Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

A passenger filed a complaint on me today while I did the 82 this afternoon 12 had the street blocked at homan & Douglas might have been a shooting so I drove through the alley & a passenger filed a complaint ??? I had tokd the driver in front of me that I was about to hit the alley & she did the same we both got snitched on  seen the person who did it & they ride the 82 often so next time imma pull off on they ass on a real cold day

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

A passenger filed a complaint on me today while I did the 82 this afternoon 12 had the street blocked at homan & Douglas might have been a shooting so I drove through the alley & a passenger filed a complaint ??? I had tokd the driver in front of me that I was about to hit the alley & she did the same we both got snitched on  seen the person who did it & they ride the 82 often so next time imma pull off on they ass on a real cold day

How on earth did you fit the bus through the alley? And was the passenger inadvertently skipped because of the detour? or they were on the bus?

17 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

9 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

How on earth did you fit the bus through the alley? And was the passenger inadvertently skipped because of the detour? or they were on the bus?

Yes buses can fit in alleys if there are no obstructions like a car next to a trash bin.  If 2 cars in pass each other in an alley, certainly one bus can.  The trick might be turning out of the alley if turning onto a side street.  

17 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

First and foremost why didn't you call control? Secondly why did you go through an alley in the first place rather than evaluating the situation thoroughly? I'm also curious as to the complaint made by the passenger, were they on the bus or were they waiting at a service stop? CTA has a quite a few secret spy's out here looking for any type of misconduct of employees on all fronts. 

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

First and foremost why didn't you call control? Secondly why did you go through an alley in the first place rather than evaluating the situation thoroughly? I'm also curious as to the complaint made by the passenger, were they on the bus or were they waiting at a service stop? CTA has a quite a few secret spy's out here looking for any type of misconduct of employees on all fronts. 

They was on the bus & the people that was at the bus stop was able to walk to the bus so that was all good just not traffic couldnt get through with my supervisor laughed at it he told me gone worry about it 

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Yes buses can fit in alleys if there are no obstructions like a car next to a trash bin.  If 2 cars in pass each other in an alley, certainly one bus can.  The trick might be turning out of the alley if turning onto a side street.  

Naw the people was able to walk to the bus so no stopped skipped & when I got on the side street I blew the horn at the others that was standing at the bus stop to come on over & yea they can fit through a alley that wasnt my first tine doing that I then got buses through side streets & all 

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

imagine someone sitting in they back porch and seeing 2 buses inna alley??????

I was laughing my ass off while I was doing it so I know somebody on they porch will 

Baby come look at this its 2 buses driving throught the alley 

Earl you out there smoking the stuff again 

Jasmine come look

Jasmine:well I'd be dam it is 2 buses driving through the alley tiktok ??

• Haha 2

I remember as a kid I would always look out the front windows of our house at the occasional car passing by. We were on a quiet street in Oak Park one street over from the 86 Narragansett/Ridgeland. I guess there was an issue on Ridgeland by our block because one day I saw a CTA bus coming down our street. I told my mom and she thought I was just saying crazy kid things. But the next time I saw one she came to the window and sure enough there was a CTA Flxible Metro just cruising down our quiet street! Most exciting traffic we got honestly. 

5 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I remember as a kid I would always look out the front windows of our house at the occasional car passing by. We were on a quiet street in Oak Park one street over from the 86 Narragansett/Ridgeland. I guess there was an issue on Ridgeland by our block because one day I saw a CTA bus coming down our street. I told my mom and she thought I was just saying crazy kid things. But the next time I saw one she came to the window and sure enough there was a CTA Flxible Metro just cruising down our quiet street! Most exciting traffic we got honestly. 

This was me every time I saw a bus coming down 76th street and having a brief moment of panic that I missed the 75

6 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

see nowadays you can always see that just go down to Filmore/Mason on the 91 Austin 

7 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Memories

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

see nowadays you can always see that just go down to Filmore/Mason on the 91 Austin 

This one has always actually surprised me. A regular layover on neighborhood streets. I feel like there were so many other options, like Austin Green Line, Austin/Madison, Austin/Jackson or Central/Harrison.

29 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This one has always actually surprised me. A regular layover on neighborhood streets. I feel like there were so many other options, like Austin Green Line, Austin/Madison, Austin/Jackson or Central/Harrison.

it could go to austin green line since there is a pace bus that starts there and goes down austin 

On 12/18/2020 at 6:12 AM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Over the years living in dunning, cta has pretty much went down all the streets over here west of Harlem on Addison. Some of them I dont blame, because if Neva is tight, are they willing to risk an accident. I've seen accidents there before.

