Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

10 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Question about block runs. Are those usually just stuck on the same route for all 10 hours? Or are those too interlined like full time and part time? 

Yea basically like its kina like pre arranged the way ive seen it anybody can pick up a block run like a full time run is driving by a fulltime driver a part time run is driven by a part time driver I may have if I am wrong somebody correct me 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea basically like its kina like pre arranged the way ive seen it anybody can pick up a block run like a full time run is driving by a fulltime driver a part time run is driven by a part time driver I may have if I am wrong somebody correct me 

There is one part time run here at 77th that is a block run on 79th believe it or not. 10 hours and 20 odd minutes. I felt bad for the operator stuck with that during the weekends.

20 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well sadly #804 has returned to the boneyard and it looks like for good this time. Its sitting amongst the first 6400s to be retired from years ago along with #6127 and #1993.

804 did great considering the 800s never got a rehab.  I don't think the 900s made it anywhere close to 12 years.

17 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

804 did great considering the 800s never got a rehab.  I don't think the 900s made it anywhere close to 12 years.

Judging on when the 900s went into service(I think it's 2007) they were only in service for about 6 years or so.

24 minutes ago, ajay said:

If I am correct, they retired because of ISE going bankrupt and CTA didn't have many parts for the 900s. I think this is the same reason the 500s retired.  

You right broham parts was hard as he'll to get so they just went on head & knocked them off thats why they said inside of K for so long until they was taken to the boneyard they was still in running shape but to have it break down out in service to have to tow it they didnt wanna do that

57 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Yeah it did, I'm just curious as to why they may have fixed it up just to send it back to the boneyard yet again. What also boggles my mind is seeing so many #6400s converted into Instruction buses but have yet to be used. On a positive note #1185 is almost ready to return to service. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah it did, I'm just curious as to why they may have fixed it up just to send it back to the boneyard yet again. What also boggles my mind is seeing so many #6400s converted into Instruction buses but have yet to be used. On a positive note #1185 is almost ready to return to service. 

anything new on #1805 #4119?

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

There is one part time run here at 77th that is a block run on 79th believe it or not. 10 hours and 20 odd minutes. I felt bad for the operator stuck with that during the weekends.

6 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Ouch so a block run pretty much stays on the same route the whole day? Highway hypnosis much? 

14 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Ouch so a block run pretty much stays on the same route the whole day? Highway hypnosis much? 

Yeah, it is rare to see blocks runs split between two streets, a majority if not all of them stay on the same street for the duration. I know one operator has a block run on cottage during the week and he's basically my relief after I get done with my tripper and sadly he's been getting shortchanged for his fallback only having less than an hour due to long reroute we've had on the south end of cottage which still boggles my mind but that's another story for another day. Now if we want to get technical these dang AM/PM swing shifts feel like block runs even though the actual driving time is roughly six odd hours. Those are the worst because they take up a majority of your day, sometimes its nice to have a 4 or 5 hours pause but after a while it just drags, I like going straight through my runs which is why I avoided them for the fall pick. I'll do trippers throughout the week over swings.

17 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

anything new on #1805 #4119?

At this point its a game of Russian roulette regarding the remaining #6400's ,Boneyard #4000's, #1125,#1245,#1805,#4119 ,#8023 and #8229. I'm still trying figure out where the 10 missing #4000's went because they've been missing from the active roster for a few months now.

50 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

At this point its a game of Russian roulette regarding the remaining #6400's ,Boneyard #4000's, #1125,#1245,#1805,#4119 ,#8023 and #8229. I'm still trying figure out where the 10 missing #4000's went because they've been missing from the active roster for a few months now.

Yeah, it is rare to see blocks runs split between two streets, a majority if not all of them stay on the same street for the duration. I know one operator has a block run on cottage during the week and he's basically my relief after I get done with my tripper and sadly he's been getting shortchanged for his fallback only having less than an hour due to long reroute we've had on the south end of cottage which still boggles my mind but that's another story for another day. Now if we want to get technical these dang AM/PM swing shifts feel like block runs even though the actual driving time is roughly six odd hours. Those are the worst because they take up a majority of your day, sometimes its nice to have a 4 or 5 hours pause but after a while it just drags, I like going straight through my runs which is why I avoided them for the fall pick. I'll do trippers throughout the week over swings.

I like the split runs it gives me time to go to the post office & ship off all of these car parts to the buyers but sometimes it does drag

1805 & 4119 is done with said to say but those aren't coming back they have been down like 4119 been down for 2 years 1805 been down for dam near 3 years both of those are done with they just waiting to be tragged into the boneyard I think they maybe stripping parts off 4119 but the hood on it stays up