Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, strictures said:

The buses are finally gone from in front of the police stations.  Now if that fool Lightfoot would put the cops back in the districts & off of Michigan Ave., with their lights flashing all day, maybe crime in the neighborhoods would start to go down!

But then crime will come back downtown again.  While I understand the need to reduce crime in the neighborhoods, crime downtown affects the city's image worldwide,  which effects tourism,  and the ability to attract business.  That affects tax collections and other revenues and that adversely affects the city ecomony.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

But then crime will come back downtown again.  While I understand the need to reduce crime in the neighborhoods, crime downtown affects the city's image worldwide,  which effects tourism,  and the ability to attract business.  That affects tax collections and other revenues and that adversely affects the city ecomony.

Was reading an interesting story about San Diego. There they have cameras mounted to the streetlights keeping an eye on the street. So if a crime happens it's all on tape. In this age where the police are watched on camera. It's only fair the residents are watched as well. Maybe putting cameras around houses may be too much but around retail centers why not. Downtown has been spooked away and the only way to restore confidence is let them know someone is watching and has their back. 

4 hours ago, strictures said:

The buses are finally gone from in front of the police stations.  Now if that fool Lightfoot would put the cops back in the districts & off of Michigan Ave., with their lights flashing all day, maybe crime in the neighborhoods would start to go down!

They definitely not finna do that the city don't give a dam about the hoods they only care about downtown & the northside they have 1 shooting they get scared ask for more police & they get it we can have 100 shootings ask for more officers & all we get its officers that wanna lock us up if we breath wrong but this is the goverment they only care about you if your rich & white 

18 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

They definitely not finna do that the city don't give a dam about the hoods they only care about downtown & the northside they have 1 shooting they get scared ask for more police & they get it we can have 100 shootings ask for more officers & all we get its officers that wanna lock us up if we breath wrong but this is the goverment they only care about you if your rich & white 

I say get out of the hood.  If the hood doesn't care about the hood,  why should anyone else?  I know a lot of innocent people are seemingly stuck but the best chance of survival is out of the hood.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, artthouwill said:

But then crime will come back downtown again.  While I understand the need to reduce crime in the neighborhoods, crime downtown affects the city's image worldwide,  which effects tourism,  and the ability to attract business.  That affects tax collections and other revenues and that adversely affects the city economy.

The extra cops downtown weren't there to prevent ordinary crime, they were there to prevent another round of looting. 

9 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I say get out of the hood.  If the hood doesn't care about the hood,  why should anyone else?  I know a lot of innocent people are seemingly stuck but the best chance of survival is out of the hood.  

Yea that's why me & my girl saving for a house in Oak lawn I lived in the hood fight had shootouts in the hood but once I went to the military & came back I said I survived both wars I don't wanna die in the hood

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Got both my covid test back from the VA & Jewels both came back back the same negative for the virus now I can go home & this is why wear my nike gloves when I'm on shift driving 

Good now you can get out of the car. It's getting cold to do that. I've slept in cars on road trips and it's not that comfortable. I was happy to see a hotel when I did.

12 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

1748 got into a lil panel twar driver ripped the side open on a fire hydrant 12 got Harrison blocked due to a car accident bus driver tried to make the turn but couldn't

Are you talking about 2 different accidents?  I don't understand how a bus can hit a fire hydrant unless its turning way too soon or running or jumping the curb.

Now I've encountered a lot of things in my short career with the company but I've never seen a pole in the middle of the drivers seat of a bus holding up the ceiling panels. I can't make this stuff up, when I was about to do my pull out pre trip inspection I see that and I couldn't help but laugh. I mean look at this. 

20201003_215645.jpg

20201003_215614.jpg

20201003_215627.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Now I've encountered a lot of things in my short career with the company but I've never seen a pole in the middle of the drivers seat of a bus holding up the ceiling panels. I can't make this stuff up, when I was about to do my pull out pre trip inspection I see that and I couldn't help but laugh. I mean look at this. 

20201003_215645.jpg

20201003_215614.jpg

20201003_215627.jpg

??? dam well 7952 needs to be over at ss or in the boneyard waiting for repairs 

20201003_215645.jpg

20201003_215614.jpg

20201003_215627.jpg

Is this on purpose?  It doesnt look like an accident. Maybe this was done to make sure no one drives it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Is this on purpose?  It doesnt look like an accident. Maybe this was done to make sure no one drives it.

I don't think it was done on purpose because the sign out personnel wouldn't have given me the bus like that.Now she was just as shocked as I was when I told her about the mishap and she candidly gave me another bus afterwards which was speed demon #7931. I wish maintenance and sign out personnel were on the same page when it comes to stuff like this because had that been any other operator like a rookie they might have gotten themselves into a sticky situation. 

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

??? dam well 7952 needs to be over at ss or in the boneyard waiting for repairs 

If there was any room sure but 74th takes up so much room at the current state with all there buses at SS.

I don't think it was done on purpose because the sign out personnel wouldn't have given me the bus like that.Now she was just as shocked as I was when I told her about the mishap and she candidly gave me another bus afterwards which was speed demon #7931. I wish maintenance and sign out personnel were on the same page when it comes to stuff like this because had that been any other operator like a rookie they might have gotten themselves into a sticky situation. 

If there was any room sure but 74th takes up so much room at the current state with all there buses at SS.

damn 74th really has the most buses at SS? 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Man 6 must just beat they buses down since they mostly got they buses taking up space there

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

20201003_215645.jpg

20201003_215614.jpg

20201003_215627.jpg

Now no one can drive that bus, I wonder how they even got that there in the first place looool now one more thing I notice that no one else noticed there was no seatbelt buckle thing and buses need those seatbelt buckles so the drivers are safe with their seatbelts