Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam they aint seen 6470 ina long time & the back sign still stuck on 72

#6470 hasn't been used in so long. I remember taking it out for a spin back in 2019 during training and the bus although it was rehabbed it had so many issues. You needed a mechanic to jump start the bus and to just get it into gear he had to manually do some magical stuff with the wires in the overhead panel. It's only been used a handful of times since then.

5 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

can we call #6470 dust ball???

Haha yeah.

4 hours ago, rvwnsd said:

Makes me feel sad for 6470.

It has served it's purpose for 20 years now.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#6470 hasn't been used in so long. I remember taking it out for a spin back in 2019 during training and the bus although it was rehabbed it had so many issues. You needed a mechanic to jump start the bus and to just get it into gear he had to manually do some magical stuff with the wires in the overhead panel. It's only been used a handful of times since then.

Haha yeah.

It has served it's purpose for 20 years now.

I'm surprised 7 aint put they sticker back on her they normally change the stickers on a bus while its still pulling in from another garage & they got they OG bus back they just said they gone leave FG sticker on there 

2 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I'm surprised 7 aint put they sticker back on her they normally change the stickers on a bus while its still pulling in from another garage & they got they OG bus back they just said they gone leave FG sticker on there 

i’m pretty sure they care less bout the sticker since it’s not gonna be used out on the streets anymore 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Only on the southside you'll see this kind of stupidity. I guess the Hennessey was to important to get from the liquor store.......the sad part is there is a parking lot on the northern side of the building yet hardly any customers use it....? 

Note - Not my photos. 

136115574_1937031396451006_4519091740675271718_n.jpg

137332372_1937031439784335_3227658875630015581_n.jpg

A gentle nudge from the bus should fix this ?

Only on the southside you'll see this kind of stupidity. I guess the Hennessey was to important to get from the liquor store.......the sad part is there is a parking lot on the northern side of the building yet hardly any customers use it....? 

Note - Not my photos. 

I need to revisit.   I thought the tetminal was on the north side of the liquor store and the parking lot was south of there.  It's been awhile and my memory may be off.  

That said, that type of stupidity isn't limited to the South Side.  It's more on the South side because that's the biggest part of the city.  Theres plenty of stupid on the West Side, even though that's the smallest section of the city.   There's stupid on the densely populated North Side  and even in the burbs there is plenty of stupidity

Note - Not my photos. 

There are parking spaces on Halsted in front of the Liquor store. If they're full then why that person thinks it's a good idea to block an active bus  terminal when there are like open parking spaces like 100 feet away lol. I never seen this before but hopefully these drivers learn where parking is and isn't allowed. Also right in front of the bay was a NO ENTRY EXCEPT BUSES sign, and he missed that too. Damn these drivers in the city are crazy what do we find next? ?O.o

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

There are parking spaces on Halsted in front of the Liquor store. If they're full then why that person thinks it's a good idea to block an active bus  terminal when there are like open parking spaces like 100 feet away lol. I never seen this before but hopefully these drivers learn where parking is and isn't allowed. Also right in front of the bay was a NO ENTRY EXCEPT BUSES sign, and he missed that too. Damn these drivers in the city are crazy what do we find next? ?O.o

I see drivers use the Clark/Arthur terminal as a U-turn spot all the time.  Especially when there aren't any buses in it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Smfh since he parked there he could have parked sideways against the building 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

The 7000 series that tested in the orange like last week looks lije its goijg to the pink line start at the 11:15 mark

They've tested on nearly every line so far but the chirps from some higher ups in the company are hinting at the Red,Brown and Orange lines. Either the red line trades off there 5000's to the orange and brown lines to retire the remaining 2600's on those lines.

20 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

They've tested on nearly every line so far but the chirps from some higher ups in the company are hinting at the Red,Brown and Orange lines. Either the red line trades off there 5000's to the orange and brown lines to retire the remaining 2600's on those lines.

Those 7000s are squeaky 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yea I believe the red gone get it first they get all of the new rides first

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

8244 has been a ghost bus since Friday afternoon I rode it that Friday afternoon on the 90 Harlem  and it was already a ghost bus. Bus had a working tracker on the 85 earlier that morning but quit during the day and hasn't been fixed yet  .

My bus was ghost yesterday while I was on the 60 I pulled up to 26 & kedize & a guy was like amigo I though you wasnt suppose to come for another 19 mins I told him no I am actually 6 mins late he showed me his tracker my bus wasnt on there

13 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea I believe the red gone get it first they get all of the new rides first

Red deserves the new 7000s, as it has more riders than the rest of the system & we've had to suffer with those wretched bench seats, which let the homeless take up many of them all the time! 

Since they supposedly have more room for luggage [CTA said to put luggage beneath the bench seats], put the 5000s on the Blue & Orange Lines to the airports!