8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

So I take it that these are the first buses under Option 1 to arrive?  Did all of the base order arrive?

It will be interesting to see where these buses wind up.

No, #8449 was the last bus delivered in 2022, #8450 has not seen by me as of yet but this should be apart of option #2 of 100.  Chicago and 103rd should get the next batch, 77th should be the last garage to get anything more than 10. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

No, #8449 was the last bus delivered in 2022, #8450 has not seen by me as of yet but this should be apart of option #2 of 100.  Chicago and 103rd should get the next batch, 77th should be the last garage to get anything more than 10. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought 8350 - 8449 was the BASE order

There were then 5 options that could bring the order up to a total of 600 buses, which makes 8450 - 8549 OPTION 1

To my knowledge,  CTA has exercised the first two options  meaning we will see 8450 - 8649 being delivered. 

On 1/23/2023 at 1:13 PM, artthouwill said:

There were then 5 options that could bring the order up to a total of 600 buses, which makes 8450 - 8549 OPTION 1

To my knowledge,  CTA has exercised the first two options  meaning we will see 8450 - 8649 being delivered. 

Ahhh I misunderstood what you meant with your initial question but I get what you mean now. You are correct though. The CTA did excersis the first two options and pending further review they will decide whether or not to continue with the rest due to recent public outcry over going fully electric. 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

No you were right, 8350-8449 are the base order buses. 8450+ are options. 

14 hours ago, NovaHater said:

They’re not even training operators on it. Operators are just being assigned that bus. 

That’s cause they drive the same as the older 7900 series novas with just a slight adjustment of the brakes. The operators are already familiar with these Novas.

9 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

That’s cause they drive the same as the older 7900 series novas with just a slight adjustment of the brakes. The operators are already familiar with these Novas.

Yep same thing happened with the 700’s. I was shown where they charge and berth. Then one day the bus pulls up on a relief and I’m rolling ?

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Staff van. They're normally there with the Horizon luminator crew as well.

Although the CTA has used the Luminator Horizon destination signs on most of its earlier buses (up to and including buses 7900-8324), the newest 8350s and Proterras use Hanover Monochrome destination signs.