Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

#6692 was in and out the shops for several months before going back there this past summer. I recently saw one #6400s in the heavy maintenance shop I couldn't get the exact number though. One quick note though, I did see a few #4300's getting rehabbed, new entire front ends were waiting to be assembled along with many other exterior parts.

Yea I remember 6692 was on & off the road probably blew a trans or motor now or they just got tired of seeing it & they tear apart the front end also I thought they only did the suspension motor & trains with new paint not tear it all apart

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have done my share of pub crawls. They are usually good tippers.  I laid down the laws at the beginning of the charter. 1.  No opening of windows or roof hatches. 3.  Do not sit drinks on

Thursday I was on the 18 coming up to kedize & a woman on my bus fell having a seizure since my 3 year old daughter have them when she have a fever over & temp over 100 I knew exactly what to

74th's east west routes have always used Ashland as the relief point.  That goes all the way back to when the garage was located at 69th and Ashland (which is where the garage code 6 comes from).  Tho

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It might be the city not installing the software or hardware along Ashland.  As you noted, there hasn't been any evidence of TSP working.  Maybe 74th finally caught on.

Yeah you might be right on that because I lived off Ashland for 15 years and travel it frequently end to end. I just haven't seen much of anything change. 74th does need to give the #8000's a rest off of Ashland though because they've taken a beating, they're giving the vibes of the #6000's. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Was just wondering are there any nabi multiple 5400+ series left in the bonyard ive only see 1 5400 a few 4600's 6031 6227 but is there any nabis or they all been sent to the crusher 

CtA only had NABIs in the 7500 series attics and a CompoBus which I think was a 7800 series.

Flxble had the 5300 and 6000 series buses.  Those were the Flxble Metros.

The 4400 series RTS buses were built by TMC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

CtA only had NABIs in the 7500 series attics and a CompoBus which I think was a 7800 series.

Flxble had the 5300 and 6000 series buses.  Those were the Flxble Metros.

The 4400 series RTS buses were built by TMC.

I thought it was said on here the #7500s were all gone. Because of their issues as long as they had them they were a liability. So for that reason they had to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I thought it was said on here the #7500s were all gone. Because of their issues as long as they had them they were a liability. So for that reason they had to go. 

I was merely letting him know the 5400s and 6000s he was looking for in the boneyard would be Flxbles. Not NABI.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

Noticed that some busses on the ticker now say “Essential Travel Only” this has mainly been seen on the #6 out of 103rd. A few busses have said that. 

Might be to clear confusion due to the former signs set up not being taken down or reset at the end of each run (probably a tedious process) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I know the 7500 aren't flex I was just asking is there still any nabis hanging around cuz all I could see is flex still hanging around

I think @BusHunter  said all of the NABIS had to go because of litigation between CTA and NABI.  Those buses should have been all scrapped 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I think @BusHunter  said all of the NABIS had to go because of litigation between CTA and NABI.  Those buses should have been all scrapped 

Yeah they are not safe and if they fall apart even not in cta possession their liable, so the only answer to that is to scrap them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 10:28 PM, BusHunter said:

Yeah they are not safe and if they fall apart even not in cta possession their liable, so the only answer to that is to scrap them. 

I agree 100% !!!  Why would the CTA keep that junk around ??  Hungarian company and Made in Alabama = Disaster waiting to happen

We should be thankful no serious injuries or lives lost related to that joint defect on those buses !!

 

Dave

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chitowndude84 said:

I agree 100% !!!  Why would the CTA keep that junk around ??  Hungarian company and Made in Alabama = Disaster waiting to happen

We should be thankful no serious injuries or lives lost related to that joint defect on those buses !!

 

Dave

Yea I agree I was just wondering about em 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, chitowndude84 said:

I agree 100% !!!  Why would the CTA keep that junk around ??  Hungarian company and Made in Alabama = Disaster waiting to happen

We should be thankful no serious injuries or lives lost related to that joint defect on those buses !!

 

Dave

You know before they were NABI, they were Ikarus.  Pace West had the 416 model.  I used to think the 2200 series buses were restyled Orion I buses.  Other than the body, everything from the seats to the lighting and the engine was like the Orion I buses Pace had.

Sometimes I wonder if the XCELSIORS are really renamed NABIs.  They really don't have the typical New Flyer styling. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

You know before they were NABI, they were Ikarus.  Pace West had the 416 model.  I used to think the 2200 series buses were restyled Orion I buses.  Other than the body, everything from the seats to the lighting and the engine was like the Orion I buses Pace had.

Sometimes I wonder if the XCELSIORS are really renamed NABIs.  They really don't have the typical New Flyer styling. 

Yeah you might be on to something with that. This was one of the very last models NABI had ready for production before shutting down and I so see some similarities to the current day xcelsiors we see now.

800px-40-LFW_Gen3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder when CTA does start rehabbing again will they use this seating cover design to replace the older fabric covers becuase with the pandemic still around these seats would be easier to clean. Also I found this to be quite amusing the other day when I notice an operator struggling to turn #701 out of a tight spot. They were stuck there for at least 15 minutes.

20201210_150138.jpg

20201210_150121.jpg

20201210_150143.jpg

20201208_145357.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wonder when CTA does start rehabbing again will they use this seating cover design to replace the older fabric covers becuase with the pandemic still around these seats would be easier to clean. Also I found this to be quite amusing the other day when I notice an operator struggling to turn #701 out of a tight spot. They were stuck there for at least 15 minutes.

20201210_150138.jpg

20201210_150121.jpg

20201210_150143.jpg

20201208_145357.jpg

Cool get to see the inside of 1342 it got fixed up good after the fire & some peoplr can't drive I wonder did they get their L's out of a cereal box 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wonder when CTA does start rehabbing again will they use this seating cover design to replace the older fabric covers becuase with the pandemic still around these seats would be easier to clean. Also I found this to be quite amusing the other day when I notice an operator struggling to turn #701 out of a tight spot. They were stuck there for at least 15 minutes.

20201210_150138.jpg

20201210_150121.jpg

20201210_150143.jpg

20201208_145357.jpg

We once had a guy stall out right at the entrance to the garage. Theres only one way in our garage cause its surrounded by freight tracks. So we all needed to pullin. Me too. They have an island where the freight crossing is but it turns 90 degrees after the crossing. So we all pulled in on the outbound side one lane keeping watch on our tail swings. Took them about an hour to get it going. Was an old 2008. 

Had sort of a laugh out in hinsdale. Out there they have these real expensive houses and everyone drives land rovers and stuff. So one day I get caught by the bnsf and I need to make a turn 90 degrees I'm in the right lane train passes, beside me is a tesla. So I go to make my turn and discover my tail is swinging closer and closer to the Tesla so I guess the guy got worried and swung to the left but I knew what was happening cause I stopped the turn. Yeah his tesla would have had some big mark's on it after that. That's a turn I'm going to have to watch. It can get you in trouble. Usually I avoid those intersections but I got caught in something new there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...