7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

8 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

I get what you're saying trust me. And for all we know Rosemont can be putting out all of the 7000s it has but again theyre still a relatively small percentage (30%) of the fleet so if you've only been able to check on the Congress branch (which has 50% of the service) you're gonna have maybe a 15-30% chance of seeing a 7000 compared to a 30-50% chance of seeing one at Jackson or anywhere north of the short turn cause majority of whatever they're running is going to stay east of Halsted 

I get that I'm only going to see a small portion of what could be on the lune since the Forest Park branch is the shorter and less frequent of the two branches.  I was able to observe a little more since I was downtown and some of the short turns were 2600s/3200s.    I would probably bet that if I went to O'Hare,  I would see more 7000s in Rosemont yard than I would see in service.   There has to be a reason for that. 

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I would probably bet that if I went to O'Hare,  I would see more 7000s in Rosemont yard than I would see in service.   There has to be a reason for that. 

There "has to be a reason" for your "probably bet," as by saying that you have no factual basis. How about taking the trip to O'Hare instead of making suppositions (which you have done an awful lot lately)?

On 9/22/2024 at 9:25 AM, artthouwill said:   I would probably bet that if I went to O'Hare,  I would see more 7000s in Rosemont yard than I would see in service.   There has to be a reason for that. 

Yeah, to be honest I agree with this. I take blue from Wicker to O’Hare about once a week, and have at least 10 times since the summer.

I’m 0-10 (minimum) on 7000’s. There’s nearly always anywhere from 3-6 consists parked up there. I probably have awful odds but I’d be shocked if more than 25% of runs are 7000’s and bet it’s closed to 15-20.

in fact, right now I’m back from O’Hare. All 3 trains at ORD with 32/26’s, and we’ve passed 3 trains that are 32/26’s.

• Upvote 1