8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

9 hours ago, Busjack said:

According to those posting rosters, FG got 49 8350s and 113 of 7900-8349. How many more does it need?

As I previously indicated, if the allocation is based on having  firm  orders for 300 Novas plus the electrics, 45-50 per garage is about right.

If any garage has been neglected, it's K.

I didn't know how many fg had in total cause you know that they just lost some to other garages

13 hours ago, William Miles said:

do anyone know when are the other new Nova bus  8459 and rest of the Nova going into service. Does anything have any ideal

Only 12-13 buses have been delivered so far and as I've stated before that usually it'll take about month before new buses hit the streets, the process is very lengthy to say the least to make sure that the buses pass inspection without any hiccups. Then there's getting them registered with the state and finally reconfiguring them to the standards that CTA wants to operate them at. If I'm not mistaken but are the buses fresh from the plant governed at 55 mph before delivery?

10 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Only 12-13 buses have been delivered so far and as I've stated before that usually it'll take about month before new buses hit the streets, the process is very lengthy to say the least to make sure that the buses pass inspection without any hiccups. Then there's getting them registered with the state and finally reconfiguring them to the standards that CTA wants to operate them at. If I'm not mistaken but are the buses fresh from the plant governed at 55 mph before delivery?

Aw if they only max out at 55 that sucks I don't wanna drive them

34 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Aw if they only max out at 55 that sucks I don't wanna drive them

I think that's VTA policy that all of their buses are governed to 55mph.  I believe the accident around Soldier Field that killed several teenagers going to a concert sparked this.  The CTA bus was a 6 Jeffery Express.  Channel 2 news then did a follow-up story where they clocked the Jeffery Expresses doing 60 in that area.  I believe CTA'S response to the bad publicity was to govern the buses to 55mph.

To be honest,  I don't think CTA is the only agency that does it

If there are any buses that go faster than that. It's either the mechanics undoing the governing or somehow slipping through the cracks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I think that's VTA policy that all of their buses are governed to 55mph.  I believe the accident around Soldier Field that killed several teenagers going to a concert sparked this.  The CTA bus was a 6 Jeffery Express.  Channel 2 news then did a follow-up story where they clocked the Jeffery Expresses doing 60 in that area.  I believe CTA'S response to the bad publicity was to govern the buses to 55mph.

To be honest,  I don't think CTA is the only agency that does it

If there are any buses that go faster than that. It's either the mechanics undoing the governing or somehow slipping through the cracks.

When that bus crashed on the 6 was it the one that ran I to the tree also yea the mechanics gotta be un doing it 

20 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

When that bus crashed on the 6 was it the one that ran I to the tree also yea the mechanics gotta be un doing it 

No.  This was back around the mid 1980s when Northbound Lake Shore Drive was east of Soldier Field.   This was a Southbound 6 that hit a car that stopped on Lake Shore Drive because the car missed the left turn at McFetridge to get into the parking lot.   A 7100 series MAN arric hit that car. 

As a result,  buses including the newest Novas get governed.  I don't know if thats done at the factory or by the transit agency.   My guess would be the transit agency.  I can't imagine seeing those buses struggling to climb those Pennsylvania mountains starting at 55 m ph.

10 hours ago, artthouwill said:

No.  This was back around the mid 1980s when Northbound Lake Shore Drive was east of Soldier Field.   This was a Southbound 6 that hit a car that stopped on Lake Shore Drive because the car missed the left turn at McFetridge to get into the parking lot.   A 7100 series MAN arric hit that car. 

As a result,  buses including the newest Novas get governed.  I don't know if thats done at the factory or by the transit agency.   My guess would be the transit agency.  I can't imagine seeing those buses struggling to climb those Pennsylvania mountains starting at 55 m ph.

Aw ok I didn't know that but back then I wasn't even thought of back in the 80's 

On 2/24/2023 at 12:53 PM, artthouwill said:

They seem to be rolling in at a faster clip than the base order.  We will see how many pile up before they are shipped off to their home garage.

Yeah sort of,  I could care less with how many come at one time I'm more concerned with how long it'll take with them getting setup and hitting the streets.