Jump to content

7000-series - Delivery


Recommended Posts

Moderator note: This is a discussion forum, not a messaging platform. For those who wish to send short messages back and forth, please use the Messages feature. Off-topic and one-word posts have been deleted.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Moderator note: This is a discussion forum, not a messaging platform. For those who wish to send short messages back and forth, please use the Messages feature. Off-topic and one-word posts have been

here is the first 7000 at skokie shops once 7 more arrive they will begin testing 

Moderator note: Off-topic posts have been removed.

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Took a look a the bus ridership dashboard, last updated 3/28. Seems the busiest period of ridership is during the Weekday PM, on the following routes. These all experience what CTA describes as high ridership. I don't think this is really a surprise (except maybe NB 50, but I'm rarely on Damen, so)

  • NB 4, 1p-2p
  • SB 4, 3p-4p
  • NB 9, 12p-4p
  • SB 9, 3p-4p
  • NB 22, 2p-4p
  • SB 22, 4p-5p
  • NB 36, 2p-3p
  • NB 50, 2p-3p
  • EB 63, 3p-4p
  • SB 71, 3p-6p
  • WB 77, 2p-3p

The only time I've ever seen a LOT of riders on the Damen bus(to the point it was even standing room only on the bus, pre-COVID), was right after a Bulls game, Blackhawks game, or whatever other event(concerts, etc) ended in the evening. And to a lesser extent, you'd also see extra riders on the Damen bus right after Amundsen High School ended the school day. Otherwise as a regular #50 Damen rider who rides it more often than a lot of other bus routes, Damen doesn't seem as crowded as other bus routes(i.e. #22, #49, #63, #77, etc).

Back to the main subject of this topic(the 7000s being tested on the Blue Line), what times of the day would you most likely see the test 7000 series train in service? Anyone who works for CTA's Blue Line operations(or say out of the Rosemont or Forest Park Yard), have an unofficial idea in their head when this train most often is in service on weekdays? I'd LOVE to ride that train for myself, just to see what it's like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 2200SeriesFan said:

The only time I've ever seen a LOT of riders on the Damen bus(to the point it was even standing room only on the bus, pre-COVID), was right after a Bulls game, Blackhawks game, or whatever other event(concerts, etc) ended in the evening. And to a lesser extent, you'd also see extra riders on the Damen bus right after Amundsen High School ended the school day. Otherwise as a regular #50 Damen rider who rides it more often than a lot of other bus routes, Damen doesn't seem as crowded as other bus routes(i.e. #22, #49, #63, #77, etc).

Back to the main subject of this topic(the 7000s being tested on the Blue Line), what times of the day would you most likely see the test 7000 series train in service? Anyone who works for CTA's Blue Line operations(or say out of the Rosemont or Forest Park Yard), have an unofficial idea in their head when this train most often is in service on weekdays? I'd LOVE to ride that train for myself, just to see what it's like.

blue line early morning thru early evening best way to catch it is the noon to 1pm hour

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I'm probably not going to be able to  catch the 7000s on the Blue Line.   Any indication of what Line they will probably test on next?

Because the Blue Line is so separated from the rest of the system, my uneducated guess will be the Pink Line, since moving the 7000 train to 54th Yard presents the least amount of complications. From Pink, to Green, and then it's anyone's guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Because the Blue Line is so separated from the rest of the system, my uneducated guess will be the Pink Line, since moving the 7000 train to 54th Yard presents the least amount of complications. From Pink, to Green, and then it's anyone's guess.

That makes sense 

  But we'll see.  Perhaps they take a trip back to Skokie Shops before going to the next line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Because the Blue Line is so separated from the rest of the system, my uneducated guess will be the Pink Line, since moving the 7000 train to 54th Yard presents the least amount of complications. From Pink, to Green, and then it's anyone's guess.

 

58 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

7000s running #301 on the Pink as of today

Ok.  There we have it.  Will Punk only run one test set or will they dare try running rwo?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I see the destination signs are still not working!

