Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

27 minutes ago, strictures said:

Red deserves the new 7000s, as it has more riders than the rest of the system & we've had to suffer with those wretched bench seats, which let the homeless take up many of them all the time! 

Since they supposedly have more room for luggage [CTA said to put luggage beneath the bench seats], put the 5000s on the Blue & Orange Lines to the airports!

Yea I see that can happen in just saying the red line is like 77th garage they get the new rides first

1 hour ago, strictures said:

Red deserves the new 7000s, as it has more riders than the rest of the system & we've had to suffer with those wretched bench seats, which let the homeless take up many of them all the time! 

Since they supposedly have more room for luggage [CTA said to put luggage beneath the bench seats], put the 5000s on the Blue & Orange Lines to the airports!

do u really want homeless on the brand new 7000’s???

36 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea I see that can happen in just saying the red line is like 77th garage they get the new rides first

It wasnt always like that. At least not for rail. When the 2600s came in I believe they went to blue line first. Back in the 60s, the dan ryan was a big bragging piece at cta so it got all the new cars from that era. The theme to me seems where there is new construction there are new trains. Like the #3200s went to midway, although they were delivered to the brown line first. Actually brown line I believe received all of the 3200s new.

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

It wasnt always like that. At least not for rail. When the 2600s came in I believe they went to blue line first. Back in the 60s, the dan ryan was a big bragging piece at cta so it got all the new cars from that era. The theme to me seems where there is new construction there are new trains. Like the #3200s went to midway, although they were delivered to the brown line first. Actually brown line I believe received all of the 3200s new.

That was before my time I am not too sure only train cars im older then is the 5000 the others was in service like 6 years before I was born

8 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

that’s why they on red and blue 

Half of them dont be bothering peoole just trying to stay warm on the cold ass nights now ive then kicked the ones off thats acting crazy I kick those off but the ones that just mind they business I was letting them be cuz like I said I understand how it feels it ain't nice 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:32 AM, NewFlyerMCI said:

A gentle nudge from the bus should fix this ?

There was a driver on the 88 Higgins back in the 80's who would have done just that. A guy parked his car in the bus stop on the Kennedy overpass in front of the Harlem station entrance. Of course, it was raining. The bus driver was a tiny woman who suffered no fools. She pushed the car out of the way and called it in as abandoned in front of the on-ramp. Unethical? Perhaps. Nice thing for the passengers? You bet!

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, rvwnsd said:

There was a driver on the 88 Higgins back in the 80's who would have done just that. A guy parked his car in the bus stop on the Kennedy overpass in front of the Harlem station entrance. Of course, it was raining. The bus driver was a tiny woman who suffered no fools. She pushed the car out of the way and called it in as abandoned in front of the on-ramp. Unethical? Perhaps. Nice thing for the passengers? You bet!

Hell yea I agree that was when you could do things like that wasnt no cameras like it is now. Now you on somebody camera from the time you leave your house plus cta got front facing cameras its just not how it use to be 

28 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

@YoungBusLover is fine.  We were talking just moments ago.

Yeah I'm fine this happened about two hours after I got off this morning. The security gaurds at the front entrance need to be fired for even letting that happen. Anyone can get such easy access to these garages with minimal pushback these days. I leave late nights and security is just as un noticeable as a needle in a haystack. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

Sadly we're easy pickings to those who are very desperate to carjack the luxury muscle cars some operators have.

I have some pretty new cars myself. If their carjacking some womans hyundai, they'll want my car. The only thing there going to jack from me is my bus. It has gps and more cameras than you can shake a stick at. It's a shame all this is making people scared of chicago, me included.