Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

25 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Would it be asking too much to have an appearance of #602? I'm starting to wonder if the electrics will run out of 77th for the first few days anyway. 

Well the mechanics were training on it this morning before I left the garage so anything is possible. #602 looked like a classroom with the amount of people surrounding it.

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I'm fine this happened about two hours after I got off this morning. The security gaurds at the front entrance need to be fired for even letting that happen. Anyone can get such easy access to these garages with minimal pushback these days. I leave late nights and security is just as un noticeable as a needle in a haystack. 

News source

What exactly did security fail to do? Are they just letting anyone in without checking IDs against a current employee list? If they’re doing that habitually then I’ll agree they should be fired, but I’m not sure they necessarily could have prevented this specific incident.

25 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

News source

What exactly did security fail to do? Are they just letting anyone in without checking IDs against a current employee list? If they’re doing that habitually then I’ll agree they should be fired, but I’m not sure they necessarily could have prevented this specific incident.

We "being the employees that work there daily" have seen on several occasions that security isn't doing what they're suppose to do when it comes to watching who is coming in and out of the garage entrances at any given time of the day, they're normally on there phone, watching Netflix, out to lunch or just asleep. We made inquires to our union and CTA about security on all fronts to be taken more serious for us and they have fallen on deaf ears to a degree. It takes something major and drastic like this for everyone to see it.

33 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

What happened to the RTAMS fleet page, it isn't there anymore :|. Does anyone got a new link for the fleet page at RTAMS? :x

https://rtams.org/dataset/cta-rolling-stock/resource/e7d3f8d7-66cd-421f-8942-f965060f789e#{view-grid:{columnsWidth:[{column:!Fleet_Name,width:385},{column:!Vehicle_Type,width:205}]}}

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

We "being the employees that work there daily" have seen on several occasions that security isn't doing what they're suppose to do when it comes to watching who is coming in and out of the garage entrances at any given time of the day, they're normally on there phone, watching Netflix, out to lunch or just asleep. We made inquires to our union and CTA about security on all fronts to be taken more serious for us and they have fallen on deaf ears to a degree. It takes something major and drastic like this for everyone to see it.

The news said tonight that that was the 2nd operator out of 77th shot at this week. It's like the wild west in chicago!!

6 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Sadly no but I know a few who have it but have never had it with them while on duty.

Ah, that's a shame. I know a lot of FedEx workers who did (not sure how many had permits tho ?) for about the same reasons you all should be able to. Especially considering the proximity to 79th Red Line

16 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I'm fine this happened about two hours after I got off this morning. The security gaurds at the front entrance need to be fired for even letting that happen. Anyone can get such easy access to these garages with minimal pushback these days. I leave late nights and security is just as un noticeable as a needle in a haystack. 

Man so how did he get in? I used to live south east and would sometimes leave my car at 103rd to get on a bus to downtown so I know 103rd was pretty open for people to do something like thag but I’d figure 77th would be more secure 

38 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Man so how did he get in? I used to live south east and would sometimes leave my car at 103rd to get on a bus to downtown so I know 103rd was pretty open for people to do something like thag but I’d figure 77th would be more secure 

They most likey walked in bro but they are a dumbass 7 is covered with cameras & 9 times out of 10 they some young mfs & didnt have on a mask

56 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

They most likey walked in bro but they are a dumbass 7 is covered with cameras & 9 times out of 10 they some young mfs & didnt have on a mask

Wild. The way it looks from 79th you’d think they’d ask for either some work ID at the driveway entrance or at least ask what sort of reason you have for trying to enter. Especially since 77th handles so much more for the system compared to other garages. But then again I was able to park at 103rd AFTER a bus was stolen so.... even was able to chill at the garage  till a bus could take me home one night cause I got arrested and stranded on 103rd and Luella

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yeah it's pretty simple to walk in especially if security doesn't apply pressure and even though we have un-armed security that shouldn't of gotten that far.

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

This is what the security booth looks like at times throughout the day and those red gates can't really stop a car for entering or leaving even if they're properly secured better but even then that wouldn't of stopped those two individuals yesterday from trying to escape with the charger.

The photos below really show a glimpse of what little security we have against anyone bold enough to do what they did yesterday.

Security.png

Security2.png

Security1.png

29 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Wild. The way it looks from 79th you’d think they’d ask for either some work ID at the driveway entrance or at least ask what sort of reason you have for trying to enter. Especially since 77th handles so much more for the system compared to other garages. But then again I was able to park at 103rd AFTER a bus was stolen so.... even was able to chill at the garage  till a bus could take me home one night cause I got arrested and stranded on 103rd and Luella

what u get in cuffs for?

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah it's pretty simple to walk in especially if security doesn't apply pressure and even though we have un-armed security that shouldn't of gotten that far.

This is what the security booth looks like at times throughout the day and those red gates can't really stop a car for entering or leaving even if they properly secured better but even then that wouldn't of stopped those two individuals yesterday from trying to escape with the charger.

The photos below really show a glimpse of what little security we have against anyone bold enough to do what they did yesterday.

Security.png

Security2.png

Security1.png

that’s some cheeks they need to fire em and hire better ones or even CPD and need to add cameras on them entrances 

Just now, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

that’s some cheeks they need to fire em and hire better ones or even CPD and need to add cameras on them entrances 

The weakest link of them all is the vault entrance for pull-ins. There is cameras down there watching but like I said before people that are bold and desperate could care less.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

The weakest link of them all is the vault entrance for pull-ins. There is cameras down there watching but like I said before people that are bold and desperate could care less.

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Smfh

Who seen the Kedzie bus driver making videos with a bodycam all around his bus for CTA on YT? I like his channel and more people are finding about his channel too. He does behind the scenes videos at the kedzie garage and he also does videos of him  operating different buses like #1240 a couple times and 1728.