If you’re going by video it’s really bad and showing signs because of how the lighting interacts they’ve worked when I’ve seen them  now if you seen them and they didn’t work then I’ll concede on that lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

If you’re going by video it’s really bad and showing signs because of how the lighting interacts they’ve worked when I’ve seen them  now if you seen them and they didn’t work then I’ll concede on that lol

I'm going by the video both inside and outside the train.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, strictures said:

Shows you how long it's been since I went past 18th St.  When was Kildare replaced by Kostner as a stop?

Wow. It's been awhile for you!  The station is Kostner now.  In case you missed it, Hoyne was replaced by Damen.  I'm pretty sure these changes were made when the Renew the Blue was reconstructing the then 54/Cermak branch of the Blue Line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Wow. It's been awhile for you!  The station is Kostner now.  In case you missed it, Hoyne was replaced by Damen.  I'm pretty sure these changes were made when the Renew the Blue was reconstructing the then 54/Cermak branch of the Blue Line. 

I also didn't realize Hoyne was replaced by Damen, which is the logical place, as there's a bus on Damen.  But then Lake St. never had a stop at Western, it was at Oakley, again a weird choice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I'm going by the video both inside and outside the train.

Hmm I’ll look in person because some pics show the sign flawlessly others either the camera messes with the sign or causes the sign to show up in a different color when viewing on video. I can barely make out the pink when viewing the recently posted video because of lines appearing for example 👍🏾

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sam92 said:

Hmm I’ll look in person because some pics show the sign flawlessly others either the camera messes with the sign or causes the sign to show up in a different color when viewing on video. I can barely make out the pink when viewing the recently posted video because of lines appearing for example 👍🏾

BUT I work AMs in the loop all week so I’ll check for myself if they stay on #301

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, strictures said:

Shows you how long it's been since I went past 18th St.  When was Kildare replaced by Kostner as a stop?

 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Wow. It's been awhile for you!  The station is Kostner now.  In case you missed it, Hoyne was replaced by Damen.  I'm pretty sure these changes were made when the Renew the Blue was reconstructing the then 54/Cermak branch of the Blue Line. 

It's interesting to see the generational differences on the forum. I'm only 6 years younger than the Orange Line. I'm old enough to remember when the Douglas Branch was still the Blue Line, but too young to know that Kildare & Hoyne were ever stations lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I see the destination signs are still not working!

I was talking to a CRRC employee and the reason for this is the destination signs on the 7000s consume less energy.  The LEDs in reality are blinking and have a lower refresh rate.  It's not as bad on the 3200s and 5000s because the LEDs have a higher refresh rate and consume more energy.  I wish they would fix the signs though.  It's hard to take photos of the signs when it's sunny.  I can only manage to get the signs to come out clear in lower light environments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

 

It's interesting to see the generational differences on the forum. I'm only 6 years younger than the Orange Line. I'm old enough to remember when the Douglas Branch was still the Blue Line, but too young to know that Kildare & Hoyne were ever stations lol.

Now gone head change your name to NephewMCI 😂

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

I was talking to a CRRC employee and the reason for this is the destination signs on the 7000s consume less energy.  The LEDs in reality are blinking and have a lower refresh rate.  It's not as bad on the 3200s and 5000s because the LEDs have a higher refresh rate and consume more energy.  I wish they would fix the signs though.  It's hard to take photos of the signs when it's sunny.  I can only manage to get the signs to come out clear in lower light environments.

Is this why the LED signs spazz out when I look at photos and videos of them that I take? I've always notice they behave erratically, but I always thought it was a camera issue, because when I look at them with my 4 eyes, they seem static (as in standing still)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By railfan4072
      It seems the CTA is getting ready to announce an RFP (request for proposals) for a new series of rail cars. I hear that, with options, the order could be for more than 800 cars.

      Does anyone have more details?
    • By MetroShadow
      I was trying to see if there were any remants of old driver paddles, when I stumbled onto an old "manual" for the first-gen 7000 Man Articulated series. Take a look. There are a bunch of photos (interior and exterior).
      Edit: Including the classic Flyers in the thread too

×
×
  • Create New...