Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, Agent said:

That's strange, I've seen a lot of #53 artics near Kostner. Komensky is a very small terminal so I don't know how they manage to fit artics in there

It can be a tight fit there ive had my times while turing around there where it be a 53 artic or 2 53 artics then I pull in with a artic & u like wow

On 9/27/2020 at 2:20 PM, YoungBusLover said:

For any of my fellow travelers and operators god speed with you because cottage grove is an absolute mess. I never thought it was this bad until I picked it but on the weekends it's just nutty. Imagine having to work a double and triple street then add on to that not having any reliefs. I haven't had any easy time on cottage until my very last trip of evening around 10:30. Currently there is only 6 buses out there and I unfortunately have to go work on that street. I wish CTA would do something about this because it keeps getting worse and worse. I had one passenger tell me that had to wait nearly 2 hours for a bus because they had to keep switching buses due to no reliefs getting made. That to me is unacceptable and should be looked into if it hasn't already because I have get caught in the crossfire of tension from the passengers. I'm grateful it hasn't gotten violent but I'm starting wonder what the breaking point. 

I most definitely feel your pain bro it has got worst

16 hours ago, Agent said:

That's strange, I've seen a lot of #53 artics near Kostner. Komensky is a very small terminal so I don't know how they manage to fit artics in there

When I have my mid afternoon to early evening runs on pulaski there's usually two sitting in there and even on rare occasion they'll also will be a #82 sitting in there around 8 or 9 pm with one #53 that is usually an artic.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:20 PM, YoungBusLover said:

For any of my fellow travelers and operators god speed with you because cottage grove is an absolute mess. I never thought it was this bad until I picked it but on the weekends it's just nutty. Imagine having to work a double and triple street then add on to that not having any reliefs. I haven't had any easy time on cottage until my very last trip of evening around 10:30. Currently there is only 6 buses out there and I unfortunately have to go work on that street. I wish CTA would do something about this because it keeps getting worse and worse. I had one passenger tell me that had to wait nearly 2 hours for a bus because they had to keep switching buses due to no reliefs getting made. That to me is unacceptable and should be looked into if it hasn't already because I have get caught in the crossfire of tension from the passengers. I'm grateful it hasn't gotten violent but I'm starting wonder what the breaking point. 

I most definitely feel your pain bro it has got worst

15 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Artics still go in the terminal at 31st and Komensky for whatever reason and it bugs the hell out of me at times especially when there's two sitting in there. 

Yeah I saw an artic in the front of the turnaround. If 2 artics go in there then dont ask me how the #53A goes in there cause theres really no room. 

Was driving around and noticed the irving pk cumberland bathroom for the operators is a port-o-potty. I was like really, what happened to the bathroom they had? I hate port-o -potties. They opened a gas station down the street. I'd probably just take a personal there. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah I saw an artic in the front of the turnaround. If 2 artics go in there then dont ask me how the #53A goes in there cause theres really no room. 

Was driving around and noticed the irving pk cumberland bathroom for the operators is a port-o-potty. I was like really, what happened to the bathroom they had? I hate port-o -potties. They opened a gas station down the street. I'd probably just take a personal there. 

Yeah i've normally had to honk my horn to get one of them to move and reposition themselves in the terminal and trust me it is a tight squeeze. I've noticed a lot of port-o-potty's pop back up recently. I remember when I had 87th street on the weekends last pick that I would have to use the regular bathroom at the damen terminal before going to Western,Cicero and Commercial because of the port-o-potty getting removed for a few months. As much I as loved my runs on 87th not having anywhere to go for a quick bathroom break at the end of each terminal other than damen became torture for me.

Have anybody ever came in contact with a bus that a driver had that tested positive for this virus CTA sent me to get teated today ive had a bus that a driver had the other day & before I could pull out supervisors ran in front of me & told me to get off & go get tested so I just left the VA & does anybody know how long it takes for a test like this I then forgot the bus number 

6 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Have anybody ever came in contact with a bus that a driver had that tested positive for this virus CTA sent me to get teated today ive had a bus that a driver had the other day & before I could pull out supervisors ran in front of me & told me to get off & go get tested so I just left the VA & does anybody know how long it takes for a test like this I then forgot the bus number 

The bus number is important since I rode 2 routes from K recently.   12 and 18.

4 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

It's like a week for the results. They are starting to get some at the stores that will show you results fast and its discreet. 

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Route 13 doesn't exist. I'm pretty sure you meant to say the 12 Roosevelt.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The bus number is important since I rode 2 routes from K recently.   13 and 18.

The bus been taken out of service till it gets deep cleaned 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

It's like a week for the results. They are starting to get some at the stores that will show you results fast and its discreet. 

Imma find 1 to go to so I can go in the morning cuz right now I'm gone sleep in my car till I know something dont want to take that bs in the house & possibly get my girl & daughter sick 

21 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Imma find 1 to go to so I can go in the morning cuz right now I'm gone sleep in my car till I know something dont want to take that bs in the house & possibly get my girl & daughter sick 

Theres one at jewel osco that's a saliva test gives results in 72 hrs.

43 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Theres one at jewel osco that's a saliva test gives results in 72 hrs.

Ok cool thanks bro cuz I know the VA gone drag they ass well imma be camping in my car till I get the results back dont want to get my girls sick if I do have it but imma keep my head up & go bout normal life not claiming it

12 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Ok cool thanks bro cuz I know the VA gone drag they ass well imma be camping in my car till I get the results back dont want to get my girls sick if I do have it but imma keep my head up & go bout normal life not claiming it

I would definitely call your VA hospital asap, and see if they have rapid testing and available appointments. I work for a VA, and the new rapid testing allows for results on the same day. The same test may be available at private sites, like the Jewel-Osco. 

1 hour ago, rl12383 said:

I would definitely call your VA hospital asap, and see if they have rapid testing and available appointments. I work for a VA, and the new rapid testing allows for results on the same day. The same test may be available at private sites, like the Jewel-Osco. 

Yea I did the fast 1 at jewels see this my first time tsking a covid test so I didnt know the VA did it fast af see I just wanna make sure I dont have it thats why I havent been home ive been sleeping in my car dont want to get my girls sick but jewels said that they will let me know