive. That pulling buses off the Drive led me to opt for an X9 and the Red Line on the commute home from work today because the north side express buses only have relatively narrow and tight local roadways as the alternative to Lake Shore Drive per CTA's posted reroute directions and I did not want to deal with the hassle of being on a 147 that's slowed down even more by getting stuck behind buses on the 151 and 156 that are local bus stops or listen to the whining of other riders who want to harass the bus operators about the bus not getting on the Outer Drive when they have no control over the reroute given to them and are only doing their jobs in following it. And seeing how bad visibility got at different spots as the intensity in snowfall increased the further north along Ashland the bus I was on traveled, pulling the expresses off the Drive today was the right call. 

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

So with today's bad weather, what artics that did go out in service earlier today had been pulled off the roads by the time the PM rush was starting, and like with the last winter storm that brought lower visibility because of blowing snow, CTA gave the order this morning that the express buses were to stay off Lake Shore Drive. That pulling buses off the Drive led me to opt for an X9 and the Red Line on the commute home from work today because the north side express buses only have relatively narrow and tight local roadways as the alternative to Lake Shore Drive per CTA's posted reroute directions and I did not want to deal with the hassle of being on a 147 that's slowed down even more by getting stuck behind buses on the 151 and 156 that are local bus stops or listen to the whining of other riders who want to harass the bus operators about the bus not getting on the Outer Drive when they have no control over the reroute given to them and are only doing their jobs in following it. And seeing how bad visibility got at different spots as the intensity in snowfall increased the further north along Ashland the bus I was on traveled, pulling the expresses off the Drive today was the right call. 

I was one of the unlucky ones that got stuck with an artic tonight on cottage and it was torture trying not to jack knife and getting stuck in certain spots. I never understand managements logic when they have advanced warning of a snow event like this. Don't let anyone pullout artics, hell if need be use returns aka buses from other garages to fill the runs if need be instead of having almost all artics on cottage today. #1274 has been stuck at 87th for nearly 3 hours now that bus was my leader leaving CSU this afternoon so yeah no matter bus is out there conditions are just not good. What was even more strange was they let #701 run during this weather on 79th and out of all times why now.