Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Whats wrong with this pic lets see who gets it ??

FB_IMG_1603820047901.jpg

At one time,  there was nothing wrong with this.  But CTA changed the markers so it would be less confusing.  Now Green Line trains have green markers for Harlem and Ashland/63 and white and Green for Cottage Grove. 

It looks like this should be a Blue Line train to O'Hare.  It looks like this train is sitting at  Forest Park.   Apparently the 3200s weren't reprogrammed. 

37 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

At one time,  there was nothing wrong with this.  But CTA changed the markers so it would be less confusing.  Now Green Line trains have green markers for Harlem and Ashland/63 and white and Green for Cottage Grove. 

It looks like this should be a Blue Line train to O'Hare.  It looks like this train is sitting at  Forest Park.   Apparently the 3200s weren't reprogrammed. 

Yea its blue line train with green line sign ??

29 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Bus driver was shot with a paintball gun overnight driver was driving 1276

Yeah things have been getting out of hand with these freelance paintball attackers and with this happening on a late evening at 80th and cottage grove is disturbing since our relief point is at 79th, so much stuff happens at 79th already and with this happening randomly out if the blue is troubling. Now granted this was late at night but my fear is 10/30-10-31 is going to be hell for all operators around the system with so many people especially teens and young adults doing things they should while using public transportation. Thankfully the operator was ok last night but it's still ridiculous having to deal with that.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah things have been getting out of hand with these freelance paintball attackers and with this happening on a late evening at 80th and cottage grove is disturbing since our relief point is at 79th, so much stuff happens at 79th already and with this happening randomly out if the blue is troubling. Now granted this was late at night but my fear is 10/30-10-31 is going to be hell for all operators around the system with so many people especially teens and young adults doing things they should while using public transportation. Thankfully the operator was ok last night but it's still ridiculous having to deal with that.

If somebody shoot at me with paintballs imma give them that hot lead

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Usually theres a heavy police presence out south. I was wondering what happened to all the cops cause I barely see them up north. I found out one Sunday night. I was working on an uber bonus and got caught up working in Roseland around Michigan and 112th through the ryan split. There were cops it seemed like every 2 blocks hanging out all over. It actually unnerved me seeing all the police. They were sitting around some were on calls. I never really saw that before. I got to north side and noticed people driving over 100 on the kennedy. It just seemed that night like there was so much lawlessness. I was happy to get home. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Usually theres a heavy police presence out south. I was wondering what happened to all the cops cause I barely see them up north. I found out one Sunday night. I was working on an uber bonus and got caught up working in Roseland around Michigan and 112th through the ryan split. There were cops it seemed like every 2 blocks hanging out all over. It actually unnerved me seeing all the police. They were sitting around some were on calls. I never really saw that before. I got to north side and noticed people driving over 100 on the kennedy. It just seemed that night like there was so much lawlessness. I was happy to get home. 

CPD picks and chooses when they want to be seen, I hardly see them in the hot spots along 79th street, Cottage Grove and even King Drive believe it or not. 

11 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Thats how it is bro they be up north somewhere hiding plus on the higheays thats state boyz turf & you know state boyz be so far spaced out 

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

CPD picks and chooses when they want to be seen, I hardly see them in the hot spots along 79th street, Cottage Grove and even King Drive believe it or not. 

I agree they dont give a dam so they come out when they wanna come out cuz they know it aint like they actually protecting anybody in the hood anyways they only protect downtown & up north the rich white people

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah 79th and cottage usually has people hanging on the corner. I dont know I dont like tight intersections like that.  But it appears the attacks are coming from a car. With all the cameras we got in the city, It should be easy to catch these guys. Why doesnt cta start a policy at 77th to tell riders to exit from the rear doors only. It would save the operators from opening the doors up front too much. Heard it happened while riders were exiting. I'd be driving defensively.

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah 79th and cottage usually has people hanging on the corner. I dont know I dont like tight intersections like that.  But it appears the attacks are coming from a car. With all the cameras we got in the city, It should be easy to catch these guys. Why doesnt cta start a policy at 77th to tell riders to exit from the rear doors only. It would save the operators from opening the doors up front too much. Heard it happened while riders were exiting. I'd be driving defensively.

Man CPD dont care bro this aint law & order they aint solving nothing 

4 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Man CPD dont care bro this aint law & order they aint solving nothing 

Should be a blast on halloween. I'm debating if I should work. At least I have a choice, but the union should be stepping up to help you guys. You guys pay bank for union dues. I recently found out how much. Ouch!! You need to get what your paying for. 

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Should be a blast on halloween. I'm debating if I should work. At least I have a choice, but the union should be stepping up to help you guys. You guys pay bank for union dues. I recently found out how much. Ouch!! You need to get what your paying for. 

Imma go to work on that day but I'm taking my gun with me CWW thang & if somebody call themselves trying to be slick they gone feel my military training along with 40 cal shells 

On 10/27/2020 at 11:45 PM, YoungBusLover said:

This, especially 79th & Cottage Grove. I walk a lot of places and for some distances, but I always make sure to be on a bus going through that intersection

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This, especially 79th & Cottage Grove. I walk a lot of places and for some distances, but I always make sure to be on a bus going through that intersection

?? bro it aint that bad just mind ya business & you all good that's surviving Chicago thats how I been doing in the hood since I was a kid 

12 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I remember one time I was standing there at 79th and Cottage waiting to make a relief going northbound and this distraught women came out of no where with a long butcher knife looking for someone and almost every guy standing on the corner and adjacent to the block down the street just vanished out of thin air. It made me chuckle until she came towards the bus stop but luckily my relief came a few minutes later and the passengers that were there waiting with me were happy to get the hell out of there. 79th and cottage is the step cousin to Madison and Pulaski, I have no idea how they're so similar to eachother when it comes to crime,junkies and just weird experiences.

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I remember one time I was standing there at 79th and Cottage waiting to make a relief going northbound and this distraught women came out of no where with a long butcher knife looking for someone and almost every guy standing on the corner and adjacent to the block down the street just vanished out of thin air. It made me chuckle until she came towards the bus stop but luckily my relief came a few minutes later and the passengers that were there waiting with me were happy to get the hell out of there. 79th and cottage is the step cousin to Madison and Pulaski, I have no idea how they're so similar to eachother when it comes to crime,junkies and just weird experiences.

Aht aht dont compare us to outwest. They’ll prolly steal your bus ?

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2020 at 6:52 AM, YoungBusLover said:

Im glad someone else knows this phenomenon! I can always tell something is going to happen at 79th Red Line, cause all of a sudden people have a train to catch or no one suddenly has to catch a bus anymore