Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

43 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

It seems that CTA has quietly started putting boxes of surgical masks on the luggage rack right when you enter the bus. This is different from their "Pilot Box dispensers" It is a little late but hey makes them look good.

Over the wheel bay? I can't imagine the entire box not getting stolen

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Has anyone seen those on non-Forest glen buses yet? The only bus I rode that did have masks in that bin recently was 1004 and all the others I don’t think had masks in them. Also that picture above is in 1135.

I aint seen no bus I had with that box but then again I usually dont walk through my bus 

2 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

I was on the Cermak bus the other day and they just had a box on the front wheelwell. 

I've ridden at least 5 NP buses in the last two days & each had a box of surgical masks.  I took a couple to have extras in the jacket pockets, because I keep having to go back to the house & get one.

44 minutes ago, dailycommuter62 said:

Found this photo dated 1992, looks like a early D40LF demo with illinois plates debuting the 15 shopper loop route. Anyone have more info on this bus?

342392.jpg

More photos

Wow I like those new flxibles at the time. No I didn't know about this bus but I have a feeling it could've been a demo but not from CTA.

2 hours ago, dailycommuter62 said:

Found this photo dated 1992, looks like a early D40LF demo with illinois plates debuting the 15 shopper loop route. Anyone have more info on this bus?

342392.jpg

More photos

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Wow I like those new flxibles at the time. No I didn't know about this bus but I have a feeling it could've been a demo but not from CTA.

This bus is definitely a New Flyer.  This bus in the pic is running the 10 Shopper route which pretty much a reincarnation of the old 149 Stateline route and the predecessor to the current 10 Museum of Science and Industry route.  The 15 Shopper was an east west route connecting Michigan with the train stations 

I know the company i worked for received those low floors in 1994 and we sent one to K for CTA to look at.  I don't remember them keeping it,  but I suppose that visit prompted then to order 65 of them which I think were 1995 models, though it could have been 1994s .  Based on the livery, it either was a New Flyer demo or a bus destined for another agency.   It wasn't our bus.