Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

Welp time for another game of Russian roulette in regards to pulling a bus out. Right now there's at least 15 operators waiting to receive a bus to pullout for the PM shift and a lot artics weren't being put out for obvious reasons. I had to pull in #4033 after the kneeling function started having issues along with not having an operable horn.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Welp time for another game of Russian roulette in regards to pulling a bus out. Right now there's at least 15 operators waiting to receive a bus to pullout for the PM shift and a lot artics weren't being put out for obvious reasons. I had to pull in #4033 after the kneeling function started having issues along with not having an operable horn.

Dam

3 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I say at the end of the line cuz stopping & charging in the middle of the route its gone make cta even slower

True, but depending on the route, if it has a short turn ( i.e 47th at Kedzie Orange Line or 63rd at 63rd and Kedzie. Or 79th at 79th and Western) that could be a possibility.   I'm not suggesting that a bus running the full route charge at a short turn, but short turns should have charging stations too.

Just now, artthouwill said:

True, but depending on the route, if it has a short turn ( i.e 47th at Kedzie Orange Line or 63rd at 63rd and Kedzie. Or 79th at 79th and Western) that could be a possibility.   I'm not suggesting that a bus running the full route charge at a short turn, but short turns should have charging stations too.

Aw yea that a work on a full route it does short runs

54 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

52 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Aw yea that a work on a full route it does short runs

Well the goal is to have both run longer than 4 to 5 hours a day, the wall mounted chargers we have here at the garage from what i've seen can only support one bus at a time unless there is another one located in the shops and I haven't seen #700 & #701 getting charged at the same time. If I'm being honest both can run for up to 12 hours a day if not longer because after seeing #701 on cottage for most of the day a few weeks ago shows me that the route there on doesn't matter its more so about not over working the only available electric equipment you have on deck. #700-#701 rarely get put on block runs and usually get swing runs that don't go over 4 hours in most cases, Cottage grove though was an odd ball. As more #600s have started to roll in we'll see more activity with both series hopefully across the system and perhaps give better feedback towards future endeavors.  

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well the goal is to have both run longer than 4 to 5 hours a day, the wall mounted chargers we have here at the garage from what i've seen can only support one bus at a time unless there is another one located in the shops and I haven't seen #700 & #701 getting charged at the same time. If I'm being honest both can run for up to 12 hours a day if not longer because after seeing #701 on cottage for most of the day a few weeks ago shows me that the route there on doesn't matter its more so about not over working the only available electric equipment you have on deck. #700-#701 rarely get put on block runs and usually get swing runs that don't go over 4 hours in most cases, Cottage grove though was an odd ball. As more #600s have started to roll in we'll see more activity with both series hopefully across the system and perhaps give better feedback towards future endeavors.  

Makes sense

20 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Makes sense