8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

4 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

Although the CTA has used the Luminator Horizon destination signs on most of its earlier buses (up to and including buses 7900-8324), the newest 8350s and Proterras use Hanover Monochrome destination signs.

I’m not a fan of those newer destinations signs you can include 1249 with them as well. They’re must slower as far as what the destination says. The older signs are faster lol.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChicagoRail
On 1/26/2023 at 8:37 PM, Mr.cta85 said:

I’m not a fan of those newer destinations signs you can include 1249 with them as well. They’re must slower as far as what the destination says. The older signs are faster lol.

I prefer the older signs as well but white amber.

11 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

103rd should be the next garage to some, Chicago getting a small handful completely took me by surprise and I'm still confused by. 74th and 77th should be the last garages to get anything. 

77th always get the new buses I was shocked we got some over at C also But I still say FG & 3 should be the first to get them they got alot of the oldest buses in the fleet 77th is cool & 74th is also pretty cool also

8 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1279 said:

as i heard per maintenance at FG they aren’t getting the 8450’s

FG probably already received what it was going to get. When I went by last weekend, it was almost all NFs parked at the Elston fence, which, besides being a change, showed that it was parking what most other garages were running.

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

FG probably already received what it was going to get. When I went by last weekend, it was almost all NFs parked at the Elston fence, which, besides being a change, showed that it was parking what most other garages were running.

That makes sense considering  how few buses FG runs on the weekend vs weekdays.  They can "rest" the older New Flyers on the weekends which is probably something the other garages can't do.   

8 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Yea I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get anymore they are the stepchild garage that nobody wants ???

According to those posting rosters, FG got 49 8350s and 113 of 7900-8349. How many more does it need?

As I previously indicated, if the allocation is based on having  firm  orders for 300 Novas plus the electrics, 45-50 per garage is about right.

If any garage has been neglected, it's K.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

According to those posting rosters, FG got 49 8350s and 113 of 7900-8349. How many more does it need?

As I previously indicated, if the allocation is based on having  firm  orders for 300 Novas plus the electrics, 45-50 per garage is about right.

If any garage has been neglected, it's K.

a lot of the 8351-8399 range are split wit 103rd and FG 8400-8449 FG C and 3