Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

On 10/29/2020 at 8:56 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

?? bro it aint that bad just mind ya business & you all good that's surviving Chicago thats how I been doing in the hood since I was a kid 

I do the same, but you can't control for everything. And sometimes, its just wise not to be in that type of environment. When I worked late at FedEx, this is why I would take the Green Line to Garfield and take the 3 home instead of going to 79th Red Line.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Im glad someone else knows this phenomenon! I can always tell something is going to happen at 79th Red Line, cause all of a sudden people have a train to catch or no one suddenly has to catch a bus anymore 

something always happens at 79th red line it may seem quiet but trust me always something 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Im glad someone else knows this phenomenon! I can always tell something is going to happen at 79th Red Line, cause all of a sudden people have a train to catch or no one suddenly has to catch a bus anymore 

The 79th redline station is a cesspool for lose sqaures,drug deals, $1 tap ons and Gang activity. Whenever CPD has multiple units sitting in front of the station almost 9 times out of 10 that station is empty which sucks because it shouldn't take CPD being there every blue moon to remove these people.I remember one evening last summer during the 4th of July CPD has half a dozen units sitting in front of a several CTA stations along the red line and they were practically empty compared to any other night where they would be full of people loitering. 

22 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I do the same, but you can't control for everything. And sometimes, its just wise not to be in that type of environment. When I worked late at FedEx, this is why I would take the Green Line to Garfield and take the 3 home instead of going to 79th Red Line.

Yeah the red line during the late evenings has it fair share of moments and having to be anywhere near 79th will throw you for a loop with all the chaos that goes on there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

605 must gone go into service at C soon it got legit numbers & a paint job its sitting at SS

1031201110_HDR.jpg

Yeah I got an up close look at it, everything looks pretty modern and spacious in there. My only dislike is the paint scheme believe it or not. I figured CTA would of thought of something much more interesting. 

49 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I got an up close look at it, everything looks pretty modern and spacious in there. My only dislike is the paint scheme believe it or not. I figured CTA would of thought of something much more interesting. 

Interesting nay cost too much.  Besides that could be a wrap rather than paint.

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yea I thought they was gone put it in they regular paint 

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yea true but me personally imma go whatever way I feel like 

18 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

The 79th redline station is a cesspool for lose sqaures,drug deals, $1 tap ons and Gang activity. Whenever CPD has multiple units sitting in front of the station almost 9 times out of ten that station is empty which sucks because it shouldn't take CPD being there every blue moon to remove these people.I remember one evening last summer during the 4th of July CPD has half a dozen units sitting in front of a several CTA stations along the red line and they were practically empty compared to any other night where they would be full of people loitering. 

Yeah the red line during the late evenings has it fair share of moments and having to be anywhere near 79th will throw you for a loop with all the chaos that goes on there.

The fact that $1 tap-ons got a mention is hilarious ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The fact that $1 tap-ons got a mention is hilarious ?

Man when I use to work 79th street that's all I would hear and see from Cottage Grove to Western. I would get so irate with people who would do that and half the time those senior cards or special cards as I call them dont even work which then wastes my time trying to get out of the intersection and let alone the redline. I wish there was a better way to combat those people who abuse the little freedom that they have to make a quick buck. Its even worse when the card is stolen and it doesn't get deactivated.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Man when I use to work 79th street that's all I would hear and see from Cottage Grove to Western. I would get so irate with people who would do that and half the time those senior cards or special cards as I call them dont even work which then wastes my time trying to get out of the intersection and let alone the redline. I wish there was a better way to combat those people who abuse the little freedom that they have to make a quick buck. Its even worse when the card is stolen and it doesn't get deactivated.

I get those all the time on the 12 7 126 52 82 21 I don't be caring I'm still get my money at the end of the day & I respect the hustle I see it as at least they aint begging for chamge & all I hate a begger

42 minutes ago, ajay said:

LOL

Well I never saw something like this on a bus but the people that talk very loudly while I am filming the train really annoys me. I film the train and it’s noise but the people that talk so loud they interrupt my recording and having me go to the back of the train because of how crazy he was acting, but we were in the first car (5075 on Aug. 3 2020 at around noon). The guy did calm down when the driver asked him to but at least nothing went too much out of hand. You never know what you expect on the cta loool until you find out