Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

7 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

#6692 was in and out the shops for several months before going back there this past summer. I recently saw one #6400s in the heavy maintenance shop I couldn't get the exact number though. One quick note though, I did see a few #4300's getting rehabbed, new entire front ends were waiting to be assembled along with many other exterior parts.

Yea I remember 6692 was on & off the road probably blew a trans or motor now or they just got tired of seeing it & they tear apart the front end also I thought they only did the suspension motor & trains with new paint not tear it all apart

2 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It might be the city not installing the software or hardware along Ashland.  As you noted, there hasn't been any evidence of TSP working.  Maybe 74th finally caught on.

Yeah you might be right on that because I lived off Ashland for 15 years and travel it frequently end to end. I just haven't seen much of anything change. 74th does need to give the #8000's a rest off of Ashland though because they've taken a beating, they're giving the vibes of the #6000's. 

53 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Was just wondering are there any nabi multiple 5400+ series left in the bonyard ive only see 1 5400 a few 4600's 6031 6227 but is there any nabis or they all been sent to the crusher 

CtA only had NABIs in the 7500 series attics and a CompoBus which I think was a 7800 series.

Flxble had the 5300 and 6000 series buses.  Those were the Flxble Metros.

The 4400 series RTS buses were built by TMC.

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

CtA only had NABIs in the 7500 series attics and a CompoBus which I think was a 7800 series.

Flxble had the 5300 and 6000 series buses.  Those were the Flxble Metros.

The 4400 series RTS buses were built by TMC.

I thought it was said on here the #7500s were all gone. Because of their issues as long as they had them they were a liability. So for that reason they had to go. 

26 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

Noticed that some busses on the ticker now say “Essential Travel Only” this has mainly been seen on the #6 out of 103rd. A few busses have said that. 

Might be to clear confusion due to the former signs set up not being taken down or reset at the end of each run (probably a tedious process) 

37 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I think @BusHunter  said all of the NABIS had to go because of litigation between CTA and NABI.  Those buses should have been all scrapped 

Yeah they are not safe and if they fall apart even not in cta possession their liable, so the only answer to that is to scrap them. 

On 11/29/2020 at 10:28 PM, BusHunter said:

Yeah they are not safe and if they fall apart even not in cta possession their liable, so the only answer to that is to scrap them. 

I agree 100% !!!  Why would the CTA keep that junk around ??  Hungarian company and Made in Alabama = Disaster waiting to happen

We should be thankful no serious injuries or lives lost related to that joint defect on those buses !!

Dave

1 hour ago, chitowndude84 said:

I agree 100% !!!  Why would the CTA keep that junk around ??  Hungarian company and Made in Alabama = Disaster waiting to happen

We should be thankful no serious injuries or lives lost related to that joint defect on those buses !!

Dave

Yea I agree I was just wondering about em 

13 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

Dave

You know before they were NABI, they were Ikarus.  Pace West had the 416 model.  I used to think the 2200 series buses were restyled Orion I buses.  Other than the body, everything from the seats to the lighting and the engine was like the Orion I buses Pace had.

Sometimes I wonder if the XCELSIORS are really renamed NABIs.  They really don't have the typical New Flyer styling. 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

You know before they were NABI, they were Ikarus.  Pace West had the 416 model.  I used to think the 2200 series buses were restyled Orion I buses.  Other than the body, everything from the seats to the lighting and the engine was like the Orion I buses Pace had.

Sometimes I wonder if the XCELSIORS are really renamed NABIs.  They really don't have the typical New Flyer styling. 

Yeah you might be on to something with that. This was one of the very last models NABI had ready for production before shutting down and I so see some similarities to the current day xcelsiors we see now.

800px-40-LFW_Gen3.jpeg

I wonder when CTA does start rehabbing again will they use this seating cover design to replace the older fabric covers becuase with the pandemic still around these seats would be easier to clean. Also I found this to be quite amusing the other day when I notice an operator struggling to turn #701 out of a tight spot. They were stuck there for at least 15 minutes.

20201210_150138.jpg

20201210_150121.jpg

20201210_150143.jpg

20201208_145357.jpg

24 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wonder when CTA does start rehabbing again will they use this seating cover design to replace the older fabric covers becuase with the pandemic still around these seats would be easier to clean. Also I found this to be quite amusing the other day when I notice an operator struggling to turn #701 out of a tight spot. They were stuck there for at least 15 minutes.

20201210_150138.jpg

20201210_150121.jpg

20201210_150143.jpg

20201208_145357.jpg

Cool get to see the inside of 1342 it got fixed up good after the fire & some peoplr can't drive I wonder did they get their L's out of a cereal box ?

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

20201210_150138.jpg

20201210_150121.jpg

20201210_150143.jpg

20201208_145357.jpg

We once had a guy stall out right at the entrance to the garage. Theres only one way in our garage cause its surrounded by freight tracks. So we all needed to pullin. Me too. They have an island where the freight crossing is but it turns 90 degrees after the crossing. So we all pulled in on the outbound side one lane keeping watch on our tail swings. Took them about an hour to get it going. Was an old 2008. 

Had sort of a laugh out in hinsdale. Out there they have these real expensive houses and everyone drives land rovers and stuff. So one day I get caught by the bnsf and I need to make a turn 90 degrees I'm in the right lane train passes, beside me is a tesla. So I go to make my turn and discover my tail is swinging closer and closer to the Tesla so I guess the guy got worried and swung to the left but I knew what was happening cause I stopped the turn. Yeah his tesla would have had some big mark's on it after that. That's a turn I'm going to have to watch. It can get you in trouble. Usually I avoid those intersections but I got caught in something new there.