Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Now no one can drive that bus, I wonder how they even got that there in the first place looool now one more thing I notice that no one else noticed there was no seatbelt buckle thing and buses need those seatbelt buckles so the drivers are safe with their seatbelts

Crazy things happen with cta fleet 

54 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

7952 is now on the 3 King Drive, so they removed that pole obviously because who can drive a bus with a pole on the seat ?? No one, so during the night they took the pole off so whoever was taking it on the 3 today they get to drive it!

Bet somebody might have put it there to keep that bus from going out 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, YoungBusLover said:

Now I've encountered a lot of things in my short career with the company but I've never seen a pole in the middle of the drivers seat of a bus holding up the ceiling panels. I can't make this stuff up, when I was about to do my pull out pre trip inspection I see that and I couldn't help but laugh. I mean look at this. 

20201003_215645.jpg

20201003_215614.jpg

20201003_215627.jpg

Driver got fed up with the constant call offs and lack of reliefs so started practicing to be a stripper and quit ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Driver got fed up with the constant call offs and lack of reliefs so started practicing to be a stripper and quit ?

Might have to pull that hard drive. I'm surprised the seat wasnt damaged. The shop might be trying to keep someone from taking the bus. We've had buses people pulled out and they needed to come back from incomplete work being done on them.

1 minute ago, geneking7320 said:

Please pardon me for not having pics but today [10/7/2020] a little after 12:00pm I saw a 4 car train of 2400s (work motors?) southbound approaching Cermak.

I noticed (from 21st Street by the tracks) that it had 4 Skokie Swift signs (on the operator's side of the train). Any significance?

Yea they be moving equipment needed at the rail shops & what not 

Did the #35 extend service from 24th Pl/Cicero? I've seen #35 buses at 16th/Cicero and Cermak/Kenton lately even though CTA's website says nothing about it. The other day a reroute for the #18 at 16th/Cicero because of construction included the #35 and now there's another reroute for the #35 at Cermak/Kenton.

36 minutes ago, Agent said:

Did the #35 extend service from 24th Pl/Cicero? I've seen #35 buses at 16th/Cicero and Cermak/Kenton lately even though CTA's website says nothing about it. The other day a reroute for the #18 at 16th/Cicero because of construction included the #35 and now there's another reroute for the #35 at Cermak/Kenton.

If the 18 was rerouted to Cicero and 34th Pl, is it possible the 35 was rerouted to Cermak and Kent on?  With the 54 and 60 at 24th., there wouldn't be enough room for the 18 and the 35 there so one of those 2 routes needed to temporarily move. 

49 minutes ago, Agent said:

Naw what it is sometimes you will come off the 35 or 60 & have to switch to the 21 or 18 or vice versa ive did it a few times myself & sometimes we may wait till we ready to start the route to switch the sign its like the game with the 57 65 & 73 when you see a 65 says to Laramie when it goes dam near to Harlem its either finna switch to the 73 or 57 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Naw what it is sometimes you will come off the 35 or 60 & have to switch to the 21 or 18 or vice versa ive did it a few times myself & sometimes we may wait till we ready to start the route to switch the sign its like the game with the 57 65 & 73 when you see a 65 says to Laramie when it goes dam near to Harlem its either finna switch to the 73 or 57 

I thought about that but the thing that puzzles me is the reroutes and why they reroute the buses for locations it doesn't serve. Those reroutes stay up for days and don't get corrected which leads me to believe it's not an accident.

31 minutes ago, Agent said:

I thought about that but the thing that puzzles me is the reroutes and why they reroute the buses for locations it doesn't serve. Those reroutes stay up for days and don't get corrected which leads me to believe it's not an accident.

Aw I seen that before they drag their ass sometimes on somethings