7000-series - Delivery

Moderator note: This is a discussion forum, not a messaging platform. For those who wish to send short messages back and forth, please use the Messages feature. Off-topic and one-word posts have been deleted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator note: This is a discussion forum, not a messaging platform. For those who wish to send short messages back and forth, please use the Messages feature. Off-topic and one-word posts have been

here is the first 7000 at skokie shops once 7 more arrive they will begin testing 

Moderator note: Off-topic posts have been removed.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Took a look a the bus ridership dashboard, last updated 3/28. Seems the busiest period of ridership is during the Weekday PM, on the following routes. These all experience what CTA describes as high ridership. I don't think this is really a surprise (except maybe NB 50, but I'm rarely on Damen, so)

• NB 4, 1p-2p
  • SB 4, 3p-4p
  • NB 9, 12p-4p
  • SB 9, 3p-4p
  • NB 22, 2p-4p
  • SB 22, 4p-5p
  • NB 36, 2p-3p
  • NB 50, 2p-3p
  • EB 63, 3p-4p
  • SB 71, 3p-6p
  • WB 77, 2p-3p

The only time I've ever seen a LOT of riders on the Damen bus(to the point it was even standing room only on the bus, pre-COVID), was right after a Bulls game, Blackhawks game, or whatever other event(concerts, etc) ended in the evening. And to a lesser extent, you'd also see extra riders on the Damen bus right after Amundsen High School ended the school day. Otherwise as a regular #50 Damen rider who rides it more often than a lot of other bus routes, Damen doesn't seem as crowded as other bus routes(i.e. #22, #49, #63, #77, etc).

Back to the main subject of this topic(the 7000s being tested on the Blue Line), what times of the day would you most likely see the test 7000 series train in service? Anyone who works for CTA's Blue Line operations(or say out of the Rosemont or Forest Park Yard), have an unofficial idea in their head when this train most often is in service on weekdays? I'd LOVE to ride that train for myself, just to see what it's like.

19 hours ago, 2200SeriesFan said:

The only time I've ever seen a LOT of riders on the Damen bus(to the point it was even standing room only on the bus, pre-COVID), was right after a Bulls game, Blackhawks game, or whatever other event(concerts, etc) ended in the evening. And to a lesser extent, you'd also see extra riders on the Damen bus right after Amundsen High School ended the school day. Otherwise as a regular #50 Damen rider who rides it more often than a lot of other bus routes, Damen doesn't seem as crowded as other bus routes(i.e. #22, #49, #63, #77, etc).

Back to the main subject of this topic(the 7000s being tested on the Blue Line), what times of the day would you most likely see the test 7000 series train in service? Anyone who works for CTA's Blue Line operations(or say out of the Rosemont or Forest Park Yard), have an unofficial idea in their head when this train most often is in service on weekdays? I'd LOVE to ride that train for myself, just to see what it's like.

blue line early morning thru early evening best way to catch it is the noon to 1pm hour

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I'm probably not going to be able to  catch the 7000s on the Blue Line.   Any indication of what Line they will probably test on next?

Because the Blue Line is so separated from the rest of the system, my uneducated guess will be the Pink Line, since moving the 7000 train to 54th Yard presents the least amount of complications. From Pink, to Green, and then it's anyone's guess.

27 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Because the Blue Line is so separated from the rest of the system, my uneducated guess will be the Pink Line, since moving the 7000 train to 54th Yard presents the least amount of complications. From Pink, to Green, and then it's anyone's guess.

That makes sense 

But we'll see.  Perhaps they take a trip back to Skokie Shops before going to the next line.

On 5/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

58 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

7000s running #301 on the Pink as of today

Ok.  There we have it.  Will Punk only run one test set or will they dare try running rwo?

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I see the destination signs are still not working!

If you’re going by video it’s really bad and showing signs because of how the lighting interacts they’ve worked when I’ve seen them  now if you seen them and they didn’t work then I’ll concede on that lol

31 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

If you’re going by video it’s really bad and showing signs because of how the lighting interacts they’ve worked when I’ve seen them  now if you seen them and they didn’t work then I’ll concede on that lol

I'm going by the video both inside and outside the train.

1 minute ago, strictures said:

Shows you how long it's been since I went past 18th St.  When was Kildare replaced by Kostner as a stop?

Wow. It's been awhile for you!  The station is Kostner now.  In case you missed it, Hoyne was replaced by Damen.  I'm pretty sure these changes were made when the Renew the Blue was reconstructing the then 54/Cermak branch of the Blue Line. 

27 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Wow. It's been awhile for you!  The station is Kostner now.  In case you missed it, Hoyne was replaced by Damen.  I'm pretty sure these changes were made when the Renew the Blue was reconstructing the then 54/Cermak branch of the Blue Line. 

I also didn't realize Hoyne was replaced by Damen, which is the logical place, as there's a bus on Damen.  But then Lake St. never had a stop at Western, it was at Oakley, again a weird choice.

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I'm going by the video both inside and outside the train.

Hmm I’ll look in person because some pics show the sign flawlessly others either the camera messes with the sign or causes the sign to show up in a different color when viewing on video. I can barely make out the pink when viewing the recently posted video because of lines appearing for example 👍🏾

Just now, Sam92 said:

Hmm I’ll look in person because some pics show the sign flawlessly others either the camera messes with the sign or causes the sign to show up in a different color when viewing on video. I can barely make out the pink when viewing the recently posted video because of lines appearing for example 👍🏾

BUT I work AMs in the loop all week so I’ll check for myself if they stay on #301

2 hours ago, strictures said:

Shows you how long it's been since I went past 18th St.  When was Kildare replaced by Kostner as a stop?

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

It's interesting to see the generational differences on the forum. I'm only 6 years younger than the Orange Line. I'm old enough to remember when the Douglas Branch was still the Blue Line, but too young to know that Kildare & Hoyne were ever stations lol.

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I see the destination signs are still not working!

I was talking to a CRRC employee and the reason for this is the destination signs on the 7000s consume less energy.  The LEDs in reality are blinking and have a lower refresh rate.  It's not as bad on the 3200s and 5000s because the LEDs have a higher refresh rate and consume more energy.  I wish they would fix the signs though.  It's hard to take photos of the signs when it's sunny.  I can only manage to get the signs to come out clear in lower light environments.

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It's interesting to see the generational differences on the forum. I'm only 6 years younger than the Orange Line. I'm old enough to remember when the Douglas Branch was still the Blue Line, but too young to know that Kildare & Hoyne were ever stations lol.

Now gone head change your name to NephewMCI 😂

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I was talking to a CRRC employee and the reason for this is the destination signs on the 7000s consume less energy.  The LEDs in reality are blinking and have a lower refresh rate.  It's not as bad on the 3200s and 5000s because the LEDs have a higher refresh rate and consume more energy.  I wish they would fix the signs though.  It's hard to take photos of the signs when it's sunny.  I can only manage to get the signs to come out clear in lower light environments.

Is this why the LED signs spazz out when I look at photos and videos of them that I take? I've always notice they behave erratically, but I always thought it was a camera issue, because when I look at them with my 4 eyes, they seem static (as in standing still)