8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

On 10/16/2022 at 11:01 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

FG has 8350-8382, 8384-8387, 8389, 8391-8395, 8397-8399, 8401, 8403, 8418-8422 

103rd has 8383, 8388, 8390, 8396, 8400, 8402, 8404, 8407, 8409, 8417, 8426, 8428, 8431-8432 

8423, 8429 and 8433 were spotted out of C

It's interesting that they're already bringing a third garage into the mix, whether this is temporary on Chicago's part or permanent, instead of waiting for one of the later options that we already knew was likely. It's even further interesting due to Chicago having a relatively young fleet based on current fleet numbers of various bus models assigned there. Out of the five remaining garages outside of FG and 103rd, its buses are actually the youngest.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

It's interesting that they're already bringing a third garage into the mix, whether this is temporary on Chicago's part or permanent, instead of waiting for one of the later options that we already knew was likely. It's even further interesting due to Chicago having a relatively young fleet based on current fleet numbers of various bus models assigned there. Out of the five remaining garages outside of FG and 103rd, its buses are actually the youngest.

#8405 operated the 8 out of 77th

53 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Is it borrowed from SS or another garage?  It doesn't seem likely that 77th is getting any 8359s this soon.

It's on our roster list along with the #8350 prototype, I saw it via the Fleet master list that is at the sign out booth at our garage. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more get sent to 77th from SS in the next few weeks. The operator that had it friday told me that things are up in the air at the current moment for these new buses but time will tell if the rest of the garage gets the green light to be trained on these buses because what we all have to remember the next batch is coming in a few months. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's on our roster list along with the #8350 prototype, I saw it via the Fleet master list that is at the sign out booth at our garage. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more get sent to 77th from SS in the next few weeks. The operator that had it friday told me that things are up in the air at the current moment for these new buses but time will tell if the rest of the garage gets the green light to be trained on these buses because what we all have to remember the next batch is coming in a few months. 

It's not that I didn't expect 77th to get any 8350s, but with 103rd apparently not receiving 50 of them ( at least not yet), and C actually receiving some. Could with the fact that there are a few buses not delivered to SS from the 1st batch of 100, it seems odd to introduce a new garage to the mix this early.  Is CTA going away from block assignments?  There's some  buses at FG, then some at 103rd, then some at FG, then some at 103rd with a few mixed in at C, and now one in the middle at 77th.

I know the 7900s will be turning 8 years old next year and it will soon be time for some 1000s to retire.  But it seems like 103rd and FG should be the main priority.

21 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

It's not that I didn't expect 77th to get any 8350s, but with 103rd apparently not receiving 50 of them ( at least not yet), and C actually receiving some. Could with the fact that there are a few buses not delivered to SS from the 1st batch of 100, it seems odd to introduce a new garage to the mix this early.  Is CTA going away from block assignments?  There's some  buses at FG, then some at 103rd, then some at FG, then some at 103rd with a few mixed in at C, and now one in the middle at 77th.

I know the 7900s will be turning 8 years old next year and it will soon be time for some 1000s to retire.  But it seems like 103rd and FG should be the main priority.

i think what might happen is give up 8400-8449 to 103rd cuz majority of the 8400’s are at 103rd anyways but only time will tell and the buses that were spotted out of C were used for some imagrant transport from texas or what not 

43 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i think what might happen is give up 8400-8449 to 103rd cuz majority of the 8400’s are at 103rd anyways but only time will tell and the buses that were spotted out of C were used for some imagrant transport from texas or what not 

But there are also some 83xxs at 103rd.  If 8400 thru 8449 were going to be assigned to 103rd, they could have just sent them there rather than some 83xxs going to 103rd and 84xxs to FG and any buses going to C or 7.  Buses being used for migrants is irrelevant. 

I know on the rail side, some 26xxs are on the Blue Line,  some 26xxs are on the Brown Line,  and others are on the Orange line.   The same can be said about the rest of the 2600 series cars.  So are they going in the same direction with the buses?

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Actually they’ve began service in 2014 so this year marks their 8th year and their 9th year is next year.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

When the retirement starts most likely they should check the #1000’s with low mileage or other types of conditions and retire the ones with high mileage and with the worst conditions.

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

#8405 operated the 8 out of 77th

That must be a loaner from 103rd garage but I may be wrong, there’s a few randomly scattered out of C and this one out from 77th

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Is it borrowed from SS or another garage?  It doesn't seem likely that 77th is getting any 8359s this soon.

It must came from 103rd

6 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

That must be a loaner from 103rd garage but I may be wrong, there’s a few randomly scattered out of C and this one out from 77th

It must came from 103rd

As I stated before #8405 is on the active roster along with #8350 which is Currently numbered #83500, the extra 0 stating that is the prototype. 

8 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I wasn't expecting that move at all but if were going to be realistic here going into 2023, 77th receiving mid to high blocks of #1500s could be a key indicator to them not getting anything in the distance future in my honest opinion. How we got #1500s instead of lower #1000-#1010 is beyond me. I still think #8405 could be a one off scenario since only one operator so far was hand picked to be trained to operate new equipment. 

1905898826_20220805_153030.jpg.df4c87615f19f2ad340a7f7b3e680d5c(1).jpg

On 8/8/2022 at 12:12 PM, NovaHater said:

I have a quick question guy’s, did the CTA exercise the option for the full order of 600? I haven’t had a chance to go back through the thread. 

So far only it appears they're still going in that direction, the next order of 100 should be in the process of being built and delivered.  

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So far only it appears they're still going in that direction, the next order of 100 should be in the process of being built and delivered.  

As was noted up the thread, the second 100 are supposed to be delivered starting near the end of the year, and CTA exercised the option for the third 100 on Sept. 23, 2022.

My guess is that this will be similar to the 1000s: the allocation will be of rhe half order and, subject to what CTA does with the electric buses, each garage will get about 45-50 buses. 77th thus is probably next.

• Upvote 1