Just this week we had train troubles on the Milwaukee west. Freights would come and stop just short of the signal tower at the Edgington crossing. (roughly 25th avenue) in Franklin Pk. They would block the soo line crossing and all crossings to Cumberland /1st Avenue cause these are 100 car freights. I had the pleasure of this experience twice in the same day. First time going to work in the car and then I had the bus, cause we can park out between routes. So here I am sitting in the bus the train is going slower And slower and stopped. Its 4pm. So I'm on a clock I dont have time to sit for 30 minutes or an hour waiting for trains. So I took my bus down the last side street (O Conner) I could took it to 80th Avenue in elmwood pk. I wanted to make a right. Some dip put a giant rock on that corner so you couldnt clip the curb. On tight turns you have no choice. Then some guy parks a car right across the street from the turn so I'm like its roadeo time. Closer I got to it though, I was like I dont know if I'm going to make that. I got a 40 foot bus. Turned out I bailed went back to belmont. As much as I needed that turn being stuck or in an accident is not going to help me. So you have to know when to hold em and when to fold em. I think I could've made the turn but I would have needed the whole street for a real wide turn. You dont have those options in the rush though. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2020 at 6:12 AM, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I remember as a kid, a very small kid, when the 9, 45, and 110 would travel down 64th St between Ashland and Loomis to serve the Englewood terminal at 63rd and Loomis.  This was short lived because a new station soon opened up at 63rd and Ashland.  This was the newest station on the entire Englewoid)Jackson Park,-Howard Line.

There also was some chartered CTA'S buses that ran south on Loomis.  These were school runs, but the buses were always empty.  I assumed these buses served Coprrnicus school 

Yesterday I had a rider asked me how late was I I told them 3 mins late she thought I was overly late cuz she said that she had been standing there well over 30 mins & when she first got to the bus stop the tracker said no arrival time for the first 5-8 mins then when my bbus did come up it came with 29 mins she said that is too long to be waiting for a dam bus which I agree it should not be a gap that big in between buses cuz if you got down town or up north bet you dont have to wait for a bus that long & I was doing the 12 yesterday 

52 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yesterday I had a rider asked me how late was I I told them 3 mins late she thought I was overly late cuz she said that she had been standing there well over 30 mins & when she first got to the bus stop the tracker said no arrival time for the first 5-8 mins then when my bbus did come up it came with 29 mins she said that is too long to be waiting for a dam bus which I agree it should not be a gap that big in between buses cuz if you got down town or up north bet you dont have to wait for a bus that long & I was doing the 12 yesterday 

That is unusual because I see the 12 downtown running like clockwork.  It seemingly runs faster than the 3 and 4.

31 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

That is unusual because I see the 12 downtown running like clockwork.  It seemingly runs faster than the 3 and 4.

Yea mostly does but after Western it will run like shit here in the real Chicago they cuz bus service like last week I did the 12 I was only going to kedize then going to the garage the next bus behinf me 21 min wait why is it a big gap like that anyways the person who makes the schedule needs to be fired for these gaps

8 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

There's no seemingly, it does run faster. I swear i've never had to wait a long time for the 12.

The longest I've waited for the 12 was at least 15 minutes going westbound but going eastbound from like Western or Ashland it varies from 12-25 minutes. There was obviously buses missing in front of shannon with that big of an interval. 

2 hours ago, strictures said:

A month ago, I waited 45 minutes for a SB Clark in Rogers Park.   There are also the occasional 30+ minute waits for NB 151s at Foster. 

See it shouldnt be like that imo 10-15 min waits the longest its getting too cold for that even if you dress warm just standing there long enough its starts to get to you whoever makes they kinda schedules should really be fired like I tell people when I mess around & get ahead of schedule I be like I know y'all go better places to be then riding this slow system but I am a few mins early please bare with me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

See it shouldnt be like that imo 10-15 min waits the longest its getting too cold for that even if you dress warm just standing there long enough its starts to get to you whoever makes they kinda schedules should really be fired like I tell people when I mess around & get ahead of schedule I be like I know y'all go better places to be then riding this slow system but I am a few mins early please bare with me 

ay bro if u drive fast like a lot of operators do lemme hop on ur bus real quick???? i hate these slow drivers it annoys me especially when they know damn well they late they still drive slow like they need they foot glued to the pedal?

13 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

ay bro if u drive fast like a lot of operators do lemme hop on ur bus real quick???? i hate these slow drivers it annoys me especially when they know damn well they late they still drive slow like they need they foot glued to the pedal?

A couple of years ago, I was on an NB X9 that was passed by a couple of regular 9s & two other X9s & even let someone off at Grace St.  I called up to complain, but they never tell you the resolution.